Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR humping !!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • lilmizzsnickerz
      Participant
      318 posts Send Private Message

domino is all of a sudden started humping my legs and bitting the back of my ankels  hes about 5 months old ruffly i have his date of birth wrote down somewere but i kinda lazy to go find it =D

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

He’s at the right age to be doing that. I would recommend that you look into getting him neutered because he could also become territorial. He’s almost old enough that you can get it done. I had the same problem with my bun.

• cookie627
          Participant
          387 posts Send Private Message

i have had that problem.. Cookie started humping my arm. but he stopped. which is good!!!!!

• ea hurse
            Participant
            102 posts Send Private Message

Lollo did that from about 12 weeks until he was neutered not too long after! it’s a lurve thing, the biting / nipping is part of the action and human legs do seem to do it for male bunnies! I would definitely get him neutered and the sooner the better – you don’t want him ‘learning’ other bad habits that are driven by hormones that will be difficult for him to unlearn.

and don’t worry too much either, if you find a good rabbit-experienced vet to fix him you should see an improvement in no time.  Lollo was precocious and his urm ‘balls’ (more like almonds!) dropped at around 11 weeks.  some vets i spoke to wouldnt even entertain the idea of neutering until he was 6 months. however the vet i found and use now (it has an animal hospital attached so they do a lot of surgeries) said in her experience as long as the bits were all there and the bunny is otherwise in good health there is no reason to wait if the hormones are causing problems.

• lilmizzsnickerz
              Participant
              318 posts Send Private Message

oh i going get him fixed as soon as i get the cash

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

Lilmizzsnickers – and he didn’t even buy you dinner first? Geesh.

A rabbit savvy vet will usually do males as soon as they reach full sexual maturity usually around 4 months, while with females some prefer to wait unitl six months. Do you have a good rabbit vet already?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR humping !!