Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hi everyone

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Belle
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, I’m new here.
        I just joined today as I very sadly lost my beautiful 3 year old Netherland dwarf doe to a internal condition last night.
        She was absolutely stunning in every way and was like a little dog in only ways other rabbit owners such as yourselves
        Will understand. I got the call from my mum last night who had found her in her cage lifeless by her litter tray. She often
        lay stretched out on her side and flopped alongside you so I wouldn’t generally be concerned however she does not sleep near her
        litter tray and does this by her bed only or on the floor or your bed if you have her out. We rushed her straight to the
        vets who said he could either send her home with fluids but she would likely die in the night as she was very sick as something
        had failed internally (apparently quite common and just chance whether bunny develops it or not) he told my mum specifically what
        it was that was wrong but I don’t know all details yet as I wasn’t in the mood to talk about what was wrong. I chose to get her euthanised at
        the vets last night which I am very proud of as I know I thought of her rather than myself. I am very shocked as I expected her
        To live for a long time yet as she was a pure dwarf and so healthy and vibrant. I am taking comfort in knowing that she had such a great life
        she was always with company, lived inside and freeranged during the day and was so tame and comfortable around us. Having pets had helped teach me
        lots of important things like learning to grieve and move on happily whilst always tempering my pets and also to know how
        to make some tough decisions and take responsibility. She was very loved by everyone and although I only told 1 person at my
        school (who had met her and loved her!) I had a good day and though it is sad and I cried all last jight and am crying as I write this
        I am very glad to have had her in my life as she had such amazing personality and character. I know that I am beginning to
        accept and process this positively rather than completely sadly and have enjoyed looking through my photos and videos and
        remembering her at her best. I am happy that this was a sudden turn as she didn’t suffer and was happy when left that morning
        and passed peacefully at the vets the same night. I feel a lot better today than I did last night and though I am shocked and upset I
        know she had a great life and that there is absolutely nothing I could have done and this is something I have learned to accept
        With pets. I am sure I will be ready to welcome a new bun into my life soon as I have left most of my sadness behind and am
        thinking positively about everything now but I am not planning on rushing into things. It took a lot of looking to find her
        As she was my perfect bun and wouldn’t change anything for the world. However I may begin to look for a new bun soon and am
        Just going to see how I feel. I am planning on buying a pot indoor plant to have in my room and will put a little marker on it and maybe a picture.
        I just thought I would join to talk to people who will properly understand and will also be able to share my new journey with whenever
        Begins. Thankyou for reading all of that

• Wick & Fable
        5810 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to the BB community Belle. Your dedication and love are so evident in your post. I have no doubts your nethie knew your love and is binkying free, knowing what a life full of love and companionship is like. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of both the BB and rabbit owner community.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Belle
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Wick on 2/06/2018 5:38 PM
            Welcome to the BB community Belle. Your dedication and love are so evident in your post. I have no doubts your nethie knew your love and is binkying free, knowing what a life full of love and companionship is like. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of both the BB and rabbit owner community.

Thankyou so much, I am glad the time we had together was happy and we had such a great relationship hopefully I can pass this on to my next bun whenever the occasion comes around

• Luna
            Participant
            2219 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I’m sorry about your bun. Please feel free to share any pics or additional stories of her.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hi everyone