Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I met somebunny today…

Viewing 239 reply threads
  • Author
    • Azerane
      4416 posts Send Private Message

This evening I went out to a bunny group run by a rabbit rescue lady. She knows about Bandit and that me wanting to adopt has been pushed back for some time. She knew I was going to be at the group and I could tell straight away that she had a bunny lined up for me, so I just told her to hand it over, lol, I was overdue some bunny cuddles anyway.

So for an hour and a half I got to cuddle this little guy. Just under a year old, desexed. He was really sweet, and even tooth purred for me. He’s quite an unusual colour, a smokey grey otter with sandy undertones and creamy coloured paws.

I liked him, but I don’t know if he’s right for me yet. I found it hard because he was a similar colour (but not really) to Bandit. It was a bit difficult to like him, I’ve always seen myself moving away from grey bunnies for a next bunny. But it was nice to hold him and pet him etc. I’m told he’s very well house trained, and likes coming up on the couch. Both rescue ladies want him for their own, but aren’t able to, which means he’s a good bunn.

Given the situation with the parrot cage being on top of the rabbit cage, I told them it would have to wait a couple weeks until the cage situation is sorted. So I’m thinking that when that’s done, I’ll phone them up to organise a visit, my husband can meet this little guy, and we’ll interact with some of the other adoptables too to see if any of those seem better suited. I’m told there’s a little Dutch girl, so I’m interested to meet her too.

It seems dumb, because I’ve been really excited about getting another rabbit, and it was great cuddling him, but when I got home the first thing I did was cry because it wasn’t Bandit.

But that’s enough talking, I know you’re all just wanting to see pictures. Taken with my crappy phone camera, but you get the idea. His rescue name is Royster.

• Timber
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

Awww, adorable!

• LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Oh, he’s so beautiful! That face! Looks like a real sweet guy!

• tobyluv
      Participant
      3275 posts Send Private Message

He’s a beautiful bunny!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5317 posts Send Private Message

Aww Az. He looks a really nice little guy, but you know, you’ve got to find out why the tears afterwards and then you’ll know if Royster can come join you or another one later?

Were the tears guilt (for replacing Bandit)? Were they somehow tears of relief (actually taking the plunge and getting a new family member?). Tears of uncertainty because you so want a new bun, thought tonight was going to be “the night”, but Royster wasn’t “the one”?

Sleep on it and you’ll wake up knowing it, feeling it, deep down…. and go check out that little Dutch demoiselle in a couple of weeks !!
      Dont feel sad, this could be a new beginning !

• jerseygirl
      22171 posts Send Private Message

Aw what a sweet boy! How big would you guess he is?

I can understand it all left you emotional, being around all those fluffers.

You’ll know when the time is right and when the bunny is right.

• Hopper
      Participant
      158 posts Send Private Message

I’m sure you’ll find the right bun, he is adorable.

When it comes to a loss of pets and getting new ones, I have one saying: When you lose an animal, he takes a piece of your heart with him. When you get another she brings you another thing to love.

On another note-
      I was reading your post and I’m like “this sounds like Bunny Basics…” then I see your link in your profile lol! Hey! Its Hazel’s Hopping Warren!

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6345 posts Send Private Message

Az, he’s beautiful. Look at that ballerina pose when he’s grooming his leg!

But I get it – it’s one thing to know that you’ll open your home and hearts to another bun, and it’s another to actually start walking the path toward that day. Even if handsome honey is not that bun, a little fluffle time is good for one’s soul – both yours and Royster’s. *hug*

• LBJ10
      14214 posts Send Private Message

Don’t be silly Azerane! That bunny needs you!

• Azerane

Thanks for the responses everyone, I appreciate it, it is very exciting

@Vienna. I think the tears were mostly just me missing Bandit. You can’t replace a lost pet, a new pet is a new personality to love, but at the end of the day I think I just wanted Bandit back. It was a little overwhelming, being excited about it but bringing back a lot of memories. I don’t know whether he was “the one” but I think that’s why I need to meet the other bunnies too. I think his colour being grey-ish with the pale eye and ear rims just reminded me a bit too much of Bandit, which put me off at first. But at the end of the day, colour means nothing really.
      I would actually love to adopt two bunnies and bond them, but I don’t want to push my luck with our rental agent given we just got a parrot, lol.

@Jersery, he’s a little smaller than Bandit was and at a very wild guess based on how big he was, I’m going to say around 2.7kg. Now I have to get him so that I can weigh him and find out how close I am, lol.

@Hopper, hello there, what a surprise It sounds like Bunny Basics because it is Nice to know you’re here too

And I know he needs me and that he’s simply adorabun. I think I need time to process, fortunately I have time till the cage arrives.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Why make work for yourself ? Just adopt two buns that are already bonded !! I am SO doing that next time round !

And, (and not to bore you with the reason how I know this) – the next time you see Royster you WILL know if your heart skips a beat (true luuurve) or if it is ‘just good friends’ (move on to little Dutch girl !!) !!

I say celebrate your thousandth posting on here with a “I”ve got him” post !!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Good grief, woman! You expect her to decide in 30 posts or less?!

• LBJ10

Um… yes.

• Azerane

lol, you guys are too funny If the bird cage arrives when the tracking information says it will, there’s a chance I may decide next week, so I may make it within 30 posts, haha.

I would adopt a pair or two to bond, I just technically didn’t mention two bunnies to the rental agent when it was discussed some time ago, it was always just “a rabbit”. I’m not too keen on pushing my luck there.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

25 and counting…..

• Azerane

So… Saturday is the day We have a time booked in to go and see Royster again and meet some of the other bunnies I’m really excited

Yesterday after Dory changed cages I pulled apart her temporary cage in addition to the roof and front wall of the bunny condo (bird food and poop infested). Today I soaked and scrubbed the grids and wiped down the whole condo (incredible how dusty it was, especially around where I used to put the hay). It’s ready for reassembly tomorrow. I also washed all the bunny fleece and some of the plastic toys today, I think I have a couple more to do tomorrow in addition to checking the hay box. Such a beautiful bale of hay, just sitting in that box for 7 months, such a waste. It should still be good though, hay doesn’t really go bad if stored properly. I’m more concerned about spiders having moved in, although I did try to seal it. So I’ll be checking that thoroughly tomorrow with gloves on and some sort of poking around tool.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy I am sooooo excited for you / with you !!!! Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• LittlePuffyTail

Take lots of pictures Saturday!!!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

How exciting! He really is quite stunning. =)

• Love4Bunny
      Participant
      878 posts Send Private Message

Azerane, I’m really happy for you. He really is adorable.

Lol… Q8 & LBJ10

• LBJ10

Well? Where’s our new bunny?

• jerseygirl

Good luck tomorrow! Go with your gut.

• LBJ10

No! I want our new bunny NOW!!!! Azerane, can’t you just bust in there in the middle of the night?

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious ?

• Bam
      14212 posts Send Private Message

This is so exciting!

• Azerane

I think both the foster carer and the bunnies would consider it impolite to just bust in in the middle of the night, as tempting as it may be… Can you imagine, me kicking the door down, carrier in one hand, treats in the other. I’ll unlatch all the cages and all the bunnies will follow me out into the night like the pied piper.

I’ve been busy prepping today. The condo is reassembled, I’m just in the process of clipping all the cable ties. I’ve checked the box of hay outside and it’s still as fresh and green, and smelling as wonderful as the day I bought it (triggered my allergies too, haha). I didn’t find any awful critters hiding it in either. Litter storage box is topped up. I still have to set up the condo with bowls, litter tray, toys etc but I think I’ll do that in the morning. I’ve still got a bit of tidying to do tonight. I’ve been so busy removing random bits of junk from high areas to prevent Dory landing on it that now there’s too much at bunny danger level. I’m so out of practise!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m in agreement with LBJ – you said “Saturday”, you didn’t say not at 00:01 hours!! In my calculations that’s in just a few Aussie hours….

On a harsher note, Jersey said “go with your gut”.
      Firstly, I would not take kindly to my partner being called that…(!) …

AND also… although it is good advice to go in twos – and no disrespect to Jersey’s so-called “advice” ( ) – I would also add, “go with some raisins, a camera (to record the moment), a carrier or fleece and some dolly lolly to pay with !!”

• jerseygirl

^

• Theodorusrex
      Participant
      335 posts Send Private Message

Azerane, I’m so excited for you. I agree with Jersey – go with your gut it rarely lies. I can’t wait to see pics

• jerseygirl

VB, maybe she should take TWO carriers?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I agree with Jersey!! TWO carriers is a must!

• LBJ10

Yes, two carriers! Maybe three, just to be safe.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

How many bunnies are there? Bring that amount of carriers!

• jerseygirl

Or
       photo image_zpsrel63knj.jpeg

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I believe you should take just one carrier – because when you get 2 bonded buns which are sooo much easier, they’ll go in one carrier together !!….

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

I’m with Vienna. I vote a bonded pair

But Royster is sooo cute, he will make it difficult, I’m sure.

That pet taxi is the bomb @Jerseygirl

• LBJ10

JG – Yeeeeeeesssssssssss!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Ha ha ha yes!!

Vienna, what is she gets a bonded quartet? Hmmm? How do you expect her to fit them all in one carrier, unless it is a carrier for a big dog!

• jerseygirl

Hmm… Almost 11am here and Az didn’t check in here this morning. So I’m gonna assume they’ve gone to see the bunz…
      “Are-we-there-yet?Are-we-there-yet?Are-we-there-yet?”

• Azerane

I’ve been busy prepping and laughing at all your comments, lol. This thread may be getting out of hand

I had to put everything in the condo, do some vacuuming, clean Dory’s cage, go to the farmers market for fresh fruit and veg (lets face it, mostly Dory and bunny veg, barely anything for the humans). We’ll be leaving in about 5 minutes

I have no idea how I’m going to choose!

• jerseygirl

If you do get a bunny today, I hope you have a name settled for it. Because if there is a bunny naming thread to come, those can get out of hand!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hey, no fair! I thought I’d wake up to a new bunny (bunnies) and here I am, wide awake now, and nada zip zilch. Az! Show. Me. The rabbit! ???

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

It’s 11:30 pm here. When I wake up in the morning, there’d better be pictures!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Q8 ha ha we posted at like the same time

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s because great minds think alike.

• Azerane

Geez guys, patience Can’t a person spend an hour being indecisive about which bunny to bring home I also considered taking the time to eat lunch first before posting but figured you had all been left to sweat long enough.

We cuddled Royster again, he’s sweet and all but it just didn’t feel right for me to adopt him. It probably wasn’t good either that he had his moody pants on and all he wanted to do was nip me. I don’t feel I judged him on that though because he was a real sweetheart when I held him a week and a half ago, it just didn’t feel right.

Then then was a ginger lop who wasn’t right, an adorable chocolate dutch girl and she was just gorgeous, but she wasn’t right either. Then we cuddled a pair of bunnies, Tony a red-eyed-white with frosty ears and nose, and Rosie a vienna marked ginger agouti type who seems to be part lop. I fell in love with Tony, he seemed a super sweet lap bunny. Initially I decided to adopt Royster, two bunnies was just too much of a risk with vet costs etc and I didn’t know whether it would work out and so on. But I didn’t feel settled about the decision.

Ultimately I changed my mind on adopting Royster, which I felt bad about and we took home the pair on a two week trial basis. I’m told Tony is friendly and outgoing, and Rosie is shy but sweet. So far they seem ok in the cage, spent a lot of time in their litter tray (I think a little wary of the slippery floor), but now Tony is out exploring the bottom level. So Vienna Blue was right, I only needed one carrier

Upon bringing them home I have noticed that Tony seems to have horizontal nystagmus and sometimes when he’s sitting still his head seems to shift a little because of it, but I think I remember reading that nystagmus isn’t uncommon in red-eyed-whites. I might ring them this afternoon to ask about it and see if they noticed it before now, because I would hate for him to be coming down with a head tilt.

I also feel really bad because less than half an hour after them being home Dory squawked up a storm, really loud and harsh. I think she was a bit unsure of all the noises she could hear of them moving when she couldn’t see them. Poor bunnies, it quite scared them and Rosie started thumping.

More about them. They’re both about 1.5-2.5 years old. They’d been at the rescue since January 2015, Rosie was adopted at one point but was returned 6 months later after which they bonded her with Tony. They’re both going to need new names, and Tony needs a really good brush and a bit of weight loss, haha.

Long story short…, I GOT NEW BUNNIES, HERE’S SOME PICTURES!

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Congratulations, Azerane! I hope it all works out for you guys.

I can’t see the first picture, either.

• Jessica
      Participant
      161 posts Send Private Message

Royster looked like flopsy coloring but darker  and omg az congrats and yes the first picture isnt working on my end either.  but yay!!!

• Azerane

So far, Rosie has groomed Tony. Tony has chased Rosie around a little at times. Rosie’s been up onto the first step, Tony has been inside the cardboard hidey box. Tony has peed on the floor right next to the litter tray, Rosie ate a Burgess Excel pellet from my hand, they both played with the toilet paper tube toy and they’ve both had a nibble on hay

I want to call the lady about Tony’s nystagmus, but my husband is waiting for a call back so I have to wait until after that before asking her about it. I would hate for him to have an ear infection or E.c. Hopefully it’s just a genetic thing.

• LBJ10

OMG BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agh! I can’t fix the broken pictures. Not fair.

• LBJ10

Now are you sure you want to go with Rosie and Tony? You know, cause we could come up with some adorable names for you.

• jerseygirl

Yay! A REW! They are such lovely rabbits. Yay! A Pair! 

I’ll see if I can fix second pic for you. No promises!

With the eyes, it might be “scanning” you are seeing. Common with REWS. They move their heads slightly also.

• jerseygirl

Azerane, try save the pic without the “&” symbol then re upload to attachments. I think that might be what the problem is.

• LBJ10

I see what the problem is. The name of the file has “&” in it. BB doesn’t like “&” for some reason. It converts it to “& amp” within the html code.

• LBJ10

Haha! We posted at the same time JG!

• jerseygirl

Snap!

• jerseygirl

Oh! Azerane said Rosie is a ginger type. I think she should be called Gingersnap.

Heheh. It’s already started…

• jerseygirl

How would we go about waking MoxieM up LBJ??

• Azerane

Posted By jerseygirl on 7/30/2016 1:01 AM

Yay! A REW! They are such lovely rabbits. Yay! A Pair! 

I’ll see if I can fix second pic for you. No promises!

With the eyes, it might be “scanning” you are seeing. Common with REWS. They move their heads slightly also.

Yes! That must be it, I knew there was another word for it but I was struggling to get google results with nystagmus for REW. That seems to be exactly what he’s doing, his head sometimes sways side to side with it which is what made me think it was probably more just him that nystagmus from a tilt where the head should really only lean in one direction. Thanks

The first picture is fixed now.

Right now they’re just snoozing together on a fleece blanket. They are so cute!

Suggest away with names, no offense to the rescue but there’s no way I’m keeping Tony and Rosie, lol.

Maybe Rosie could wake them with thumping! She had a good go of it earlier when Dory was squawking.

• jerseygirl

Oh how sweet they are! She has aeroplane ears. : ) I love that.

ETA: What does your hubby think of them?

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 7/30/2016 1:33 AM

Suggest away with names, no offense to the rescue but there’s no way I’m keeping Tony and Rosie.

In keeping with all the bunny animations that are out in cinemas now – Zootopia and Secret Life of Pets – my name suggestions are:
      Lt. Judy Hopps for Rosie and Snowball for Tony.

• Azerane

She sure does, some times more than others but they are very cute

He likes them. He’s worried about his allergies with two instead of one, but I don’t think it’ll be much different. He’s a big animal lover too and Bandit helped him to like rabbits more so he already likes them and I know he’ll bond with them over time. He’s just not obsessed like I am

Also I’m really mad, I left the room for about 5 second and come back to see Tony all flopped out (so cute!) and I couldn’t get my camera ready fast enough before he righted himself a bit. Two bonded bunnies really is just adorable though, all the snuggling and grooming.

I don’t know what to do for names yet, I’m thinking maybe from astronomy, but trying some of those out I don’t know if they fit. So far I’ve considered Lyra and Janus. That’s as far as I’ve gotten

Edit: I had thought of Nick and Judy from Zootopia but I don’t know if I’m overly keen to go the well known character name route.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

ERMAGAH! They’re so CUTE! AZERANE!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE *breathes in paper bag*

Seriously. I’m so happy for you! A bonded pair!

So… how about Tristan and Isolde? Famous couple…

Other famous literary couples:

Jo and Laurie
      Wesley and Buttercup
      Claire and Jamie
      Estella and Pip
      Eowyn and Faramir

Just sayin’

• jerseygirl

Astronomy names sound good! I’ll have to google…  I remember a member here that had names of that theme. The boy was called Hubble. Cute!

I was thinking movie character names also, because of Dory. lol
      Well since you have a bird named after a fish, how about naming the bunnies after birds? Species or fictional bird characters names.

Then you just have to get a fish and name it Roger or something, 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

From the constellations, I like Lyra or Carina, and Orion or Perseus.

But I’m a nerd and still like the book couples better.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

OMG !! I’ve just got up and there’s a whole new 2 pages to read !!!
      We’ve got bunniieeeeeeeesssss !!!!

I understand Dory flapping for not understanding her instrusion and I understand Rosie for thumping as birds make uncontrolled flapping noises, especially if they’ve never heard that noise before. Thery’ll settle once they know that noise is not a threat. And yes slippery is not nice…

Congratulations Az, I knew you could do it !!

I actually like Rosie for a bunny name…. but yup, the name Tony has got to go.

– Rosie and ‘Jim’ !! lol
      – Rosie and Winston?
      – Hillary and Trump ! (current affairs!)
      – Alba (Latin for white)
      – Matt (for Matt le BLANC!)
      – River (for white river!)
      – Storm (snowstorm, can you see where I’m going with these…)
      – “K” (for Karat for White Karat Gold but you couldn’t call him karat or people would think you named your bun “Carrot” !!)
      – Charlie (no reason, I just like it!)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

@Azerane – “I spy with my little eye something beginning with R&T in your first very original photos of Royster starting this thread….” ???
      Am I right or am I wrong?? Clue – photos n°2 and n°4
      Is this subconscious fate or… am I completely wrong…… hmmmm

• Azerane

Lol, nice catch on the photos but it’s not them. The white bunn is a lop, just someone else’s bunnies who happen to be similar colours

Thanks for all the name suggestions. Rosie is a nice name, you’re right, but I’m not sure I want to keep it for her. Plus there’s a bunch of people on youtube with rabbits called Rosie which makes me shy away from the name. Alba is a nice suggestion, feels more feminine to me though.

I can’t believe they’re both laying on the fleece blanket, Bandit would never lay on fleece if he had a choice What weird bunnies, lol.

Another post edit: Driving home, husband says to me “I’m surprised you went with them because I know you’re not a fan of white bunnies with red eyes” and all I could think to say was that it just felt right to bring them home. He was right I was never really a fan but there was just something about Tony, perhaps it was the name, lol.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Or your warm up sessions with Sterling…..

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

So what’s the scanning thingy with red eyed wabs?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

OK word association by oneself is sad but maybe productive….

Shiniest stars
      North star
      Pole star
      Poldark
      Polar bear
      Coca Cola
      Pepsi
      Milky Way
      Snickers
      Mars
      Jupiter, Jupy
      Pluto !
      Mickey
      Mouse
      Mousse
      Chocolate
      Yummy
      Tummy
      Belly
      Jelly
      Tots

It’s gone silly – see you later

• jerseygirl

Albus also means white.
      Albus and Birdie? I keep thinking birdie for her because of those ears. And it’s a cute name.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It’s gonna be a confusing household !!

JG – “Birdie”?
      Dory -‘Yes mistress’
      JG – “No not you bird, I’m calling Birdie”
      Dory – But i’m the bird !
      JG – Yes but the bunny’s name is Bird, you’re a fish……

Albus makes me think of an old man, Albert. Or Albumen…
      Alban?

• Azerane

Both Alba and Albus just make me think of Dumbledore.

Perhaps Nova for the boy, since it’s related to white dwarf stars. He’s no dwarf but he’s dense like a white dwarf is, lol.

Also I’m not exactly sure on the scanning thing, I think it’s genetic. I thappens in some dark-eyed bunnies too, but I think their eyes scan back and forth to try and focus on something or get a better look at it. Which results in the head swaying sometimes. At least that’s what I’m reading about it.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

A Vauxhall Nova was my first car – . Well Mum’s, but still….
      It was called Begonia (reg plate was BGN). Or did we have Siegfried first? (SGF!) Dad bought a new one EXACTLY the same colour and thought we wouldn’t notice….

All our cars were named or had sayings depending on the reg plate. We had VGC (Very Good Car) followed by RGC (Really Good Car!!) LOL
      Can’t remember what I need to buy at the shops today, but I can remember those !!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

How about Zazu ? The ‘bird’ from the Lion King. Seeing as you have a bird with a fish name…

• jerseygirl

Zazu sounds cute!

Nova is a good bunny name. : ) Maybe pair with Lacaille? Pronounced La-KA-ya or La-Ky-ah though im guessing most people are going to say “La carly” or La kaylee”. Anyway, it’s a red dwarf star. No, not from the tv show if anyone is thinking that.

Fun fact: on this day (july 30) in 1971, Apollo 15 landed their lunar module on the moon.

• Hazel
      Participant
      2105 posts Send Private Message

Aww, they’re adorable! Congrats Azerane! I’ll try to think of some names… We need more pictures!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’M UP, I’M UP!! DON’T START WITHOUT ME!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

They’re sooooo adorable! I wasn’t disappointed when I got up.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Here are some girl names:
      Lillith (Lily for a nick name)
      Daisy
      Autumn
      Winter
      Pigeon
      Juliet
      Rose
      Belle

Boy names:
      Romeo
      Jack Sparrow (Jack or Sparrow for short)
      Carl

You could also do a princess and prince combo like
      Belle & Beast
      Jasmine & Aladdin
      Ariel and (Prince) Eric

• LBJ10

Oh dear, what did I wake up to?

There Moxie goes with “Pigeon” again.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

One day LBJ, One day…

• LBJ10

What about Finn? He looks like a Finn.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I had a flash in the car this afternoon – no not a speed camera flash, a brain flash – (I had to slow down it shocked me so….)
      Tony is white, what is white? Snow, what does snow do when it gets warmer….?

THOR !!! I think he is MOST definitely a THOR !!!

There! I won’t get any better than that!

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Vienna, I can’t believe you just said that because that is EXACTLY how I named my Thor: with a brain flash. We were coming home from the rescue and I was in my car. Bunny was on the passenger seat, and I looked at him and thought “Loki” was too harsh, for after all, my bunny is not the devil himself, but when I looked at my black furball, I instantly thought, “Thor”. And that’s how I named my bunny.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 7/30/2016 6:22 AM

Perhaps Nova for the boy, since it’s related to white dwarf stars. He’s no dwarf but he’s dense like a white dwarf is, lol.

In Planet of The Apes (1968) – one of my all time favourite movies – the female lead was called Nova, so I vote it as a girls name. I also like Zazu for the boy. Was it Jerseygirl who suggested, “Hubble”?
      I think quirky names with personality-like connotations are cute. I love movies, so maybe you could pull a name from the original “Men In Black”, since there are astronomy/ alien references in there, like Orion, which people have also mentioned.

Edit:

Okay, just looked online and Men In Black has nothing. Forget I mentioned it!

I have an small astronomy book on my dresser, so here goes:

Larissa (Neptune’s 3rd moon)
      Triton
      Aphelion (Pluto’s most distant point)
      Charon (Pluto’s largest moon)

Nix
      Hydra
      Styx
      Kerberos
      (The above 4 ^^ are more moons of Pluto)

Chiron (large asteroid)
      Random name – Dynamo

Oberon
      Titania
      (The above ^^ are Uranus’ brightest moons)

Maybe you could name one of the rabits after a satellite, since they sorta “periscope” like a bunny would.

• LBJ10

How about Roisin for the girl? A beautiful Gaelic name for a beautiful girl.

So Roisin and Finn. Yep, that sounds like a good combination. Or Roisin and Orion. Hmm… equally good combination there.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant
      4482 posts Send Private Message

This naming thread is surprisingly calm….What’s up with you guys?
      What precious bunnies! Exciting!

• Hazel
      Participant
      2105 posts Send Private Message

Since you already have Dory, you could stick with the “Finding Nemo” theme and call them Marlin and Coral (Nemo’s parents). Sorry, that’s the best I’ve come up with so far…

• Azerane

I just love the name associations that you guys are coming up with, they’re awesome.

This morning I was looking at Rosie and thought that she had beautiful big doe eyes (deer doe, not bunny doe) so thought she could be called Bambi, which is a good name, but still doesn’t fit  For a bunny that’s supposed to be shy, she’s really very curious and will come up and sniff me and lets me pet her. When they are scared though, they seem to do things together. After they first arrived and were in the carrier, Tony didn’t leave it until Rosie did. Then when they were hunkered in the litter tray for half an hour, once Tony hopped out, Rosie was also out within 30 seconds.

Also when I got up this morning, they were grooming each other (never gonna get tired of seeing that). They still haven’t discovered that there’s a second level to the condo and they’ve partly shared half a tablespoon of burgess pellets. No pee messes overnight either which is great, only that first one from Tony yesterday and that’s it.

Here’s some more pictures from yesterday, it’s a bit dark here this morning to get good ones yet today.

ETA: Going off of Jersey’s comment from yesterday, about the Apollo landing, he could be named Apollo, and her Luna. Another option is Sirius B (not Sirius Black from HP) but from Sirius B (a white dwarf star) which could turn into the fun nickname of Serious Bunny. That or just plain Sirius, which I’m reading is the brightest star in the night sky.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Faline was Bambi’s girlfriend/wife/mate whatever you wanna call it’s name.

I vote Lillith or Faline.

They could be Faline and Bambi! (Bambi IS a boy name!)

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

I started watching Apollo 13 last night. I think it’s a sign, Azerane

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

*chants* Faline! Faline! Faline! Or Lilith! Lilith! Lilith!
      *Chants again* Bambi! Jack! Bambi! Jack!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

You even said she had big, beautiful for eyes, Faline or Lilith would be very fitting.

• Azerane

Just when I thought Tony was top bun because he’s given the odd chase at Rosie and she did most of the grooming yesterday, Rosie goes and humps him then demands to be groomed. Tony complies before stretching out for a nap. Is it safe to assume that this sort of behaviour is normal in a new environment?

I’ve added the play pen onto the front of the cage today, I got a few little binkies from Tony and they’ve been very inquisitive. I also just picked them up and took them outside to brush them. They were less than impressed. Tony so far seems to be a fairly chill bunn with a bit of attitude. Rosie is curious, a bit more on edge and loves to chew!

They’ve been spooked by Dory a couple of times from the noise she makes, but they bounce back pretty quick. I’m also pretty sure it’s Rosie that has some mushy poops, but I think she did eat Tony’s share of the half tablespoon of pellets this morning. Which is probably why, will have to just introduce them slower.

Gotta go get my camera, it seems to be binky time right now.

• LBJ10

Totally normal.

It sounds like little Roisin is showing him who’s boss.

• Hopper
      Participant
      158 posts Send Private Message

Yay! Finally! Congrats =:3 They are ADORABLE!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I give up. Apparently no one here appreciates a good literary power couple, preferring instead to spend their time with head in the sky. Pffft…

• LBJ10

Lalalalala! I can’t hear you!!

Now, as for Roisin, I think we’ll call her Ro for short. How adorable is that?

• Jessica
      Participant

hmm, thinking of a few but idk if you wanna try any of mine lol. was thinking like zeus and hera, coco and coconut,  spirit and rain. rose and clover. 

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 7/30/2016 10:41 PM
      I give up. Apparently no one here appreciates a good literary power couple, preferring instead to spend their time with head in the sky. Pffft…

Q8, I loved your suggestions! I was all ooh-ing and ah-ing over “Tristan & Isolde” and “Kip & Estella”, and there was another, too!

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

I just checked again – I LOVED Christian Bale as Laurie, and all LOTR’s names. I almost named Crysta, “Galadriel”.

• jerseygirl

Posted By Q8bunny on 7/30/2016 10:41 PM

Haha!.. Well I also liked Tristan and Isolde. 

@Love4Bunny, I thought Orion was a MIB reference too!  I thought there was a cat named Orion.

Re Hubble, I was just saying about a member here who had a rabbit named Hubble. She also had Nova and Eclipse. 

I also like Faline. It sounds like it fits her personality.  If Rosie had blue eyes from the vienna gene, it would be an even better fit. 

This morning I was looking at Rosie and thought that she had beautiful big doe eyes (deer doe, not bunny doe)

The white fur around the eyes makes them stand out even more. I love that about Rumballs eyes (he’s chestnut agouti).  Does she have a white belly? Her colouring reminds me of lynx palomino. (If thats a colour that appears in other rabbit breeds. I had thought palomino does..)

You’re referring to them as Tony and Rosie a lot. Careful the names don’t stick!     So…after one night & one day, are you keeping them?

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Yes, Jerseygirl. It was also a reference to “Orion’s Belt”, and in the movie, I think it was a tiny planet, hanging from the cats collar.

I agree! Rosie and Tony might become permanent names.

• jerseygirl

Been a long time since I’ve seen it! ^

Hazel, Marlin and Coral sounds cute!

• Azerane

Tony and Rosie just seems better than referring to them as the white one and the brown one There’s a chance Rosie may stick, but there’s no way Tony’s staying, lol.

There is a cat in MIB called Orion, it’s the cat belonging to the Arquillian prince. The galaxy is on his (the cat’s) belt

I don’t like the name Faline Just to be difficult. There is a doe in the book Firebringer called Eloine though, which is a nice name. For some reason the name Rueben also popped into my head for the boy. In which case Rueben and Rosie has a nice ring to it. But I still don’t know what to choose, haha.

Someone mentioned the name Finn or Finnick. I do like that name and it has been on the back of my mind for several months as a good pet name. I think Finnick from the Hunger Games series if people have read/watched it. I’m just not sure it fits him either.

Boy am I indecisive, lol.

As a side note, I took lots of pictures and videos today, however I can’t show you any because we had to do a reset of my laptop to fix a bug with the screen turning off. Which means now all the programs have to be reinstalled, which means no pic or video editing Such a shame because I got a really great image of Rosie and some neat footage of Tony doing binkies.

• Roberta
      Participant
      4355 posts Send Private Message

Orions belt is a constellation, a gathering of stars. All within the Milky Way, our solar system. In the movie MIB it referred to a galaxy hidden within the pendant on Orion’s (the cat’s) collar. A Nova is an exploding star, hence my rescue baby’s name as she is a cataclysmic event if not monitored, in fact even if monitored she is a cataclysmic event if you aren’t fast on your feet. Pic is Nova.

• jerseygirl

You could called him Bennett. Tony Bennett, drop the Tony. lol

I really like the name Reuben . I thought about calling Tim Tim Roobun – pronounced Reuben. But it turned out the silliest name(TimTim) is what stuck.
      Finn is a great name too. Finnegan also but that sends me off into the song Michael Finnegan. lol.
      Eloine is pretty!

Sorry to hear about the laptop. Look at it this way, it allows you more time to take more video.

• jerseygirl

Aw! Its nice to meet one of your new babies Roberta! Love the reason for her name!!

• jerseygirl

How about Qantas for Rosie, Azerane? Lol.  Those ears…. I love ’em

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

@Roberta – I loved the twist at the end of MIB. Nova looks so cuddly.
      Edit: I just saw you had a bunny named Nermal. Was he by any chance named after Garfield’s nemesis?

@JG & Azerane – I love The Hunger Games trilogy, as well as Finnick Odairs (spelling?) character, but I do understand what Azerane means by it suiting Tony. I initially thought of Oberon as being a good name because he’s white, and Oberon is very bright, an you could nickname him Obe, or Obi. But that makes me think of Obi Wan.

I just saw X-Men: Apocalypse this evening. Maybe there is a good name for both in there…

• Azerane

I had thought of asking my husband to think of aeroplane related names for Rosie, given her ears. He’s big on war stuff and fighter planes etc, there must be a cool name there somewhere too

• jerseygirl

Piper !
      I was thinking of that one yesterday in relation to birds, but just found it has a plane connection.

ETA: omg, it sort of has an indirect connection to Finding Dory also. Pixar made a short film named Piper, before Finding Dory. 

• jerseygirl

Aaaaand now I’ve gone of on a whole different tangent with Pixars Planes movie characters. Ishani, Rochelle…

• jerseygirl

Or there is Amelia Earhart. : )

Okay…Im stepping away from this thread for a bit. We’ll see how long that lasts!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

What? You’re insane.

What about Larka then? It was the name of a female wolf in a good book I read.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 7/31/2016 4:58 AM
      I had thought of asking my husband to think of aeroplane related names for Rosie, given her ears. He’s big on war stuff and fighter planes etc, there must be a cool name there somewhere too

Amelia EARhart!! Geddit?!

• Bam

Amelia Earhart is a splendid name! But what about the boy? Charles Lindbergh? The Red Baron? Maverick? Ice Man?

• Azerane

If only he was red! The Red Baron would be an awesome name

For now Rueben seems to be sticking a bit, but I may have to change something to suit if Earhart sticks. I can’t call her just Amelia because it’s my niece’s name.

Somebunny peed outside the litter tray overnight, and lots of poops! These two aren’t exactly tidy bunns. Complete opposite of Bandit in some regards. He hardly used his cardboard box hidey and barely touched it. In two days these two have shifted it all around the place and gone to town chewing on it and renovating. Rosie in particular. I’ve been calling her Rosie the Renovator

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Azerane, here are a few names my hubby suggested from the link I’m gonna attach:

Cyndi Lop-ear
      Jon Bun-Jovi
      Sean Bunnery
      Hop-tamus Prime
      Scarlet O’Hare

http://bunyaboy.blogspot.com/2013/05/bunny-names.html?m=1

And in the spirit of Aviation, I give you “Howard Huge-Ears”.

• LBJ10

No no no! You can’t name him after a sandwich!!!!

Finn is definitely a good fit for him. He’s white and Finn means white. Plus, if you like Star Wars, Finn is the name of the stormtrooper in The Force Awakens. =D

I do like Amelia for the girl. That’s a really nice name.

• LittlePuffyTail

What a beautiful pair of bunnies!!! A gorgeous REW and the little white spot on that nose is just too adorable!!!

And for what it’s worth, Amelia Earhart is the absolute greatest name I’ve EVER heard!!!!

• LBJ10

You can call her Meeley as a nickname.

Yep, Amelia and Finn has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

That’s a cute combo, LBJ10. Kinda like Phinneas & Ferb. Rolls off the tongue.

Finnair is the name of Finland’s largest airline, so… there you go.

Other nicknames can be: Lia, Millie, Mia, Mimi.

• Bam

The Red-Eyed Baron?  I like Howard Huge-Ears though. 

• Azerane

Who’s naming them after a sandwhich? I missed that one….

I like the Red-Eyed-Baron, Ree-Ree or Rey-rey or Bazza for short, lol. Perhaps not, not really any good nicknames there.

I agree that Amelia Earhart is a fantastic name, just because of my niece it’s a bit weird though We’ll see, I’m still undecided.

Hoptimus Prime is also awesome, but I think we had a new member recently who’s bunny had that name

The problem with two bunns… I have no idea who peed/pooped outside the litter tray, I have no idea who’s had the odd squishy poop. I think Mr Bunn might be the one missing the tray, but I’m guessing.

• jerseygirl

Reuben is name of an American sandwich. ; )

You might have to upsize the litterbox. Though it is a really nice one you have. If that is the issue, perhaps the current one can be a secondary box when they are out and about?

I know some people have super neat pairs, but mine have never been as neat as my single bun. Im a multi bunny household though, so that probably comes into play. You might just be seeing this while they settle in.

• Azerane

Ahh, well that explains it. Weird name for a sandwhich

I had thought the litter box may be too small. I’m determined to try and fix their habits first though, I love this litter box way too much to just get rid of it and I’ve not seen the sieve style in anything much bigger. I’m thinking they could be messy from their foster home since I don’t think their cage was terribly big. I’ve tried something different this afternoon and moved the hay to the back of the box by the wall of the condo instead of at the front. Bandit always liked to have his butt in the back corner so that’s just the way I arranged it, but I noticed these two just eat and poop while sitting outside the box, so by moving the hay to the back they have to jump into the box to have easier access. I’m hoping it will help a little. Now I just need to find out who’s the one leaving the pee, I get the feeling it may be Mr Bunbun making all the mess, but I could be wrong.

A change of environment and food probably isn’t helping either so I’ll give it a few weeks before giving up hope on my favourite litter box. Otherwise it’s probably onto the storage tub solution for a bigger size.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’ve got THE name now… I’ve really got it !! Are you ready.its come from one of my fave films of all time…. It’s for kids (and big kids)…. it stars a little boy who reads in an attic…. a dream story or reality? It has horse and tortoises in hills and a racing snail…. have you got it….and its got a flying Dragon….a WHITE flying dragon who has got the kindest face and voice and saves the little boy.

His name is Falkor !!!!

Rosie and Falkor !!! Brilliant !!

• Azerane

Falkor, now there’s a name Seeing that he’s white, I could also call him Abominable

The pee culprit is definitely Mr Bunbun, I saw him do it. I let them out into the playpen while I’m using my laptop and eating breakfast before work. He’s out and about, chewing on his seagrass mat, next minute he turns around on it and lifts his tail and I know exactly what’s going to happen. Then he pees. At least it was only a very small pee. I had been super proud though because apart from two uneaten cecals, there was no mess in the cage this morning So much for that.

Have I mentioned how cute they are?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

If anyone’s missing the toilet – it’s usually the guys !!!

• LBJ10

You don’t have Reubens in Australia? They are extremely popular here. It has corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut on it. Some friends of my husband’s parents love Reubens so much, it’s ridiculous. They will order one where they go and critique them. o_O

Anyway, Finn is most definitely not a sandwich.

• jerseygirl

I wonder if the seagrass mat is the issue, Azerane. I can give it to my pairs on the floor. They’ll pee on it. So I attach them to pen panels or on the ramps.

• Azerane

Well they only have access to the seagrass mat during out of cage time. And that’s the first time there’s been a pee accident during play time. All other pees have been on the lino.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: Did you ever get your lodger to aim better in the wc? lol

• LBJ10

Well maybe Finn just likes peeing on seagrass mats, did you ever think of that? :p

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Azerane, do you think it’s possible Buddy Boy could be trying to claim it cos it’s the only thing they have outside their space? Hence the pee. Just a guess. That, or it could be the bunny equivalent of a fluffy toilet seat

• Azerane

Well it’s the only pee on the seagrass mat so far, out of at least 5 or 6 pees outside the box. (I found 3 outside the box after work today, possibly some from last night and when I cleaned out the box there had been 3-4 pees inside the box). I’ve rearranged the litter box again, I’ve only got litter inside the box so that there’s more room and the hay is in a basket between the box and the wall of the cage. Seems to be going well so far, both have sat in the box to munch hay and poop.

But Love4Bunny you could be right, Mr BunBun, Apollo, Rueben, Thor, Falkor could just be marking his territory about the place. I had to change their fleece blanket already because it was so stinky, lol. All that being said, better a few missed litter box incidents than sick bunnies. So it’s really not a bad thing to deal with, just takes a bit more time to clean up

Day 4 and they still haven’t discovered the upper level either

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – have you put yummy scrummy bits of smelly treats up there…. that’s what I had to do to get Zou to jump up through the vertical hole (how can a hole be vertical, it’s nothing!) onto 3rd floor !!

Q8 – I wrapped a bit of kitchen towel around the base and after a few days it was gone – so either he got the message, or peed on it and had to get rid of it – no other accidents to report… he doesn’t know how to wash up properly (ie it’s still dirty when its dry!…) he’s a 30 yr old teenager….

• Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      1988 posts Send Private Message

Yay, congrats on the new bunnies! How about Rosie and Sam? Sam being the shy and loyal hobbit, and Rosie the cheery cheeky girl who stole his heart.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: Brilliantly diplomatic… Too bad some men never grow up – they simply “ripen” with age.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Or maybe he was sleepy and let slip a bit….

• Jessica
      Participant

Or he’s still getting use to where his litter tray is. Flopsy is for the most part potty trained. I haven’t had a pee issue but she does have moments of leaving poos on her blanket :p. Think the best names I came up with for bonded buns for m/f paring is Zeus and Hera heh. I suck badly at group names. I had 3 male hamsters one and named them moe, Larry and curly :p

• Azerane

I think Mr Bunbun is just lazy. He much prefers to sit next to the tray to eat hay and poop. Whereas Miss Bunn will always hop into the tray.

Overnight, a couple more squished cecal poops, but definitely no stray pee! They both eagerly ate the 5 burgess pellets I offered each of them this morning too.

And I still have no idea what I’m going to call them

ETA: Funny story. About 3 weeks or so ago I e-mailed our rental agent about getting a rabbit. We’d already spoken about it before in January after Bandit had passed, but I thought I’d better run it by her again just in case. Weeks pass and I didn’t get a reply, and as you know I adopted bunnies on the weekend. Yesterday at work she happened to be in and came over to tell me that it would be ok for me to get a rabbit. Lol, well that’s a relief. I just figured since I didn’t get a reply that all was good. I didn’t however correct her and mention there were two rabbits… 

• LBJ10

Don’t be silly, you KNOW their names are Finn and Amelia.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Lol

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Err Jessica – I was talking about my lodger, not Falkor….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

ROTFL

• Azerane

That’s two nights in a row now Mr Bunbun has has been mean to Miss Bunn. Yesterday I think it started when she humped him, he wasn’t pleased about it and chased her around, trying to nip her and managed to pull out some fur. Shortly after which they were cuddle bunnies again. Then tonight I’m not sure what started it but he started chasing her around again and trying to nip at her. Then 2 minutes later he’s running around doing binkies. But if she gets to close he starts chasing again. And yet in half an hour they’ll probably be best buddies again. I thought that she was the boss because she’s the only one I’ve seen humping, but Mr Bunbun is pretty bossy and seems so mean at these times. You guys are right, I’m so glad I’m not the one doing the bonding, because this is stressing me out, haha. I just hate that it only seems to happen around 8pm which is a little before I go to bed so then I can’t watch them for a long time to make sure they’re ok.

What level of naughty bunns should I tolerate? In most cases it’s over before I can get to them and stop them chasing, but him puling her fur yesterday quite concerned me. Really hoping they sort things out sooner rather than later, silly bunnies.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Is it because they have more space…..? More area to reclaim as their own… how much space did they have before? And even on the first few days you brought them home…? Maybe reduce their space?
      Sorry, I have no idea – clutching at straws…

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

That was part of my issue with Thor and Crysta – too much space (and this was toward the end of the cementing period, also). So annoying. I wonder if you’ll also have to do some bathtub sessions soon, just so they can make nice till they figure it out. Food aggression was/ is one of the issues I still have problems with if I get too relaxed and don’t get Thor’s attention first. Then he starts to think Crysta is getting something he isn’t, and all the yelling in the world doesn’t stop them once he gives chase. If they get pellets at EXACTLY the same time, we’re golden, and there is peace in the hood! Preventative measures are the best in those instances.

• Azerane

Hmm, space could be an issue, I had wondered that myself. I don’t think they would have had very much before. They seem to be fine all other times of the day when they have access to the playpen, just around 8pm. Maybe if I shut the cage door well in advance and see if that makes a difference. Not that I think it will because the chasing has started both in and out of the cage. Since I’ve been feeding small amounts of pellets and greens by hand, I have been feeding them at exactly the same time.

I’d hate to not give them access to the playpen at all, but I will close it earlier tonight in hopes that it helps, maybe an hour before scuffling time. Thanks guys

• LBJ10

I think it’s normal, especially since they have suddenly found themselves in this new, larger environment. I agree, perhaps some stressing is in order to remind them that they have each other.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’m too lazy to read everything I missed. Have we picked names yet?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yes. Albert & Victoria.

• jerseygirl

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

That wasn’t on your list, Q8!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Not my fault Az liked those names.

• Azerane

lol, nice try Q8

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I am so confused ha ha! So are there names or not?

• LBJ10

Yes, Moxie. They are Finn and Amelia. And those ARE their names. Nice try Q8, nice try indeed.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So no names have been picked, huh?

• LBJ10

No, I’m dead serious. Finn and Amelia. Isn’t that a lovely combination?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Albert & Victoria ROFL – not bad !
      Moxie – you can trust me…. Az has said that “Rosie” is sticking after all and her husbun is “Falkor” (big white flying dragon from The Never Ending Story)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’m so confused, IDK who to trust for sure.
      AZ, come clear this up!

• LBJ10

Azerane’s silence means she is confirming what I said. It’s Finn and Amelia.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

She’s only silent because she’s busy monogramming Albert & Victoria on the buns’ new fleece blankets.

• Azerane

I come to Binky Bunny for my daily laughs! Lol, this thread is classic

@Moxie, I haven’t chosen names yet. I’m too indecisive.

I bought a digital scale today and weighed both bunnies. Mr BunBun surprised me, I knew he was overweight, but he’s physically smaller than Bandit was so I didn’t expect him to weigh more. He weighs 3531 grams (7.78 pounds), and Miss Bunn weighed in at 2798 grams (6.16 pounds). I’m sure Mr BunBun has already lost a tiny bit since arriving. I’m told he was eating the litter in the pan which is probably why he’s a little chunky. Mr BunBun also barely fit in the bowl I used for the weigh ins too, haha. I should have taken a picture. I was thanked by Miss Bunn with a nip to my arm while putting her back and a thump after I put her down. No appreciation for anything I do

And I’m pleased to say that since yesterday afternoon there have been no pee accidents.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Yes, we need pics of Mr BunBun on the scale And Hooray! for good toilet habits. It’s so nice not to have new stuff ruined by annoying litter box habits.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yay! That must mean they’re settling in, chub and all.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Az – great news ! Do you think it’s because you reduced their space ?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Okay.

• Azerane

I didn’t really reduce their space, I only closed them in their condo earlier to prevent a marital tiff (which didn’t work). But they seem to be getting less aggressive with that.

Had an interesting morning this morning. No pee outside the box (that’s almost two whole days now), no cecal poops left laying around to get stepped on either, hooray! But, ALL the hay was pulled out of the hay rack, half of it was in the water bowl and the hay rack was half way across the cage, lol. So they had a fun night

• LBJ10

That’s normal Azerane!

I’m glad there are no more pees and poops from Finn and Amelia. And yes, Moxie, those are their names. Pay no attention to Q8 and Vienna.

• Jessica
      Participant

Hehe, but I’m glad they’re doing fine. Hopefully the martial tiffs stop, could it be they their in a new environment and it threw off their bond abit? It’s what I was thinking cause I’ve heard of that happening when people move and their pair is a bit stressed from the move.

• jerseygirl

I didn’t really reduce their space, I only closed them in their condo earlier to prevent a marital tiff (which didn’t work). But they seem to be getting less aggressive with that.

Did this one happen at same time of night?
      Do you turns lights off around this time? You mentioned Mr BunBun is the aggressor, just wondered if anything to do with eyesight.

• Azerane

Around the same time, though a little earlier. The lights are still on at this stage. Today they had a tiff during the day though so I’d rule out that theory. I think it’s just the time of day, they seem to get a bit more active around that time so it tends to lead to more arguments when they’re both being busy. They’re doing good though, just the once, sometimes twice daily humping/chasing thing. All other times they’re absolute snuggle bunnies, except for when Miss Bunn stole Mr BunBuns dandelion flower half after eating her own today. He looked so sad…

Both are getting better at eating hay and I’m seeing a huge improvement to their regular poops as well, they’ve increased in size and become more uniform. There’s still some smaller ones but I don’t know if it’s just from one bunn or both of them with a few irregularities still from the move/previous home. I’m more inclined to think that if it’s one of them it’s Mr BunBun, since I did catch him eating the litter earlier today.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

That’s good.

*Cough* *Cough* Team Pigeon.

• jerseygirl

Haha Mox. I see what you did.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

What? I have no idea what you are talking about.

• jerseygirl

# I’m with Pigeon

• Azerane

Ok, so I think I’m narrowing it down some. Dear husband is no help but here’s what I’m thinking as options.

Him: Apollo, in which case I would likely name her Luna as a sort of couple name. From Jersey’s suggestion based on the date of the Apollo 15 landing and their gotcha day, Luna seems a perfect addition to that name because it’s the shuttle and the moon.
      Him: Atlas or Altair, her Lyra. Both Atlas and Altair are strong names which I think suit him, he’s a sweet personality, but he’s just this sturdy bunn that doesn’t seem phased by anything. Atlas being one of Saturn’s moon, or Altair being a star in the Aquila constellation.

Pigeon is cute, but what would I call him?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Well, if you wanted to stick with the animal names you could call him “Bear” or “Falcon”? That would be adorable.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Just imagine “Pigeon and Bear” or “Falcon and Pigeon”? Huh huh?

• jerseygirl

Pee Wee !  Pigeon and Pee Wee. 

Because it’s bird related, of course. 

I think we just need to see more pictures to really help you narrow down suitable names. 

• LBJ10

Pee Wee? ROFL!!!

Azerane – If you want a STRONG name, then go with Finn.

• Azerane

Lol, you guys are no help either!

And I know I need to put up more pictures. Hubby recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop and it didn’t install properly which caused issues with the screen. Because of that he had to refresh the system, saved all the files but deleted all the programs. Now I’m waiting for him to reinstall Photoshop and Pinnacle (my video editor) for me. I could probably manage it myself, but I get too worried about stuffing things up. Hopefully today that will get sorted then I can get some of my photos off of my DSLR up. I do have an absolutely gorgeous one of Luna

@LBJ10, do you have a problem with one of our Australian birds having the nickname Pee Wee?

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Luna… hmmm. Does this mean somebunny is offically named “Apollo”??

• LBJ10

Um…. no. I just keep having visions of Pee Wee Herman. Hehehehehe!

• Azerane

Ahh, lol. Fair enough, I forgot about him

And I feel like Apollo and Luna are sticking, so consider them officially named!

Here’s a pic of each of them, not such a great one of Apollo, but such a great one of Luna I couldn’t get a png file small enough to upload, but saving it as a jpeg for on here ruined the colour

• Q8bunny
      Participant

WOOO! Love the names. And the piccies are booteeful, ruined colours and all. *binky*

• jerseygirl

Oh So Cute !!! Look at those faces. <3
      Welcome Apollo and Luna !

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

Luna looks very regal there! I wonder will she turn out to be a harry potter fan!!

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Yay, names and gorgeous pics. Apollo will have his moment in the spotlight, I’m sure. You’ve captured a perfect “inquisitive bunny” shot, Azerane.

• Azerane

Thanks everyone Trying out the other names I just kept coming back to Apollo and Luna She already has a nickname too which is Luna Bug

I’m so glad they love sleeping on the fleece too, it catches so much of Apollo’s fur that he’s shedding. I need to brush him again, the brush that worked so well on Bandit doesn’t work as well on him, so I may have to try the slicker.

• Bam

Welcome Apollo and Luna!!!

• Bam

Welcome Apollo and Luna!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Named ? Well, thank GOODNESS for that !!!

• LBJ10

Don’t be silly Vienna. Azerane will come to her senses once she realizes Finn is the perfect name.

• LBJ10

I’m just gonna leave this here. Mwhahahahahahaha!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Azerane

Wow! Hi Finn!!! You must be Apollo’s long lost brother!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh my goodness, Pigeon and her Husbun are too adorable.
      Welcome!

• LBJ10

Amelia. Her name is Amelia.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

I liked Amelia too. That’s such a cute name, which is why Azerane’s niece has that name, I guess.

• Azerane

When does it end!??!!

Today, in the misadventures of Apollo and Luna: Bad bunnies were bad today. After work I found two pees outside the litter tray. Then after cleaning that up I took Apollo outside to be brushed. Brought him back in and took the fleece out to shake it off and clean off fur. While I was out there somebunny peed outside the cage! Probably Apollo, probably because I cleaned up his other pee messes and picked him up, twice! Oh the travesty!

In other news, I scared them senseless with the vacuum cleaner today. Poor bunnies. They’re all good now, lounging around on a clean fleece. Apollo has his hind legs stuck out straight back

• Jessica
      Participant

Apollo and Luna are adorable, Azerane. I just wanna pet them all day.  again welcome Apollo and Luna 

• Azerane

They are just too cute! Admittedly I’ve been running a few minutes late several days to work since I got them because I spend too much time petting them in the morning

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Gosh, do I know that feeling, Azerane! I sometimes bury my face in between their backs as they huddle together for brekky. It’s just the most calming thing you can do, hahaha.

• jerseygirl

Somebunny doesn’t like standing on the litter perhaps?
      What did they have at foster house?

• Azerane

They were using layer pellets, cheap I suppose. Which is the reason he’s overweight because he was eating them, lol. But it means they’re used to the hard surface. They definitely love soft things though (almost always on the fleece if they’re in the cage). It’s just strange that he started using it so well and then just had a really bad day. It’s still early days I suppose.

In good news, since I’ve started putting hay almost everywhere, his poops have increased in size quite dramatically so it’s doing the trick in that regard I wonder whether distributing the hay more could have caused the pee issues too though since he didn’t have to hop in the tray to eat. I’ll just keep working at it, maybe he just had a bad day. I’m looking forward to later this week when I can weigh him again and see if he’s lost anything.

• jerseygirl

When I first bought Rumball home, he was extra chubby. He did lose some but it was more obvious in his body form then on the scales. He lost the big pillow (dewlap) he had and generally looked more toned. You might notice changes like that with Apollo. Rumball stayed on the big side though. It wasn’t until he reached age 6 or 7 that weight came off more.

• Azerane

The weekly weigh-in results are in

Apollo 3399 grams, down from 3531 grams last week for a total loss of 132 grams. I think that’s a pretty healthy loss. He probably doesn’t need to lose much more, just a bit of toning up. Which he’s certainly getting from all his binkies. It may not seem like much, but I’m pretty sure I can feel the difference when I pet him already.

Luna 2721 grams, down from 2798 grams last week, total loss of 77grams. She didn’t need to lose weight, but it’s probably the decrease in pellets since they’re not getting much and she’s likely expending more energy with space to run around. I imagine things will stable out given a bit of time.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Posted By Love4Bunny on 8/09/2016 1:33 AM
      Gosh, do I know that feeling, Azerane! I sometimes bury my face in between their backs as they huddle together for brekky. It’s just the most calming thing you can do, hahaha.

I do that too. I smoosh my face in the nape of Chewie’s neck, right behind his ears, and it feels like brain yoga. Sooo relaxing.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Oh, that is the softest spot of fur on my rabbit! It’s like baby-fine hair that feels like a wisp of super-soft fairy floss, haha. Or candy floss. Lol, we are so weird, Q8. But it’s an AWESOME weird!!!

Azerane, I just watched a video of the Buns, and I LOVED seeing Apollo binky. He just doesn’t stop. He looks like such a regal white rabbit. Luna is a doll. Where did you get the big mat from? I need a massive one, but for my bunnies to chew on. The sturdier the better. Luna probably doesn’t chew on yours like Crysta does with mats. Crysta is the absolute worst for chewing. I think bunnies are so cute because they have to be to get people to put up with all that destruction.

• Azerane

Thanks so much Yes, he sometimes does so many binkies, it’s the greatest thing to watch He also did a big dead bunny flop the first day he was here. Just yesterday he nearly rolled right over when he flopped

I got the floor rug (assuming that’s what you mean) from a Bunnings store (hardward/home improvement store like home depot). It’s a flat weave rug so the fibres don’t stick up, Luna still chews it when she thinks I’m not paying attention. Haha you’re right about how they have to be cute, I can tell that Luna is going to be a challenge in the chewing department. Apollo is just happy to run through the bendy bridge, chew on the cardboard and seagrass mat and do his binkies

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

WHERE. IS. THE. VIDEO. ?

• jerseygirl

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 8/12/2016 6:37 AM
      WHERE. IS. THE. VIDEO. ?

There’s a link to Azerane’s YouTube channel in her Profile bio.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well, why didn’t anyone say so !!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It’s confirmed – Apollo has absolutely no control over his binkies at all !!!! So funny !! And what a shocked face afterwards !! Like “Who did that??”…

• Azerane

lol

Thanks Vienna, he’s a real character to watch.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I know, right? He looks more like a piggy popcorning.

• Azerane

Question, should I be interfering with their humping/chasing episodes?

There’s quite a bit of action going on here this morning and Apollo has pulled some of Luna’s fur. The first time she mounted him she was on there for quite a while which I think got him fed up which is why he chased and pulled fur. A little bit later, she mounted again but was on there less time so he just sat there when she got off. But then a few minutes after that he’s chasing her again and nipping at her bum to pull fur out. In between all of this they are of course doing binkies, grooming each other, playing etc but they keep having episodes. It seems common at the times that they’re most active (morning and evening), but all other times it’s non-existent. I feel like perhaps the main thing would be to stop Luna from humping for as long if I catch her at it, and to stop Apollo chasing so he doesn’t nip her. But I’m not sure if this would do more harm than good?

Just now, Apollo chased her because Luna was sniffing his butt, so he had to sniff hers and then chase her off. These two are doing my head in this morning

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Sounds normal to me, haha. You’d want to interfere if there was backwards humping of someone’s face. I think it depends on the temperament of the rabbit. Thor used to just sit there and Crysta looked like she was mountain climbing, haha. I know Thor can take it, so I leave them when it occasionally happens, but the only time I’d interfere was if the chasing was two times round the space, and then I’d spray with water.

• jerseygirl

Some pairs are just like this. One of our former forum leaders had a pair in which the male mounted his mate daily. Another had a pair who did this due to excitement at meal times. I have it happen a bit with Rumball and Ailis. Well he tries, anyway. A jarring noise might be enough of a deterrant. A container of coins or some in an aluminium can.

Did you get desexing certificates for these two?

• Azerane

No certificates but they each have a very clear tattoo. Occasionally she does mount his face, the trouble is seeing it happen, and getting over there in time to push her off before he retaliates. Fair enough that some pairs are just like this. I suppose all you generally see of bonded pairs is the happy, cute moments Not all the in between things.

Thanks again for the tips. Two bunnies is a whole new thing for me

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

My two new buns are mounting each other a lot, mostly Minstrel mounting Snickers, but a few times the other way round. He does it so often I was thinking of getting PetsAtHome to double check he is done, but I guess it may just be how some buns are I’ve even put a teddy in for him …

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

?? Wouldn’t both pairs now be in neutral territory having both come in from outside (both Azerane’s two and GJ’s). so is this sort of reinstating dominance, which they presumaby don’t carry over from territory to territory??

Could it go badly wrong and they be de-bonded? Or is it just a ‘remember me, I’m the dominant one’ game?

• Azerane

I would say it’s establishing dominance in a new setting, I just figured they’d be done with it by now but I guess not, she can be quite insistent which he doesn’t like so much, lol.

• jerseygirl

Have they ventured to the second level yet? That might help in giving one or the other a place to go if they get sick of their mate at time. We all need this. Lol

• Azerane

No, not yet! Luna ventures up to the second step about once a day and peers up there, but hasn’t yet mustered the courage to actually go up there. I’m not sure that Apollo will ever go up there, while he loves to binky, he doesn’t seem to do well with depth perception and I doubt he’s a very good jumper. When I brought him in from brushing the other day, I knelt down on the floor and released him on my lap, and it took him a little bit of time to asses the jump from my legs to the floor (you know, all 15cm of it). So if he was to go up to the second level, I might have to add an additional step lower down. Or perhaps even box in the steps with solid sides so that it’s more obvious.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

According to the lady who deals with PetAtHome adoptions, Minstrel and snickers were doing this there, and both have huge patches of new short hair, indicating a big hair pulling session a couple of months ago, so I think this is an ongoing issue for them. At a guess, these two were shoved in a hutch together at some point, with no introductions or bonding and left to get on. Snickers has already sussed out that the blue tunnel gives some protection from unwanted advances, and there were only a couple of small tufts of hair this morning. Clever Snickers and she hopped straight into the per carrier this morning, so she may have already made the connection between going in the pet carrier and being in the garden?

On a poopy note, most of their poops are getting a nice size now

• Q8bunny
      Participant

And a deceptively poopy happy note it is!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 8/15/2016 12:43 AM

Have they ventured to the second level yet? That might help in giving one or the other a place to go if they get sick of their mate at time. We all need this. Lol

I did laugh at this Jersey… LOL 

• Azerane

I was just going to update in the chat thread, but decide to update here because it was mentioned about the second level.

Yesterday*, the second level was discovered! My friend dropped in yesterday, and I was telling her how the bunnies didn’t go upstairs, and that I wasn’t sure Apollo would because I doubt he has good depth perception for jumping. Within 60 seconds of my saying that, Apollo jumps onto the first step, then the second. Making a big fat liar out of me. Shortly after Luna is up and exploring the top level with Apollo chilling on the step. Last night, Pat went into the kitchen late at night and found BOTH bunnies sprawled on the top level. Ever since it was discovered, they seem to go up somewhat regularly. It only took them three weeks

*I believe that Luna was up there before yesterday. I found her chewing on the mat that was up there, and when I removed it, it had more chew holes than what she could have done in that time.

Today was also their weigh-in again. Apollo has continued to lose a bit more weight, another 102 grams, so he now weighs in at 3297g, his weight loss has slowed a little from last week. Luna also lost a little big again, but only 33g this time unlike last week which was 72g. She now weighs in at 2688g.

I’ve cut back their pellets quite a bit (not that they were getting much), they’re getting two each in the morning now. But I was concerned they were the cause of the occasional mushy poop during the day. 99.9% hay diet for them until both their poops are completely ship shape. The 0.1% is occasional treats (I had to sample the dried papaya I made yesterday with them. Luna loved it, Apollo turned his nose up at it).

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

TWO pellets each – lol – poor things !!! lol That’s just teasing !

• Reesebun
      Participant
      1031 posts Send Private Message

mmmm…. dried papaya. Lucky bunnies

Viewing 239 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I met somebunny today…