Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Human to Bunny Bonding

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Mary + Hibbert
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

I’ve had my bunny for a few months and my bunny is still afraid of my hands, I would just like some tips and tricks to bond with my bunny to make it so that he can be comfortable around me.

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Welcome!

Can you describe your housing set-up a bit? In general it’s best to have things arranged so that you don’t have to pick up your bun to let them out for exercise as most rabbits hate being picked up.

Some buns take a long time to warm up. I find it’s best to play “hard to get”. Sit on the floor with the bun but “ignore” them. Read a book, watch a movie, etc. If they approach you, don’t even react, just let them come sniff you and check you out. Eventually the bun may decide to relax near you, and then you know you are making good progress!  Once they do that regularly, you can try “asking” if the bun wants some nose rubs. Make your hand into a little fist that resembles a bunny head and place it on the ground near the bun’s nose (off to one side a bit so you aren’t in their blind spot). If the bun puts it’s head down, they want some nose rubs! if not, then don’t force the petting and try again another day.

Hand feeding is also really good to do. You can hand feed veggies and even pellets. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Mary + Hibbert
          Participant
          3 posts Send Private Message

I do think he was just playing hard to get, I took into account your pointers and within a week, he was climbing all over me and comes to me when I call his name. It was like that one day something clicked in his head that I’m not going to hurt him and we’ve been getting closer, so thank you!

• DanaNM
            8901 posts Send Private Message

That’s so wonderful! Thank you for the update! 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Human to Bunny Bonding