Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE hiding away

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Sarah Jones
      Participant
      99 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

Dougal had his surgery two weeks ago, at my mums, and spent two weeks at her house so that he could get over surgery, and I also had to travel for business amongst other things…

He came home with me on Sunday, and he has barely left his cage for the entire time… I leave his door open all evening, night and early morning and he barely comes out…

Is this something I should be worried about, or is he just different after his op, and a bit peeved at me for leaving him with my mum. Or worse, does he prefer my mums and now consider her house home (it is bigger and he’s become a big fan of the attic)…

i’m sad, and miss his honking and buzzy personality. I’m worried it’s gone forever or that he might not be 100% well or something! He is doing normal poos and is eating an drinking etc…

*sigh*

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

It could be a combination of things.

1st: Being in one place for two weeks, and then coming back to another place (especially after he went through surgery) could make him feel a bit insecure.  So he’s a little unsure.

2nd: He’s going through hormone changes.  It can take up to six weeks for them to die down, during which, he may feel a little funky – maybe a bit low during this time.

3rd:  The honking?  Some honking is due to a sign of wanting to mate.  So if that is the honking your talking about, that may be permanently subdued.     Jack still "honks" but it’s not as persistent.

Here are some suggestions:

Give him a little more attention than normal. 
          Offer things to peek his interest – does he like exploring? Offer boxes with entrances/exits cut out.
          It sounds like he is able to go to your mom’s place often.  If you don’t do this already, make sure that he has many of the same things in both places – same linens, toys, boxes etc.   Try to keep his pen set-up as similar as possible – same location of litterbox, food bowls etc.  That way at least he will feel at home in one area even when he’s switching between places.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE hiding away