Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR holland lop behavior?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • CookieLopBaby
      Participant
      29 posts Send Private Message

Hey, it’s me again.  I’ve read that Holland Lops have a good temparment…  Is this true?  Or are all breeds of rabbits pretty much the same?  Are there any behaviors, etc that are distinctive to a certain breed? 

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

it seems to me that temperment is more dependant on their individual personalities, than their breed per se.  personally, i’ve had 3 lops and the holland lop was the most friendly of the lops.  but pinky, my 10 month old new zealand white is by far the most cuddly & attention seeking bun so far.  she’s such a doll

• Floppy
          Participant
          490 posts Send Private Message

aww my Floppy is cute,cuddly and loves attention…but he sure has his days! His…”leave me alone!” days and
            “I can’t believe you were gone that long!” days…ahaha sad when I’m afraid to come home because I know my bunny
            will be mad at me. SPOILED!!!

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

hi Rhonda – it’s true that there are some traits that people attribute to certain breeds.

However, bunnies all have very distinctive personalities, so it is always best to get to know the bunny first – as babybunsmum suggested.

All three of my bunnies are part dutch and there couldn’t be 3 more different and distinct personalities!

• JK
              Participant
              2223 posts Send Private Message

Well my Holland Lop is the sweetest, most affectionate, friendly guy.  He loves to be held and pet.  Maybe he is a rare one because he doesn’t even chew or dig.  He’s unbelievable.  I still to this day cannot get over his incredible personality.  I have read though that this breed is very friendly and easy to handle but I also know that there are many other breeds that are just as wonderful.  It just depends on the bun!

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

bigger buns tend to be the more ‘sedate’ bunnies. And if you don’t want attitude thrown at you, don’t get a dutch.

• 2buns2luv
                  Participant
                  66 posts Send Private Message

Your bunny has a lookalike here in Calgary. There’s a holland lop that looks exactly like yours on a poster at our local petland and the caption underneath reads “Some bunny loves you” I think it’s the sweetest thing.

I own 2 holland lops. They’re both very affectionate, especially first thing in the morning when they get their breakfast pellets. My experiences with this breed is somewhat limited to other members but my 2 girls have very different personalities. Luna is the outgoing, in your face type of bunny. Always testing the boundaries to see what she can and can not get away with. She loves to snuggle and comes when called. Shadow isnt as affectionate, she enjoys her solitutude but is cuddly on occasions. She is more playful when it comes to toys.

Taking time to get to know each of your bunnies as individuals is important. If you learn what each of your fur-babies likes and dislikes it improves the relationship and bonding you will have with them

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

All breeds DON’T act the same I have noticed that Netherland Dwarfs are more stubborn then hollands.

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

that is an excellent question!  dog breeds very often have distinctive personalities, so it’s natural to assume the same goes for rabbits.

everyone on here has had their own experiences with different breeds or mixed breeds, but as was mentioned, it’s very hard to say that a breed is one way or another.  this is a good article from HRS that makes the case against generalizations.

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-10/mellow-lops.html

also, check out the Language of Lagomorphs site.  it highlights different behaviors and what they mean so you can decide for yourself what kind of personality your rabbit has.  AND it’s a fun read!

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

• JK
                        Participant
                        2223 posts Send Private Message

Beka – The Language of Lagomorphs is excellent!  Everyone should read this!!! Thanks for posting that.

• BuntBun
                          Participant
                          46 posts Send Private Message

Holland Lops have great personalities and are truly sweet!  My little Holland Lop is very loving and rarely ever bites!  She’s my first rabbit, so I really don’t know about other kinds, but I’m sure if you do get another type, and handle it properly, it could be just as sweet!

• Deleted User
                            Participant

Luck my dwarf made me bleed yesterday.

• CookieLopBaby
                              Participant
                              29 posts Send Private Message

how interesting! Oh, and how cute that my Cookie has a twin!

• Deleted User
                                Participant

lol

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR holland lop behavior?