Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A I think Lullabelle is depressed.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

My boyfriend and I broke up, and i’ve moved out with my aunt and uncle for a temporary place to stay until i can find an apartment. I’ve got Lulla set up in my bedroom, I have the basement so Its 1 big room with a living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc. so she can see everything thats going on. She just seems so sad, she ate her greens last night, but she ate them really slowly. Usually when I set them down shes got them gobbeled up in 1-2 minutes but it took her almost 2 hours to eat them all. I gave her pellets this morning and she’s barely touched them. I havn’t seen her take a drink and shes just lying in her cage. She never lies in her cage. I thought maybe that she’s so sad because I’m so sad, but I’m concerned about her barely eating. I’ve given her some new toys to play with, she hasn’t touched them. She’s not even interested in her raisins. She’s been lying in bed with me and spending a lot of time around me. I’m not to sure what to do. Im sure she misses home, but unfortunently theres nothing I can do about that. Does anyone know anything that might perk her up?

• LittlePuffyTail
        18092 posts Send Private Message

Sorry to hear about your breakup and your sad bun. I don’t really have any advice for you but I’m sure the others will give some good advice. I’ve never moved my buns so I’ve never experienced this.

• kimberleyanddarren
          Participant
          2520 posts Send Private Message

i am sorry to hear about your break up and sorry to hear you are having bunny problems, i think animals are very susceptible to movement and strange things going on, it is likely just going to take a while for her to get used to it, mainly i think if you are sad it is likely she is picking up on the negative vibes, sticking to your usual routine, spending plenty of time putting on a happy face being as bubbly as humanly possible infront of your bunny should help, constant attention and just trying to lift your own spirits as much as your buns and everything should be ok, in the pet store near me they sell this stuff that you put in the bunny water to make them more friendly and happy etc. but i dont think you need anything like this just use each other and make each other happy! keep us updated!

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry too. We’ve missed you here on the boards!  It does sound like the little girl is depressed.  I guess until you have a permanent place I would give her extra attention and snuggles.  These things are never easy. Take care.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

so sorry to hear of your breakup.  it must be quite an upheaval to have to re-locate as well.  ((((((hugs to you & lulla))))))

i would try to give her extra greens & hay if she seems to be eating them – even if it takes her longer to get it all down.  i would imagine that she can do without the pellets as long as she’s getting enough sustenance this way (please some one correct me if i’m wrong) and drinking normally.  i agree withthe others… she probably will need time to adjust to the move.  and perhaps injecting a bit of cheerful chit chat… even if its really forced… may help lift both your spirits a bit.

she’s pooping normally right?

• RabbitPam
                11002 posts Send Private Message

Has she been to the vet for a check up lately? I’d hate to see her having a bit of tummy trouble and thinking it’s sadness. Maybe a little visit for a nail trim and a once over would do her some good. Not drinking worries me, plus taking a long time to eat might be a wee bit of a toothache or something like that. Then if the vet says shes fine, you can try to get her more perky. If you can stick to your routines with her that she’s used to, even in a strange new home, she might respond more.

And I’m so sorry about your breakup. Glad to hear you have supportive family around to help you with your own sadness.

• kimberleyanddarren
                  Participant

yes rabbitpam has a point, she may be sick and it just happened to be at the same time as the move – i hadnt thought of that, so maybe a check up would be a good idea, anyway hows it going now?

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                    Participant
                    971 posts Send Private Message

Ohhh, hun, I am so sorry *hugs*…so sorry
                      I hope Lullabelle isn’t ill, that she’s just a bit sad about the move – new smells, new everything…
                      (sends hugs)
                      I’m here for you, as you’ve been there for me…

• elle.em.gee
                      Participant
                      23 posts Send Private Message

It seems a bunch of us have gone thru recent tough breakups (including me!). It def has its affects on our bunnehs. I think taking care of mine was somewhat therapeutic when the hurt was at its worst.

I hope you and Lullabelle feel better soon. Hang in there! You’ll feel better sooner than you think…

• skunklionshow
                        Participant
                        1257 posts Send Private Message

So sorry about the breakup.  This must be such a difficult time for you and your bun.  My pets were a great source of comfort for me when I got divorced (years ago).  I agree w/ getting a bunny check up, just to confirm that there isn’t a health prob, as we bunny folk always say…better safe than sorry.  Also, new homes mean new smells, new areas to get familiar w/ , and new people.  I’m sure that the both of you have been through a great deal of change w/ all these things and its impacting both of you.  I suggest, planning a special “date” with your bun.  Maybe you guys can spend a quality evening together watching the movie “Harvey”,,,isn’t that the one w/ the invisible giant rabbit or “Year of the Lepus”.  Lots of love & binkies to you both.

• Gravehearted
                          Participant
                          2428 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry to hear about your breakup and am sending lots of healing wishes your way. I have to admit that a SO that’s not not supportive or into my bunnies is a big turn off – so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. But, I am sure it doesn’t feel like that right now.

I think our bunnies often pick up on our emotions , so if you’re going through a hard time – it makes sense that she would be sensitive to that.

Stress can also bring on stasis, so please keep a careful eye to see if she’s eating.

If Lulla hasn’t eaten by tonight – I would highly recommend taking her to the vet in the morning.

Editing this – since you posted yesterday -   is she eating?  If not I would get her into urgent vet care today!

• xnovalentine
                            Participant
                            309 posts Send Private Message

hello everyone. thank you for all your kind words and suggestions. Lulla seems to be comming around, and has started showing signs of her mischievous self. since posting ive seen her drink more and she ate pretty quickly last night. her pellets still arent being touched very much, and shes still staying in her cage alot. she hasnt really fought me when i try to take her out, and wants to explore when i do take her out. i havnt really let her explore much because i havnt been up to bunny proofing this place, which is a cord haven. shes taken off a couple times and discovered under the bed, that was interesting trying to get her out from under there. she was hopping (literally jumping) on my bed this morning, so i think that just as long as shes being given attention shes feels better. ive been giving her almost all of my time, i havnt really been up to doing anything else. again, thank you all for your support i’m happy that you all care so much hopefully both me and lullabelle will be back to ourselves soon.

• kimberleyanddarren
                              Participant

aw i am glad its getting easier for you! dont worry you will both be fine keep us all updated wont you! ((vibes))

• Scarlet_Rose
                                Participant
                                4293 posts Send Private Message

novalentine, my regards and I hope you and Lulla are back and about like your normal selves.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A I think Lullabelle is depressed.