Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS I wanted to recommend a litter pan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Borya02
      Participant
      93 posts Send Private Message

Jdjjffh

I have had so many difficulties finding a suitable litter pan for my rabbit. Initially I just had a regular pan for her, but she would sit in there and her bum would get really dirty and matted. I solved this by putting a grate on the pan. However, she would pee off the edges, and also i think it wasn’t so comfortable. After this I began exploring rabbit litter pans specifically that are grated and have side walls, but boy are they expensive. And even worse , many of them.seem set up so that the grate doesnt cover the entire bottom of the pan, and theres a hard plastic outline where pee collects. I splurged on one that has a grate covering the entire bottom, only to have the plastic degrade after only about a month!

Finally finally I believe I found a pan that meets all requirements, and I wanted to share this in case it helps someone in my situation. Best part , it was very cheap about $16.

I know you guys don’t like links so.I just share the name: “Arm & Hammer cat sifting litter box large”. Points: 1. Its grated. 2. Walled so impossible to pee over the side. 3. Cheap (less than $20). 4. Easy to clean. 5. The holes are small enough that its comfy on her feet. 6. Grate covers entire pan so no pee  sticks around the edges. 7. Its very spacious. Best part – rabbit loves it!!

What i do: I put a puppy pad beneath the grated section. I discovered puppy pads at Sam’s club which are cheap and.absorb 8 cups and it lasts all day. They don’t smell. This setup has really changed both my rabbit and my life! Hope it helps!

• Moonlightbunny66
        Participant
        694 posts Send Private Message

When my bunnies keep peeing and pooping in one spot I like to mix up the litter in the box. Then there’s unused litter in that spot, and it’s cleaner on their feet and less litter wasted when I dump them out! 🙂 Just a tip I learned from someone’s YouTube video.

I’m glad your bunny is better now! I don’t know much about grates. I’m so scared of hurting their paws.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS I wanted to recommend a litter pan