Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE I cant clip my rabbits nails

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • dappledsky
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

So I have a rabbit, around 2 years old, and I havent been able to clip their nails. They dont like being picked up and I cant really hold their paws. Is there some way I can clip them without scaring him?

• LBJ10
        16870 posts Send Private Message

Will he sit in your lap? If not, then it might be helpful to put him on something unfamiliar and high up. A kitchen table, counter or washing machine works.

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

I seem to have easy clipping sessions, followed by ones that turn into utter disaster. I do find that just aborting after a paw or even a nail and trying later when everyone especially the bun is less stressed is really helpful. Hey sometimes it takes a week or so to get all the nails. Sometimes feeding treats through out helps, sometimes that doesn’t… I do usually just sit on the floor and scoop him into my lap from there. It helps if he is in a calmer mood, but not totally asleep. I am worried he will freak out and try and leap from the table so haven’t tried that one. The time I had the vet do it they bundled him in a towel, so that may be an option too. Best of luck!

• Moonlightbunny66
            Participant
            694 posts Send Private Message

Today I just clipped a few nails on my bunnies that looked a bit long. Didn’t clip them all at once. I did it while they were eating their veggies and pellets on the floor and just wiggled a paw out that looked like it had some long nails. I think some bunnies can be aggressive if you’re near them while they eat? So might not work for some bunnies. I also brush them on the floor which they enjoy because I pet their head.

I also wore faux leather gloves cause Pinky is known to nip when he’s mad!

• Bladesmith
              Participant
              849 posts Send Private Message

I can’t clip nails either, mainly because of diabetes, I can’t see that closely anymore.  So I trot my bunnies butts over to the vet.  5 minutes, all done, everyone gets a treat.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE I cant clip my rabbits nails