Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE How do I sell bunnies?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lilo
      Participant
      46 posts Send Private Message

I am selling my baby bunnies but where do I? To a pet store? Animal Shelter? Farm store? I can’t keep the males and if there are more than one females I can only keep one. So in the end I need to sell 2 bunnies. Do I just hand them over? Do I have to give them a cage to go along? I’m scared that I won’t sell them by three months?

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Lilo, this question kind of falls under the rule against discussing intentional breeding – whether or not your buns were an oops litter. There are other forums that have rehoming-sections, but we don’t have one. Rabbits online has a rescue-section and also a showroom-and-rabbitry-section where you probably can get more tips and ideas about how to make sure your babies come to new, good homes.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/

• SeeShmemilyPlay
          Participant
          201 posts Send Private Message

These are the questions you should have asked before you began breeding. All I ask is that you please don’t sell your babies to whomever comes along and offers money! Please make sure they’re informed buyers who will give their bunny a good life, even if that means you don’t sell them by 3 months (also, just a heads up, don’t take them away from their mama until after 2 months.)

• Boston's Mama
            Participant
            1452 posts Send Private Message

I presume since she/he is asking where and how is best that it was likely a accidental breeding(?)
              Most who intentionally bred for selling would just list them and sell…. if I have the right idea here in that case I think it is very honourable that you are asking in advance and trying to find out that best way to find them good homes and that you are concerned by the homes they go to. As the others above said it’s not allowed on this site but above suggested some places to ask and sites to look at so hopefully they help you out with this only other thing I can suggest is a local animal shelter to you should be more than willing to offer advise on the best ways you can go about this
              I hope you find amazing homes for them

• Bam
              16871 posts Send Private Message

Lilo, I sincerely hope you find great homes for your little ones. As Oakley’s mum says, this seems to be an oops-litter, which is why I kept the thread open for possible suggestions from members who have been in similar situations. I’m locking it now.

ETA: I thought I’d locked the thread, but apparently I didn’t. The subject of intentional breeding is prohibited on the Binky Bunny forums.

• sarahthegemini
                Participant
                5584 posts Send Private Message

Lilo’s profile states that she is a bunny breeder so I don’t think this was an oops litter

If you’re going to be a responsible breeder, you can’t/shouldn’t just hand the bunnies over to whomever gives you cash. You need to check the home is suitable and that potential owners know how complex rabbits are and how to properly care for them. Otherwise they’ll just end up dumped.

I agree that those questions are questions that should have been asked and answered prior to your doe getting pregnant. You need to also be prepared that they won’t sell by 3 months and you’ll have the resources to care for them all.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The topic ‘How do I sell bunnies?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum THE LOUNGE How do I sell bunnies?