Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I have converted two families to indoor rabbits

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I posted Coney’s condo on craigslist as the coolest rabbit house ever and I have had 2 seperate families e-mail me wanting more info and they have both requested that I build them a condo. They are going to bring their buns indoors with no more small rabbit hutches!!

What both said was that they really didn’t have room and never thought they could have rabbits as indoor pets until they saw mine. That is the reason why we had our boys outdoors as well. I had never even thought of these condo’s until I came to this site.

Yeah, more indoor buns.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

That is so cool!  Good for you!  Condos are fun to build, and they are relatively easy to tear down and configure in a different way.  Yay for indoor bunnies!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Thats great!!! Good for you. You may have to start your own “Build a Bunny Condo” Business. Binkies to you!!!

• Floppy
            Participant
            490 posts Send Private Message

Good for you!

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

That’s wonderful – you are a great rabbit advocate!

• Deleted User
                Participant

I love building them (except for the blistered fingers from the zip ties). If more people asking for them, I will build them. It is so much fun.

• wendyzski
                  Participant
                  1312 posts Send Private Message

Posted By medinaserpa on 09/26/2007 9:46 AM
                    I love building them (except for the blistered fingers from the zip ties). If more people asking for them, I will build them. It is so much fun.

I know I know – it’s like Legos for grown-ups!

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

That’s wonderful!!! Just be sure to warn them that bringing and outdoor bunny indoor does have challenges but to hang in there and put litter training #1 on the list and of course having them fixed too!

• Gravehearted
                      Participant
                      2428 posts Send Private Message

that’s fantastic! hurray for being a bunny ambassador 😀

• poopy
                        Participant
                        684 posts Send Private Message

Good job, by the time I was able to get my coworker to get his sister to keep his rabbits indoors, they were eaten by coyotes….which is pretty common in SoCal. Also happened to a neighbor of mine.

• Deleted User
                          Participant

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. Both of my boys were outdoor bunnies until I saw the Nic condos on here and I decided that I could do it. I just didn’t think I had the space. We still have Connor outside because I am trying to bond him and Coney. I can’t put them together in the condo until they are bonded. He is however in a safe enclosed hutch on my screened in back porch. We have coyotes out here also and we can hear them at night. My biggest concern was the racoons. We have a horrible racoon problem here. They eat my cat’s food and wash themselves in his water dish. I could never figure out why his water bowl was ALWAYS black in the mornings. Until I saw them this past week. They really scare me, one hissed and lunged at me on my back porch. I think it is really creepy seeing there glowing eyes and hearing their chirps in the dark. They have tried to get into Coney’s old hutch before. I came out one night because I heard Coney thumping and his door on the hutch was bent. I like having Coney inside and can’t wait to move Connor in as well. I get to see him more and he is so much more playful with me now. And before I have never been able to see Coney sleep, because the door opening would wake him up, but now I realize what a lazy bum he is. He sleeps all the time!

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

medinaserpa, Raccoons can sure be scary. We have a few here that come up on our back porch. One runs the moment I walk out the door, but another just sits there and growls at me like a dog. One time I came out, and a mom and her three babies were washing themselves in a water dish (for a cat we’re taking care of) Anyway, she made some noise and the babies ran down the steps and she slowly backed down the steps, but all the while keeping her eyes on me ready to defend her babies. Scary and cute all at the same time.

• Deleted User
                              Participant

In the daylight I think they are so cute, but at night they scare the hebie giebbes out of me. I keep thinking that one is going to lunge at me from under the deck or something. They scare the poop out of my cat who will not come into the back porch at night. The first time I saw one, I was going out there to get meat from the freezer and I see sammy (the cat) eating but sammy just didn’t look right, he was so much larger and not orange anymore. When I realized what it was I squaked and my husband came running well the thing hissed and lunged at me. Eversince then I have been turned off. My husband loves them he says we need to put extra cat food out for them to eat. I know that there are 4 adults and three babies that I have seen.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I have converted two families to indoor rabbits