Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Hmm sneezing whats with that?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

WEll the bun we got sneezes a lot. Not all day like 3 times a day but several at one time and some are squeaky. It is soo cute he puts his paw to his cheek when he sneezes too. The vet at humane society looked him over b4 he came home and thought the sneezing was water in his nose or soemthing. He has no runny eyes or nose and gums look good. I checked his front feet to be sure that wasn’t crusty with mucus. So the humane society gave us some baytril. The vet doesnt’ really know why he sneezes. I didn’t want to take a chance on getting my house of buns sick. Hubby went and go baytril from humane society. I feel so bad putting this forcefully into him. His sneezing hasn’t been as bad.

I wonder why he does that. The hay I give him doesn’t have powder in it neither do his pellets. Is he dipping his nose into the water dish? Could he have an allergy?

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Usually when my bunnies are sneezy it is due to one of two things. 1) A strong scent such as perfume, soap, or other strong scents, OR 2) hay dust, some of my bunnies have a little sneeze-fest when they get a particularly dusty batch of hay.

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Just keep an eye on it. Sounds like your husband and you are right on it to get meds that would cover an infection. If nothing has changed, but yet the sneezing continues then it would be a good idea to have a vet check it out. Or am I understanding you correctly, did your husband take the bunny to the vet, or how does he just get baytril?

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

we went to the humane society where we got him from and the vet there gave us the baytril. I feel so bad for having to force feed it. Poor bun. Hubby did it yesterday. I get so scared that bun will choke or gag. I am a squemish one.

I dont’ think was hay dust or perfume. I didn’t have hay dust this time with BB hay Hurrah. And we didn’t have perfume on.

You know I wonder if it was that hand sanitizer they have us use when going from one animal to another.

Well sneezys sneezes are not as hard and no more noisy squeaks with it. HE seems to be doing better. B4 we got the Baytril it sounded to me like he was coughing. If not coughing was a really long hard loud bunch of sneezes. Poor fellow.

• wendyzski
              Participant
              1312 posts Send Private Message

If you’re worried about the meds, try mixing them into a small blob of applesauce or canned pumpkin(not pie filling) – they may lick it right off the plate!.  Pepper had to go back on meds for her pasteurella and she mostly seems happy that applesause has come back.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Hmm sneezing whats with that?