Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE I can’t believe what has just happened

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sr. Melangell
      Participant
      1708 posts Send Private Message

So as some of you know I’m almost blind, another thing I have is not a good sense of smell.

I was in the shower and my smoke alarm went off, I went to get my guide cane so I could press the button, my cane was in the bedroom where Olly was, my eyes were streaming then I knew something was wrong, I saw Olly had knocked the handset off the telephone base and put it on speaker and making growling sounds and someone was talking, Olly had pressed the redial button and got a friend of ours on the line, I heard our friend say. “OK, I know its you Olly, I can hear the alarm, I’m calling for help on my mobile.” (Mobile = Cell phone)

I realised thick smoke was pouring into my bedroom, my shower had blown up.

All thanks to my bunny boy we are still here.

Luckily the firemen got here very quickly, they are only round the back, if they have to come again will they give me time to get dressed first?

• Hazelbunny
        Participant
        75 posts Send Private Message

………………wow just wow……I can’t even imagine that happening?.
          And what do you mean by “my shower had blown up”?

• Sr. Melangell
          Participant
          1708 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Hazelbunny on 12/11/2017 3:22 PM

Basically it was an electrical problem, gone off like a bomb.

• Hazelbunny
            Participant
            75 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Charlies Angel on 12/11/2017 4:05 PM

Posted By Hazelbunny on 12/11/2017 3:22 PM

Basically it was an electrical problem, gone off like a bomb.

Wow I have never heard of that happening. Thank god you got out of the shower 

• joea64
              Participant
              1423 posts Send Private Message

I never heard of a shower encountering an electrical problem and going haywire like that either – in fact I didn’t even know there were any showers that used electricity! (Maybe it was the hot water heater that went ker-blooey?) Anyway, Olly is the bunny of the hour!

• Boston's Mama
                Participant
                1452 posts Send Private Message

I’m assuming it’s an electric shower (?)
                  Wow that’s like … incredible Olly , don’t tell Boston but I didn’t know bunnies could be that smart
                  My golden retriever saved my life in a horrible situation by being smarter than I ever thought a dog could be but I never knew a bunny would be able to
                  Go Olly !

• Ava
                  Participant
                  144 posts Send Private Message

Good job hero bun!

I had a shower that had the hot water tank situated above the shower head, if there was an electrical problem, it could’ve electrocuted me! zap!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE I can’t believe what has just happened