Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE How to clean his face safely?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      446 posts Send Private Message

For the past few days this has been Thumper’s face. He woke up one afternoon and I noticed his face was like this; he’s still eating, drinking, pooping and acting normal so my mom thinks it’s just hay mixed with watermelon juice. How can I clean his face safely to see if she’s right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

You could try a damp moist (preferably not ice cold) very soft piece of fabric. I think he will eventually remove it himself though. It’s extra visible on a white rabbit, but it doesnt resemble anything that could be due to illness. It is probably a food stain. Does he seem ok otherwise? (Appetite, poop, energy level etc).

• BunnyLass568
            Participant

He does except he’s drinking a bit more than usual, but so hasn’t Blossom, even with the AC on it’s still kinda warm in my house so I think it might be due to that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• BunnyLass568
              Participant

I left him alone but now his face looks worse than before…. 

• DanaNM
                8935 posts Send Private Message

I replied in your other thread, but just to have it here as well, I think you should see a vet. This combined with excessive drinking sounds like a possible dental issue.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• joe11
                Participant
                2 posts Send Private Message

So good discussion.

Just found a baby bunny. He was running from my cat. A little bit bigger than a size of a large egg when in a ball. He has abrasions and tufts of fur ready to fall off.

What do I clean the wounds with?

What do I put him in?

What do I feed him?

He is able to run around. It doesn’t look like there are any broken bones as of now. I’ll find out for sure when the adrenaline wears off. I still has a white spot on his head.

Help!

• DanaNM
                    8935 posts Send Private Message

Hi joe11,

Is this a wild or domestic bunny? In either case, he needs vet attention. A wild bunny is very unlikely to survive in captivity due to stress, and should be taken to a wildlife rehab. If a domestic rabbit that you plan to try to keep, you should take him to the vet to have his injuries looked after and find out how old he is.

Also FYI, in general on the forum it’s best to start a new topic with your questions rather than replying to other threads. I’m going to leave this here for now but feel free to start a new topic with your questions.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam

The white spot on the forehead makes me think its a wild cottontail bun. Thank you for trying to save him! You should contact a wildlife rehabber. They will know what to do and will be able to give you instructions.

• Bam

Catwindheart, this does seem a bit concerning. It could be a dental issue. Can you see if his eye on the affected side is leaky at all?

• BunnyLass568
                          Participant

Sorry for the late reply but I checked his eye and it’s not leaking, least not from what I could see

• Bam

That is very good! It doesnt look like his eye is leaky on your picture. I’d try to clean the cheek gently with a wet piece of fabric (lukewarm water). It is a bit weird, but it seems more like sth to keep an eye on than an emergency.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE How to clean his face safely?