Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING humping

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Stephie
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

I have a male and a female rabbits (genders memtioned by store) raised together free roaming since they were a month old. They love each other and lick and sleep together on a daily basis. The boy is now 3.5 months old and the girl is 4.5. Yesterday, I found hairs of my male rabbits on the floor. I also witnessed he tried to hump the girl but she run and bit him instead, thats’s where the hairs came from. But then within a few minutes, the girl licked the boy’s head as usual, which I consider apology. They slept side by side afterwards. I don’t want any liter either. Should I separate them completely until they are neutered or can I keep them together for an hour everyday?

• Louiethebunny
        Participant
        603 posts Send Private Message

Yes, 100% separate until they are both fixed. The mounting and aggression in return is a sign of bunny-hormones and since your rabbits are right around their “bunny puberty” stage you definitely want to separate, get them fixed, then re-bond them. I would also be cautious and pay attention to them as they are old enough to reproduce and if they have been living together there is a change of your female being pregnant.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

Keep them 100% separated until they are neutered/spayed. At their age she may already be pregnant (females can get pregnant at 12 weeks). You should take her to the vet ASAP to find out, as she might be able to be spayed now. 4.5 months is on the young side to be spayed but not too young for an experienced vet.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING humping