Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A herbal/medicinal remedies for rabbit anxiety?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • caitlin
      Participant
      20 posts Send Private Message

hi! i am going to be taking my bunny to college with me and it will be about a 5 hour car trip. she does not like being in the car, although whose bunny does! so i was looking into either herbal anxiety remedies and/or actual medication to help soothe her car anxiety. does anyone have any recommendations?

• Wick & Fable
        5770 posts Send Private Message

I think the most helpful thing is at least one small break in the car ride where there’s an offer of water, hay, veggies, and pellets. I don’t know of any guaranteed ways but if theres anything your rabbit finds especially comforting, like a small toy or blanket, that might be nice to include in the carrier. If there is anxiety about the carrier, you can set the carrier and leave it open in your rabbit’s space so shes used to it and can even opt to start feeding her in it so she associates it with security and happy thoughts.

Out of curiosity, are you living in a dorm or off campus? Is this your first time bringing her there? Will you have roommates with access to her?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• caitlin
          Participant

hi! thank you for the tips!!

to answer your questions, we will be on campus in a dorm. it is for the first time as well! and my school has amazing dorms so luckily i have my own room in my dorm :0 i do have a roomate but she has her own separate room, so my bunny will still be able to free roam my room there 🙂

• Wick & Fable
            5770 posts Send Private Message

Unsure if it’s your first year or not (no need to disclose!), but transitioning to a college dorm can be a pretty chaotic transition for a rabbit. It will probably be noisy at sporadic times, and your responsibilities which take you out of your room may impact your rabbit’s expected level of social interaction. Just be mindful of balancing pet responsibilities and college responsibilities, and monitor how your rabbit is react to the environment.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
              8901 posts Send Private Message

I also imagined you have looked into this, but are you certain your campus will allow your rabbit in your dorm room?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Dface
                Participant
                1084 posts Send Private Message

My vet prescribed nutracalm for my buns before we moved country (12 hour journey) .

I have also heard good things about Pet Remedy small animal bonding and calming spray.

However it is still worth being prepared for your bunny to go into shock and to know the symptoms and how to act.
                  I would also encourage you to do your research and find a rabbit savvy vet near your new accommodation BEFORE you arrive, so if she does get ill soon after your arrival you’ll know where to go. I would also say if you are driving to be able to plot out where the rabbit savvy vets are en route. This way if there is an emergency you can get her to them quickly without just complete panic.

• caitlin
                  Participant

yes i am prepared to make sure she will be as comfortable as possible. she is my entire world. im an introvert so i’ll only really be out of my dorm for classes, but she’s used to be being gone during the day for school! i’ve been doing a couple things to prepare her as well, like i got an area rug to get my scent and her scent onto it to bring it to college so that it’s a familiar smell.

• caitlin
                    Participant

yes she is allowed. she is my registered ESA, so me and my college have already discussed everything about it : )

• caitlin
                      Participant

thank you so much! and yes i’ve already got her emergency kit ready with critical care, gas relief drops, etc : ) i also have a couple vets to choose from by my college

• DanaNM
                        8901 posts Send Private Message

Ok good just checking!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A herbal/medicinal remedies for rabbit anxiety?