Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A How do I tell the Sex of My Bun? and If Neutered?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I know this may sound dumb to some but I just got my first bun 1 month ago…I somewhat adopted him from a person who could not and did not take real good care of Beepers (that is the buns name)…the person told me all sorts of things that are turning out to not be true..so I would like to know how to check and see if he is really a he and to check if he is really neutered..because he seems to be marking everything in sight…unless it is just because it is just because it is a new place and he finally got out of the 50 gal container he was living in…He took very quickly to litter training…and to a big cage…so he is a really good bun…but does not want to be picked up or held yet…

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

there was a thread with links to pics that may help you determine the sex of your bun…

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=2&postid=23583&view=topic

as to whether or not (s)he’s been altered… i think thats a little more tough to determine since scars can be ahrd to find.  maybe some one else will have tips for you about this.  so sweet that you rescued beepers from his wee cage!  i imagine he’s ecstatic about his new digs

• Lisa_43
          Participant
          1499 posts Send Private Message

Here is another thread link on how do I tell if my pet rabbit has been spayed.

binkybunny.com/Default.aspx

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

You probably won’t find scaring in a neuter though. My suggestion is to have a vet check out the bunny and check the sex – they may be able to determine if he has been altered.

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

to answer your other question – new cages often lead to lots of marking, since it’s new territory. it should hopefully improve within a few weeks.  you might also add a second litterbox to the new house while he’s getting the hang of it.

I’m really glad you’re investing the time to learn about how to care for Beepers and hope you’ll be able to figure out if he’s neutered. It might be worth an initial visit to a vet to have him checked out anyhow, plus it’s always better to have a vet you feel comfortable with before any emergency. Do you have a bunny vet yet?  It’s very important to see only vets that know about bunny care since they’re still considered an exotic. Below is a list of vets who see rabbits in Wisconsin.

http://www.wisconsinhrs.org/Recommended%20Vets.htm

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

thanks everyone for the info on telling how to sex the bunny and the list of vets…the vets on the list are quite far from me..I will be calling around to see if one is closer today…Beepers is making good progesse I think..I put him in his cage at night…so now he goes in his litter box all the time now ..so I leave him out all day…I love him so much..I am so mad at the person who had him before for teating him so poorly…no animal should be teated that way..
                  Thanks again for all you help

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Hi Janymae! I am so glad that Beepers has such a better home now with you and I really hope you can find a vet close by that can give you a hand at determining the sex of your bun and if they have been altered already. If it is claimed that Beepers was altered, can that person tell you the name of the vet? They will often keep records of that but from the sound of it, that source is not terribly dependable.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A How do I tell the Sex of My Bun? and If Neutered?