Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I have a question/rant/pictures

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

So Tater Tot was supposed to be neutered on October 14th. I just got word today from his vet that his appointment has been moved to January 16th!!! That means I can’t really bond Joey and Tater Tot until mid-February at the earliest. The vet’s office does not feel comfortable neutering unless there is an emergency during COVID. Which I get but I’m also still very frustrated. I’ve tried finding a different vet who will do it but the closest is 4 hours away and Tater hates car rides to the point that I’m afraid a ride that long would be awful for his health.

So with this information, I have a question. I’ve never really been in this situation of having to wait to bond. Since Joey is spayed could I still let them play together?

Here’s a couple of pics of the doof demanding I let him out to play. Sorry, there is a lack of Joey pictures. She really does not like the camera. Maybe it’ll be easier to get pictures of her once they are bonded and she can’t escape as easily lol. I hate the quality of my pictures. But he’s a cute baby.

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

Well, you can think about it this way — for whose benefit is the playing for? Does one seem to really want to interact with the other at this point? If it’s amicable playing, that’s nice, but it may or may not do much difference for their relationship following his neuter. My fear is you attempting to have them be playful together and instead getting frustrated and potentially giving them opportunities to have bad spats that lead to grudges, which will hamper future bonding attempts a bit. At the core of things, since she’s spayed there’s no risk of pregnancy, but if the interactions are not positive, there is no point in moving forward with them playing. Unfortunately, unlike dogs, rabbits’ default are typically not to “play” with each other… more so than lunge and run away from each other? Eep.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

That’s really unfortunate about the vet. 🙁 Can you bribe them? Beg? Threaten? LOL JK… sorta.

Agree with Wick unfortunately. I think it’s more likely to cause some issues than help once Tater Tot’s hormones kick in.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
            Participant

Yep that was what I was thinking but wanted to get opinions.  For now the interactions are positive but that could change at any second.

• jerseygirl
              22338 posts Send Private Message

That faaaace!

Sonn, I’m kinda confused as to why they rescheduled. So they booked you an Oct appt despite covid but now things are bumped to January? Are they not comfortable to do it sooner because of his age/size?

• Sonn
                Participant

@jerseygirl Sorry for the late response I forgot to turn on notifications. They are cutting back on non emergency surgeries and have rescheduled all non emergency spay and neuters until the beginning of next year.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I have a question/rant/pictures