Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hi New Here, hopefully a bunny mom soon

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • FaithD
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi, my name is Faith. We decided a few months ago that we would like to add a rabbit to our family and started doing some reading on the internet to be sure. With
        Christmas coming up we decided to find a bunny in need of a home instead of buying one. We found two people looking to rehome their bunnies. According to them it’s either find it a new home or put it in the shelter. We are still in the process of communicating with them, hopefully it works out and we can bring one of them home. Either way I decided it’s time I join a group and start learning first hand about bunny care.

Faith

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! We are happy to help you with any questions that you have.

• BunnyLiz
          Participant
          1212 posts Send Private Message

Hi and Welcome!

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

Welcome and good luck with your adoption! yay for you for adopting!

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

welcome here! that’s great that you want to rescue a bun. there are so many that need homes. anything you need, just ask!

• jerseygirl
                22345 posts Send Private Message

Great to see you’re endevouring to learn lots first! Let me tell you, it’s a continual learning process but you have certainly come to the right place.
                  Happy to hear you are adopting one. Maybe check out if the ones you’re looking at are already spayed or neutered. This would be a help to discerning their true personality and will save you the cost and worry if you have to go thru getting the op done. Of course it is optional to have this op done but it really does help with behaviour and long term health.
                  Welcome here!

• Balefulregards
                  Participant
                  715 posts Send Private Message

Yes, Welcome.

I am a New-ish Bun Mom (since May) – and I have to admit – I am not sure I will ever go without one ever again.
                    But I applaud you for re-homing/adopting. There are so many rabbits who need good homes.

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binkybunny

Thank you so much for deciding to help out bunnies that need homes! I really love bunnies as pets, they are a very sweet animal and have a lot of personality. There are a lot of misconceptions out there about bunnies, so don’t be scared if things don’t go exactly as expected at first, all of us here on the site are here to help you and answer any questions you have.

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! It’s so wonderful that you are looking iinto adopting/rescuing So why are the people giving these two bunnies up? How old are they do you know? What do they look like? When you say two people – two people with two bonded bunnies or two different people with two different bunnies?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                        Participant
                        12067 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! We’re here to support you with any questions you have-or oogle over your cute pictures of the bunny you do choose!!

• skunklionshow
                          Participant
                          1257 posts Send Private Message

All 4 of the rabbits I had were craigslist re-homers.  They were each awesome finds and I was so happy to give each a second chance.  Ask lots of questions, check out all the bunny info on this site. I don’t think I could have made it w/o Binky Bunny!!!!!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                            Participant
                            2517 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binky Bunny! It’s good to know you’re making an informed decision about getting a rabbit unlike many people who don’t realize they are as much work as a cat or dog.

As many have said, we’d be happy to help you out with anything you might need to know!

• bunnytowne
                              Participant
                              7537 posts Send Private Message

Oh boy a new member.  Hi Welcome.   We love pictures here too. There are lots of good things on this site too. Have you checked out bunny info up there in green bar

• dmh426
                                Participant
                                433 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for adopting and not purchasing a new bunny! I have had my bunny Sophie for almost 4 years and she’s the best thing I ever did. She’s free range, litter trained and very cat like in her behavior. This site is awesome. The only thing I will say though….SPAY AND NEUTER! It does so much for the rabbits personality. With boy rabbits who are unneutered, they tend to be aggressive and spray urine. Females have a condition where their uterus tends to become toxic to them at a certain age if they are never bred. Basically, it’s the best thing healthwise you can do for your bunny.

I highly **HIGHLY** suggest the books Rabbits for Dummies. It will answer literally every question you could have. It’s kinda my “what to expect when you’re expecting”for bunny parents!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hi New Here, hopefully a bunny mom soon