Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help needed! Bunny under a deck!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Berrymom
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is hiding underneath my deck and wouldn’t come out no matter what I do.   I am sure he wasn’t trapped because I can see white fur moving from one part of the deck to another part.  I also saw him out and when I got out to grab him, he went right back in.  He is hiding from me. I tried several things even with his favorite treat banana.  Any suggestions to get him out before the sunset?

This is how it happenned.  I let my bunny playing in my fenced yard today since weather was really nice.  He has been doing this every week since spring has come and seem to enjoy it.  There were about  4 in clearance under the deck, so I got some bricks to have it blocked. Today, he some how moved one of the bricks and was able to crawl under the deck.  Please help me out if you have any suggestions.

• Berrymom
        Participant
        2 posts Send Private Message

Sun has set already and he is still under there!!! What do I do now…………….

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

You must be fretting! I have sort of been in this situation before. It would be an absolute haven to your rabbit under there! Try block of all escapes except one. Put his food bowl outside of this exit, some hay and litter box if he uses one. Then I’d suggest keep quietly out of sight but watch for him to come out.

• jerseygirl

Another thing to try is as above, provide only one way out, then go around deck to the opposite site of this exit and prod him toward the exit. Make your presence known at this end, he’ll likely scoot over to the exit end. If you go back around to the exit, he’ll probably just go back under so you may have to wait until he’s all the way out, then quickly block of the hole.

Edit: Ok, now I’m thinking, if it’s already dark, maybe leave the door open and put his food out where you normally do.  He may just come out on his own terms.  They tend to stick to their routine, so if it’s food time normally, he may come looking for it.  If this fails, THEN maybe try the other suggestions above.  Good Luck!

• 3crazybuns
              Participant
              222 posts Send Private Message

Oh gosh, I have no suggestions other than what Jerseygirl has already said…please let us know when you get him out!!!

• wendyzski
                Participant
                1312 posts Send Private Message

No concrete suggestions, but good wishes that explorer-bun comes out soon!

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh Yikes! Well I hope you have been able to get him out by now! I know you don’t want to leave him there overnight. Just an added tip to Jerseygirls suggestion – I would put treats inside of the carrier and then that way he may be more likely to go in since it’s still sort of “enclosed” feeling and then just watch patiently.

How big is your deck? Also, is there anyway you and a friend can crawl underneath the deck? I know I would be scared of widows and such, but maybe someone can help you with all of this. Or have one person use a broom to shoo him to one side so another person can catch him.

Keep us updated! Wishing you the best of luck!

• PEPPA GEORGIE
                    Participant
                    268 posts Send Private Message

Oh you poor thing i do hope he is out now. Years ago we had a similar situation but worse as my bunny syrup managed to get under a fence and into our neighbours garden who has a large dog. i was beside myself couldnt find him or see him under all the overgrown part of the garden, i even climbed over the fence all sorts. We got the neighbour to check but nothing and it got darker and darker. I went to bed crying believing i would never see my bunny again and it was too dark to see anything else. However after a long sleepless night i looked out of the window and there he was proud as punch sat in middle of our garden. I have never run downstairs and out as fast desperately going to the hole so he couldnt escape again. Blocked it off and bunny all safe.
                      At least you know where he is and i am sure he will come out and be safe. Fingers crossed for you xx

• jerseygirl

margarette, I see you’re not a regular poster on here but do hope you’ll give us an update. Is the rascal out and is he ok?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                        Participant
                        12067 posts Send Private Message

Please update!!!

For getting them out of somewhere-make one side seem ‘safe’ (as in no one standing there) and then poke with something from the other side-maybe a broom with a bag taped to the end. Make noise-poke-from just one side-make it an undeseirable spot to hide-and you’ll want to frighten the bunny out *fingers crossed*

• bunnytowne
                          Participant
                          7537 posts Send Private Message

Did your bunny come out? did you get bun safe inside the house again? 

What a frightening situation for you.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                            Participant
                            12067 posts Send Private Message

Any update?

• somebunny
                              Participant
                              168 posts Send Private Message

my bunny always does this to us by going behind our bed, it’s really frustrating…she goes behind there where we can’t reach and doesn;t want to come out – growling and all. we usually have to bribe her out with a banana and quickly grab her while she’s distracted. very stressful!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help needed! Bunny under a deck!