Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Hoppy Easter!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      434 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Easter! To those of you who don’t celebrate Easter I hope you have an amazing Sunday! Posting this now because I don’t know how busy we’ll be tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Current: Blossom and Thumper (5 year old buns)💖💖💖💖 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, 2-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, 9-14-2020), and Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, 8-3-2022) 💔💔💔💔

• Azerane
        4688 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Easter!!

We had a lovely picnic lunch with my mum and her partner.

Now I’m on the couch indulging in my own Easter Tradition, eating a chocolate bunny while watching Watership Down 😁 Not to everyone’s taste I know but I watched it at Easter as a kid once and it’s just stuck, so now I watch it once a year 🙂

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Easter! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend whether you celebrate or not.

I am having a pretty mellow Easter.  Between work and sick bun I just haven’t had time to do my usual celebrations.  (Which is really just making food and painting eggs, and getting randoly dressed up), but eating chocolate Easter bunnies and watching Watership Down or such sounds like a wonderful day!

• Ellie from The Netherlands
            Participant
            2512 posts Send Private Message

Happy Easter to you too ^_^ I’m having a lie-down after being in the kitchen all day. Molly is busy exploring the bedroom, and sometimes she does a super high binky. Then I see a pair of ears fly above the edge of the bed: boink! 😆

Bas has been supplied with a stash of ready-made meals again. He’ll be away for work all week, and while he has a small kitchen, it isn’t really functional if you want a complete meal. He rents a room close to his work so he doesn’t have 4 hours of commuting every day.

The rent is crazy the further you go westwards: he pays just much for a 16m2 room with shared facilities as I do for a 1-bedroom 50m2 apartment here in the east 😯

Well, at least he has a stack of Elise’s Freezer Packages ™, so he’ll be eating properly this week ^_^ I do a lot of meal prepping, and I’m a happy little squirrel with a big pantry and a full freezer. If I’ve got a bad day, or if friends haven’t eaten yet, there’s dinner on the table in 10 minutes 🙂

• Bam
              16838 posts Send Private Message

Hoppy Easter!

Here’s an Easter picture of Snöa, proudly demonstrating a completely bald molting patch on her forehead:

She must’ve rubbed her head against sth, because it wasn’t there this morning.

Participant

That’s a big patch! Moults can make rabbits look so silly, especially if the old hair has come loose but the new hair hasn’t settled in yet.

She’s gorgeous btw, really loving her elegant face ^_^

• Bam
                  16838 posts Send Private Message

@Ellie, they can look so silly 🤣 The skin in the bald spot is slightly sandpaper-like from new hair growth and her appetite and energy are great. I gave her a few sunflower seeds tonight like you gave Breintje back in the day when he had a big molt, the extra vitamins and protein wont hurt.

Participant

Yes, those seeds are great. I’ve heard that people use them before shows as well, so the buns get a glossy coat. Only problem is that the extra protein can raise their body temperature a little, and if you feed a lot of seeds it can trigger a heavy moult. Imagine having a prize-winning bunny and 3 days before the big show: POOF! 😆

Just a quick “back in the day” pic to the time when Breintje didn’t want to be brushed yet. He was too busy bouncing around the place to sit still. So we just gently plucked what we could reach if he sat still for a couple of seconds.

He looked like he got run over by a lawnmower! 😆

• prince dorian the bun
                      Participant

Crazy molting! Neither Miu nor Dorian seem to lose patches. Dorian changes color a little and will have molting rings. My favorite was when they ended up with a heart shape on his bunny bum! Miu sort of gets the ring, but mostly just a lot of shedding.

Snoa does have an elegant head shape!

Participant

Yes, we used to have a thread called “Moult Monsters”, it was hilarious to see all the punk rock hairdos and those silly hula skirts that they get at the end of their moult 😆

Heart-shaped bunny butt sounds adorable, at least you’ll see something pretty when dinner is late and everybunny is sulking ^_^

• prince dorian the bun
                          Participant

LOL! They don’t show their butts… they sit there and just stare at you, you can feel their eyes in the other room! Two bunnies in unison just following every move with their eyes, like a pair of haunted house portraits!

That thread sounds amazing! Wish I could post photos as I would share the one of Dorian’s butt. Right now his molt just enhances the 🍑 ness of his little bunny bum! 😂

Oh and I could not find a chocolate bunny anywhere… weirdest thing.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Hoppy Easter!