Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING horibal grunting Help Me!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • mocha200
      Participant
      4486 posts Send Private Message

when mocha and lulu are in the tube and mocha moves she will lunge at him gruunting horibly it sounds lick a dieing mouse and if he moves to cloes to heer she will shove her head under him and grunt. i am not kiding every move he makes even if he turns his head she will grunt lick a dying mouse. help! and she somtimes nips him when she grunts. Help! how do i make her stop bighting and grunting?

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

She is a vocal rabbit. When she nips, push her head down disapprovingly. — How does Mocha take it? Lulu is at the point where her first shock over meeting Mocha has passed and she is telling him that she won’t have his humping anylonger. Is she really aggressive or just sending him running from her?

• mocha200
          Participant

he mostly sits there so i don’t think it is a nip or it doesn’t hert somtimes though he will hop away

• Deleted User
            Participant

OK. Mocha 200, you know your job here: allow your rabbits to interact in the bonding sessions but don’t let them fight. You are doing great. Some rabbits are noisy,they grunt or growl or squeal. It is part of communicating with the other rabbit. My Neigey is like that also. I think you will see Lulu really come out of her shell and show some feistier behaviors typical of female buns but Mocha being relaxed about it is really helpful. If he understands her, that she doesn’t want to be humped, or that she wants him to back off, it is a succesful communication between them. Will he groom her upon her pushing his head into him?

• mocha200
              Participant

no grooming from him, he did in the car a little though. she bights him even when he doesn’t hump him. heice tonight.
                only humped her once or tw

• Deleted User
                Participant

she bites him or nips him? If she nips him, it’s fine. Nipping/fur-plucking in bonding sessions is quite normal. Just make sure Mocha does not get hurt; a bloodshed is not acceptable during bonding. Will your mother help you and make a video of them during a session to post here?

• mocha200
                  Participant

its a nip.i would do a video but can you upload a video with out useing you tube?

• Deleted User
                    Participant

you can use another video hosting site such as photobucket if you don’t have or don’t want a google (youtube) account. You could make an account in mocha’s name. Like ‘mocha bunny’ or something. that’s all you need for photobucket

• mocha200
                      Participant

let me try somthing

• mocha200
                        Participant

[video src="https://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/mocah200/?action=view&current=P1130408.flv" /]

try looking at this and see if you can see it ( this is what she did today when she ran through her tube and jumped over the bored its kinda hard to see though)

• mocha200
                          Participant

she meaning lulu

• Deleted User
                            Participant

hehe, that was fun to watch! Yes, I could see it.

• mocha200
                              Participant

ok i will try to video tape tomarrow. if i can re charge the camra some how

• mocha200
                                Participant

i don’t know how to actavate it though oh well at least you can see it.

• Deleted User
                                  Participant

what do you mean?The link is active. do you want the video to be embedded in here so it is sitting in the post as a video window thing?

• mocha200
                                    Participant

kinda of wish that but i don’t now how. or you could click on the link instead of copy and pasting it. i am bonding right now but nothings happening but i got my camra

• Deleted User
                                      Participant

here you go. I was able to get the embed code from your video by following your link and then clicking on ‘share’. At the bottom it gave me the embed code to paste into here.

• Deleted User
                                        Participant

sorry mocha, it didn’t work. you can figure it out later!

• mocha200
                                          Participant

here i will post some videos i just took in a second. they show some of the grunting and stuff. i am going to post them on my bonding form though.

• Deleted User
                                            Participant

the embedded video works now, it was just glitched somehow.

• mocha200
                                              Participant

thanks you petzy!

• MarkBun
                                                Participant
                                                2842 posts Send Private Message

Says the video no longer exists.

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING horibal grunting Help Me!