Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR HELP SHE GOT BITTEN in her nose!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • The Goddess
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

HELP SHE GOT BIT!!!

Help she got bitten from my other bunny misha. I don’t know how it happen but they got fight and we found out lily bitten from her and have hole near her nose. I’m not sure if this will heal or need some stitches. And all of the vet in my area even other area is close. This happen yesterday Saturday and today we didn’t do anything for her since vet is closed. Any everyones opinion. :’(

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like you need to keep your rabbits separated for now. Did you see the fight happen? I’m wondering if the injury could be from anything else or if there are other injuries. For now, it’s important to keep the area clean. As long as your rabbit is continuing to eat and poop as usual, it can probably wait until you can have a rabbit vet look at it closely during the week.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• The Goddess
            Participant

Hi Wick! I appreciate your time and effort sharing your thoughts. Misha and lily ( the one got bitten ) they’re always fighting now. When lily is baby, misha is always giving her love and then when the lily is growing up she starting to fight misha (brown bunny) and i figured that lily is the problem since she’s growing up. Now, she’s spayed now it’s opposite like misha is always fighting lily after that it keeps happening even when i let them outside. So, now this happen. My fam says that lily jumped to the cage while misha is out of the cage in the living room and then they’re starting to fight. It happen around morning. I would say it’s 6 months overall that they kept fighting and don’t like each other. I really don’t know if i can get them together. By the way misha is been with for almost 4 yrs while lily is 9 months old. I got misha when she’s 1 month old and lily is 2 months old. Do u think my bunny needs stitches??

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

It’s hard to tell in the pictures if she needs stitches. It doesn’t look serious enough though that it can’t wait until Monday. I would still have a vet look at it when you can though, you don’t want it to get infected.

• The Goddess
                Participant

Thank you for ur response and time. I appreciate it!

• DanaNM
                8930 posts Send Private Message

Ah, very stressful! I just had a bun jump a fence, and thank goodness I was home or it could have been very bad. Now I’ve made the fences much taller!

It’s hard to tell from the picture about stitches, I think having the vet check it out on Monday would be OK.

This probably goes without saying, but please be 100% sure your rabbits cannot interact with each other at all (even outside). You will need to reinforce their housing areas so they can’t get to each other. At this point since they have fought badly and repeatedly, if you want to have a hope of bonding them, they need several weeks of no contact (preferably not even being able to see or smell each other) so they can forget about the fighting.  Rabbits can hold a grudge, so when they fight like this is just makes them want to fight more.

Once they have healed (and both are spayed) etc, you can start from scratch with pre-bonding, and we are happy to help you along with that process.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• The Goddess
                    Participant

I did what you advice, I hope this helps them away from stress, negative and hate each other. I want them to bond at the end of the day and see each other happy running around, grooming each other. Thank you for the good advice i feel like it will help them. thank you so much for time and i really appreciate it! -sasha-

• DanaNM
                    8930 posts Send Private Message

You’re welcome, happy to hear it. 🙂 Give them some extra snuggles while they settle down and heal. <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR HELP SHE GOT BITTEN in her nose!!!