Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I’m new

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunny Mommy
      Participant
      33 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone!  My name is Gina and I have 3 bunnies that I am a mommy to.  2 of mine are rescues and my first is from a pet store.  I will post pics as soon as I can.  These are my bunnies:

Flops (3) spayed female, she’s my first, the ultimate diva who loves getting attention and always has an attitude like she is better than everyone.  LOL.  she is a lop, around 8-9 pounds, light brown

Obbie (3) neutred (or so they say) male that we got from a rescue 2 1/2 hours away.  he is a sensitive little fellow and is flop’s bonded buddy after a very long hard bonding process.  He is a dalmation Rex and our smallest, maybe about 5 or 6 pounds.

Lastly, our newest Elvira (3) is a silver marten speayed female.  We were "fostering" her but couldn’t let her go.  We say that she has been "on the streets" for a while, she’s a rough and tough gal   She has not been bonded with the other two yet.

As for me, I am in my late twenties and I live in NJ.  I am in social work but going back to be a special ed teacher.  Drop a line sometime and say hello!  (I wish i had some pics, but my laptop has been broken)

Gina

• RascalnBinks
        Participant
        53 posts Send Private Message

Hey there welcome to Binky bunny! Sounds like ya got your hands full lol. I like that ya lop is miss diva sounds like my girl. I wish ya had pics too! Hopefully ya can get ya puter fixed so we can see those bunnies!

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello Bunny Mommy & Welcome!

It sounds like you have a great bunny family over there My boyfriends first bunny was also a rough tumble lil’ bun from the streets (he was being sold in an alleyway in a cage stuffed with baby rabbits – and was rescued by a local shelter) but now he’s our very best bun! He still will NOT stand for being pikced up, but we don’t mind because he’s very obedient. I bet Flops is quite the chill bun, those big floppy eared ones always seem to be the most chill (despite their dive status!) I can’t wait to see some pictures!

• Bunny Mommy
            Participant

Nice to meet you!  I can’t believe your story!  wow!  poor bunny!  glad he has a good home now!

yes, FLOPS is SOOOO relaxed and laid back.  she sleeps ALL day and lays out in her "roadkill" position all day long.  nothing can interfere with her nap time!  LOL (she learned it from me haha)
              Gina

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Bunny Mommy!  Sounds like you have an adorable crew! My Jack was originally a foster, and I couldn’t let him go!   Your Elvira sounds like my Rucy.  She is a martin mix.   She has gotten softer as she ages, but she still is a tough gal.

I noticed you said hello to Marie from the other board.  Is that ivillage by chance?  I was board leader over there for years, but had to quit when this got started otherwise it would have been a conflict of interest.(hampton2002)  The managers were really nice over there about it, very supportive.   I still visit over there every once in awhile to say hi to Flossy and any old timers.  Were you over there when I was there as a leader?

Well, again welcome, it’s always great to have a few places to go!  A great way to really get well-rounded answers to any problem.  Speaking of which – do you have any challenges with your bunnies currently?  Litter training, house proofing, future bonding questions? 

I also bet you could help others out too as three bunnies does have a way of forcing us to get savvy quick doesn’t it?

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binky Bunny Bunny Mommy! I hope you love it here enough to stick around and share more bunny-lore with us! That’s wonderful you’ve rescued your buns, even from a pet store. : ) I hope you love the change in jobs and it is an easy transition for you.

• Bunny Mommy
                  Participant

Yes I do remember you from Ivillage!  My name over there was GinaElena. 

I used to chat online all day at work on their site but it was blocked.  This site insn’t so i use my valuable work time over here.  LOL

I haven’t been active on that board in a while because my personal laptop has been broken.  And i talk to Michelle all the time still, she really is a great person.

SO i kind of feel like i am "cheating" but i need my "bunny fix"  HAHA

Gina

• wendyzski
                    Participant
                    1312 posts Send Private Message

Welcome aboard!

Flops sounds like my Pepper – a total lop diva! That you finally managed to get her a bondmate gives me hope – Pepper has tried to beat up every boybun I introduced her to.  Any hints you can provide about how you managed it would be gratefully appreciated.

• Bunny Mommy
                      Participant

actually, my boy and girl bonded by accident.  they would fight badly and i was a nervous wreck.  the best bonding time i had was when i used a pasta strainer in between them so they could smell but they didnt bite.  but, i had to be on top of them.

then, me and my boyfriend were at a wedding far away and we left the buns with his mom.  she decided to let them loose together and they were hopping around her house doing binkies!  i almost had a heart attack when she told me because i thought they were going to fight!

when i retry bonding my three i am going to try a car ride and then the bathtub WITH a pasta strainer.  i am taking every precaution.

GOOD LUCK!
                        Gina

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I’m new