Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A I have a problem, and i’m a bit scared

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • joe
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

I’m very new at this, and I’m a little scared for my rabbit…

I have a girl, she’s about 12 weeks old, i rescued her from a lady that was renting my back house and left her there when she moved, needless to say, I fell in love with her, i’ve been reading a lot, I’ve almost mastered the litter training, but this morning i woke up and she’s peeing a very bright orange, it might be blood but i’m not sure…

i’m very worried, and i’m wondering if this is normal

help please??

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations on your new rabbit.

I would not be alarmed – orange and red urine is common in rabbits (unless you actually see blood).  Here is a very good article on it from House Rabbit Society.

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-1/red-urine.html

I recommend reading the House Rabbit Society on good basic care information for your new rabbit too.

• joe
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Oh my goodness, thank you so much, i appreciate it, I’ve stuff from that website before, but i had no idea…

thank you so much

• MarkBun
            Participant
            2842 posts Send Private Message

Yup, perfectly normal. If you have a christmas tree, nibbling on that will help turn it that color.

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Joe! You’ve gotten the perfect advise, I’m just here to say hello and offer some tidbits of info. This bunny sure is lucky to have you. It’s amazing how people can just “leave” their animals behind. Well, if that is how that person is, then this little bunny is better off. Rabbits really do have the ability to steal a person’s heart. Their wonderful, curious, intelligent, spunky little spirts really can come out when they feel loved and safe. So looks like you will bring each other fun times over the next 10 or so years.

I know you’ve been reading up, and I’m sure you already know this next tidbid of information, but just in case: She is reaching, or will be reaching sexual maturity soon, which may make her become territorial – she may even mark more, seem impossible to litter train, and can possibly become somewhat aggressive at times. IF this happens, she has not turned psycho, it is normal. This is when many people give up their bunny thinking they are stuck with a disaster. Spaying a bunny usually will help with those issues. Some of those issues will also die down over time, (years) but also note that there is a high cancer risk in nonspayed females (in their reproductive organs) If you decide to go that route, make sure you get a rabbit savvy vet as it’s not the same as doing cats and dogs.

Well, that’s it. Again welcome and we’re here to help with any problems and challenges, or just to share fun stuff. If you have any pictures, head down to the lounge area and share!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I also just wanted to welcome you too Joe! Binky Bunny also has great info under the BUNNY INFO heading above as well and of course ask away all you like, that’s what we are here for and thank you for rescuing her and deciding to take her in yourself!

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Hi Joe! I can never forget the jolt I got the first time I saw red pee! Like you, my first rabbit came very unexpectedly, and if not for The House Rabbit society web site, I never would have had a clue.

Does she have a name and have you pictures to show us?

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

how wonderful you were able to step up and rescue that baby bun!  welcome here.  feel free to ask questions about anything that may come up!  rabbits reallt are a pleasure, you’ll have lots fo fun with her!

• Honey&PeepersMom
                      Participant
                      30 posts Send Private Message

I wanted to welcome you too. You will see what a pleasure bunnies can be. Mine are so sweet. This forum is a great place for information and to get help when you need it. Good luck with you new little one.

• Spacehopper
                        Participant
                        540 posts Send Private Message

Yeay for the bunny rescuers!! I always remember my lop-eared bun when i was little, her pee was often orange, I remember it well as she would often pee on my lap. lol

• Lisa_43
                          Participant
                          1499 posts Send Private Message
                            Hi Joe, Well done for taking in that poor bunny, I know she will have a great forever home.

This is a great site with wonderful people that will give you all the help you need.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A I have a problem, and i’m a bit scared