Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR I am sad attack rabbit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

awe. I took Feda out to show Cotton again and I had held her earlier too and her smell was on my shirt already. I came out and petted Cotton and when he saw feda he started bitiing me   I put Feda back in her area.   I lie down on couch and cotton came to me he smelled me and then whamo nailed me on the nose it hurts drew blood too. I corrected him. and held him down for a bit. then I go to sit up and put him under my chin as we used to do and he would not stop trying to bite me. I put him back in his cage after fussing at him.

OUch. makes me sad. I cannot hold Feda at all if he smells her on my shirt look out. so I had been waiting til I put him to bed at 9pm I put him to bed early to give her some time too. I let her play in her area the bedroom. all day and I lie down in there and she plays tonite she climbed on me and I smelled like her already. I just changed shirts and washed my hands Cotton is banging in his cage now. his bell ball and waiting for me to let him back out agian. or give him his papaya and greens. I am sad. he is still attack rabbit. I cannot have her in front of him he does remember the rest of the day or nite and keeps bitin me. so I changed shirts lets see what happens. he is extremely jealous noo you can’t have my mommy noo she is mine ahaa. kids furbabies. darn  so I guess I have to change shirts and wash my hand I am keeping the pink shirt for her when I am with her. and changing every time I leave the bedroom now. gee now who is controlling me. the things I do to keep the peace here. yeah I was thinking when we got her that this would happen hmmm. I could return her but I can’t she needs a real home I know I can give them both a real good home. If he doesn’t see me with her he is ok. once he sees her and i forget it. attaack central. He can’t attack her so he attacks me. And the brush the good brush for shedding. I brushed Laith and her with it now when I go to brush cotton he attacks the brush and I ahve to hold him to brush  him he doesn’t want that brush on him I have to buy a new brush cuz he is starting to shed and I just know it is gona turn into molt too.

he is neutered too. well… I will just have to do as I have been and not let him smell her on me shirt.

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

I hope that helps. They both sound like they want to be with you, and you love them so much.
          Would it help to put her scent on a stuffed animal so Cotton could get used to having her smell in your home? (or bite it, not you.)
          Maybe your husband (neutral person) could have a brief supervised meeting for the two in a neutral place. Didn’t someone here say that car rides help when getting newly acquainted? I’ve never bonded bunnies so I’m certainly limited to what I’ve learned here for suggestions. I wish I knew how to get a bunny to think he has a new friend and member of the family rather than a rival. He needs some rewards for some good behavior, if he can just behave himself. Keep trying.

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

hmm stuffed animal yes that is true. a good idea he probably attack it and pee on it hehee. I can try it.

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

Ooh how sad and frustrating for you … it is not easy to bond … have you had bonding experiences prior to getting Cotton and Itty Bitty.  I recall you had another bunny Laithe?

Bonding is definitely a job and a half … many of the girls/gals here have had bonding experiences … myself included .. not easy.  Do you have a local shelter where you could perhaps take them together?  Just a thought.

Personally, I would keep Cotton and Itty Bitty apart for the time being, particularly that IB is not spayed yet … things may settle down once she is spayed (I hope).  Cotton’s bites sound nasty … Ouch … maybe keep him away from your face area.   I know it is bad enough getting bitten on the hand .. the face no way.

Maybe you can have another go at bonding once IB is spayed and try again in a neutral area where neither bunny has been. 

Have you read the ‘Bonding’ section here on BinkyBunny … it is very informative.  You might like to take a look.

Dawn xx

• MarkBun
              Participant
              2842 posts Send Private Message

Maryann would attack all stuffed animals too. Until I got a tiger that growled when you squeezed it. She attacked it, it growled, she ran away into the other room, then came back a minute later and began to groom it as if to say, “sorry…”

I guess that’s why she liked Dono better whenever he bit back.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR I am sad attack rabbit