Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE How to come out of this sadness ?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • BujjiSimba
      Participant
      18 posts Send Private Message

I had 2 rabbits which were unspayed ( we don’t have much vets here & rabbit savvy vets are nowhere to find ) . One of those 2 passed away 6 months back due to statis. The other day I brought home 2 bunnies , but they were kept separately as they are little ones . I took care of my other rabbit who lost her company, it was doing fine. Eating normally.

She had a small lump on her leg , I took her to a vet & they prescribed some antibiotics which I used for some 30days( I think this is the stupid thing I had done ). But the lumps continued , whenever I took her to ver they pierce them & clean all the pus . I felt very bad seeing her going through all that . I didn’t see any improvement so I went to another vet , she suddenly stopped eating for 2days, I force fed her and she became normal. She started eating but stopped pooping & peeing for 2 days , I was worried so much and I cursed myself for not able to understand what’s going on with her .

Then I consulted online vet & got her X-ray done , I took those reports to my local vet and he said there seems to be some infection in her liver , the earth shattered below my feet heading that. I took good care of her , giving fresh food ,water and cleaning her space daily. She seemed to be okay but lost weight, I took her to vet on alternate days to get her shots.

Like all the other days on Aug 16th I took her to vet & came back by 7pm .She didn’t eat till 9pm , I tried force feeding her but she didn’t take a single drop . I was praying all night to keep her okay till the morning so that I can take her to vet , at 3am I saw she was grinding her teeth , I took her in my lap and consoled for half an hour & slept. When I mom woke up at 6am , she was just laying unable to move , I saw her and my heart broke into million pieces.

When my mom picked her up,  she screamed in pain and I understood that she is leaving us forever,  she breathed her last in my mom’s arms .

I’m unable to forget that and forgive myself , even after almost 1.5month I still cry for her , I feel I was the reason for her death . Sometimes in midnight I suddenly cry remembering her .

I love you Lucky so much , please forgive me .

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I am so, so, so, sorry! 😥

Please don’t blame yourself! You did all that you could for her, you helped her through those troubling times. Alas, nature takes its course, in the most unfair ways, it seems sometimes. Know though, that she is watching over you, and guiding you through the journey that you set out here to accomplish. She isn’t lost, she can still be found in your heart. 🙂

I remember when I lost my beloved rabbit the pain that I felt, it was echoed in your words that you wrote. 😥 It is hard to accept the unacceptable, it is hard to close that wound, but it is not impossible, and you can move on over this shadow of guilt. 🙂 Remember her fondly, and rejoice in the good times you’ve had with her, count all of the positives. 🙂 Finding the beauty in every day is much better for the spirit that finding all of the sorrow. 🙂

Being happy would honor her much more than crying over her loss. She wants to binky free with the knowledge that you are happy, and enjoying life. 🙂 What helped me in the past was to look at old photos of them, and laugh at their antics. 😀

You can overcome this, but you have to make it happen, no one else can do that for you, we can simply give you words of encouragement. I look forward to seeing you open your eyes, and smile at the world when that day arrives. 🙂

We are always here for you!

((((Binky Free sweet girl)))

• BujjiSimba
          Participant

@HipHopBunny

Thanks for these words , yes I want to remember all the good happy times with her but it’s just that sometimes the fact of her absence hits me hard . She will always be in my heart ❤

• HipHopBunny
            Participant

I hear you on that, sometimes it was hard for me too, to think of my beloved bun without tear shed. 😥 But getting a good cry out helped me a lot in the past. I would scream my agony to the stars, and when it was all out, I just sat there and went into deep thinking. I thought about if my lost one would want to see me like this, or where they were now. Truth is, they are always with you, just know that each time you think about her. 🙂

Do you have any hobbies that make you smile at just mentioning them? Or just anything in general that makes you have a good time? It is a little hard with the pandemic, but you can still find things to enjoy. Maybe research something that has always fascinated you, something to take your mind off the grief would be beautiful. 🙂

Smile 🙂 Laugh 🙂 Be happy 🙂

• BujjiSimba
              Participant

I now have 2 buns , time passes with them but there comes the time everyday where I miss her . Now whenever any of these 2 buns gets sick or inactive I get scared thinking something bad will happen,  i always try to calm byself but still that sorrowness don’t leave .

I will try to always remember her good happy times with me , I can atleast think that now she is at peace with out getting those painful shots .

• HipHopBunny
                Participant

I’m glad that you have new buns, new love. 🙂 I have new rabbits as well, they make me smile every day. 😀 I hear you though, I worry about them constantly, thankfully though, the bulk of that worry has subsided with time.

Take a deep breath, feel your stomach go out, now let out the air, and feel your stomach go in. Count to 5 with each breath. Put your hand on your stomach to make sure that your stomach goes in and out when it is supposed to. This process has helped me greatly sometimes, hopefully, it can help you too. 🙂

Wishing you happiness!

• DanaNM
                  8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m so so sorry for your loss. 🙁 I have lost two bunnies very dramatically in front of my eyes, and it is so traumatizing. After I lost Bunston, his death was all I would see when I closed my eyes for months.

But I did get past it, and eventually started remembering the good things and not the painful things.  It is very normal to feel guilt, but it sounds like you did everything you could to help her and it was just her time.

It helped me a lot to start jotting down positive memories of him, whenever one would come to mind. Eventually I also made a photo book for him, but it took me about a year to be ready to do that.

Be kind to yourself and give your other bunnies some extra snuggles. <3

(((Binky free Lucky)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BujjiSimba
                    Participant

@DanaNM

I everyday think whether she forgave me or not , now I realized that I should forgive myself and to get rid of this guilty. I know she will stay in my heart forever and I don’t want to ignore those happy moments spent with her , she left me memories worth lifetime. I always preserve them in my heart forever .

Thanks for these loving words ❤

• DanaNM
                      8935 posts Send Private Message

<3 <3 <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
                        Participant

Those are beautiful words to remember. 🙂 <3<3

Wishing you happiness!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE How to come out of this sadness ?