Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE How many pellets for young bunny?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lolathebunny
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone. I have had my newly adopted bunny Lola, for two days now. I am very confused about the number of pellets to feed her? She is only 4 months so the pellets she eats are young rabbit oxbow pellets. Everyone has told me a different amount to feed her.  Currently she has 1/4 cup pellets once a day. Is that the right amount? I am going to make a plan with her vet next week but for now, I would really like to know people’s thoughts on this topic. By the way, she always has unlimited Alfalfa hay and water.

• Hazel
        Participant
        2587 posts Send Private Message

Young rabbits should get “unlimited” pellets while they’re growing. It’s okay to leave their food bowl empty for a couple of hours each day though, to make sure they eat plenty of hay as well. 🙂

They only need one source of Alfalfa, either hay or pellets. I’ve found that switching them to Timothy pellets is easier than switching them to Timothy hay once they’re too old for Alfalfa. So I would recommend feeding her Timothy hay and Alfalfa pellets.

• Lolathebunny
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the help, Hazel! Instead of using timothy grass for her could I use orchard grass hay?

• Hazel
            Participant
            2587 posts Send Private Message

Orchard is fine too. 🙂

• RK2020
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

I have 3 months old French lop bunny. The breeder said that I should give to Romeo 2.5dl pellets for junior rabbits every day until he is 1 year old. It is 1.5 to 2.5dl/day to other bunnies too. After 1 year, the amount should be smaller. Doesn’t matter wether you give half of it on the morning and other half on the evening. I give only on mornings the whole amount of pellets. You should buy to your bunny fibre rich pellets (min. 25%), so your bunny grows well and under 4% of fat:)

• Wick & Fable
                5782 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the reply RK2020! Since this is an older thread, you might not get a response back, so I’m going to lock the topic. I welcome you to respond and post your own topics as well and actively engage with more recent threads.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The topic ‘How many pellets for young bunny?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum DIET & CARE How many pellets for young bunny?