Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Help! Worried Bindi is gonna get sick!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

I let Bindi out to run tonight and after not seeing him for a bit found him in my closet nibbling on a piece of bread crust. I don’t know where he got it or how much he ate, but he’s not used to eating anything "not for bunnies". Do you think he’s gonna get sick!

I’m totally freaking out! Especially since I have a kitten who just got over a near-fatal illness this past week. Should I be worried and if so what should I do????

• Hannah
        Participant
        274 posts Send Private Message

My guess would be as long as it wasn’t a lot of bread and it wasn’t moldy, he should be okay. Starchy things aren’t good for rabbits, but it’s not like it was a chocolate muffin, right? I don’t know, how do others feel on this? If you’re really worried, just watch for strange behavior– if something’s wrong, you’ll probably know.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Just relax, I agree Bindi should be O.K. and may have some runny poo, keep an eye on the litterbox and see if he displays any signs of being in pain, bloated, hunched up or otherwise ill like not eating drinking or pooping. It wasn’t moldy I assume and just basically a dry crouton? I think everything will be just fine.

I am so sorry to hear about the kitten, what happened?

• MarkBun
            Participant
            2842 posts Send Private Message

Bindi should be fine. He might have some runny poo for a day or two but as long as he’s eating and going potty, he should be fine. I have a g/f who gives her bunny dorito’s and goldfish crackers (no matter how much I try to tell her not to) and the bun’s been getting them for almost 2 years now and she’s still doin’ fine. It often has some bathroom issues but it is still alive and happy.

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

What a sneaky little bunny I agree with everyone else to keep an eye on his poops, and make sure that he is eating and pooping in general (to make sure he hasn’t gotten himself “clogged”). Every once and awhile I catch one of my buns with a mysterious something that they have decided to pick up and eat, so its not unusual for a bunny to get a few non-rabbit food items in their system. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to get something out of a bunnies mouth once they’ve gotten it in there? Anyways, he’ll probably be fine, just keep an eye on the poops!

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

It is amazing what they can find around the house, despite  being such meticulous house keepers. I have to watch out for leaves dropping from my house plants. If he beats me to it, I have to chase him down, tackle him and hope I can get the remains.

• LittlePuffyTail
                  18092 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for all the replies. He is fine today so I assume he will be okay, the little bugger.

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

I don’t blame you for being scared. They are such sensitive creatures and yet it seems like they seek out trouble. Little buggers is right.

• Gravehearted
                      Participant
                      2428 posts Send Private Message

oo glad to hear he’s ok now. it is stressful worrying about your bun potentially getting sick!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Help! Worried Bindi is gonna get sick!