Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE Help Naming Mr. Kitten

This topic contains 48sd replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Azerane 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Azerane

I’m really starting to struggle with names here. For those who may not know we’re getting a new kitten in 3 weeks. He’s a boy and you can see his pic and one with his siblings in the chat thread here: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/168893/afpg/2/Default.aspx

Imagine a cat that’s a beautiful deep rusty colour with black ticking and the tail of a fox. That’ll be my boy when he’s all grown up

I have always wanted to name a cat Simba, and really this is my chance, but I just don’t know if it’s him. I’m sure I’d get used to it and the name would attach to him eventually, but I’m just not sure.

Hubby is bad at getting back to me with name ideas so that’s where you guys come in

My few other thoughts so far:

Ember (hubby didn’t like this one)

Linden (after a dragon character in a book, but also red like Linden berries)

Fox/Little Fox, or something Fox-related or fox character names

Finnick

Quill

…and that’s all I’ve got for now. Jasiri’s name is Swahili so something that matches with that is another option. Fox in Swahili is mbweha which isn’t exactly catchy, haha.

I might have to browse through some books for character names.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

I really love Ember! But I love anything related to fire. There’s so much energy behind it. I also really like Fox because he kinda looks like a fox.

LittlePuffyTail

Ooooh, I didn’t know you were getting a new kitty!!! What beautiful colours!!!

What about Mischal, which means “Torch” in Arabic? Or “Todd” which means Fox?

DanaNM

EEEEEEE! So cute!

I like Finnick! Although he does look very wild, so Simba would be cute!

If you wanna go with the Swahili/ Lion King theme, Rafiki might suit him more (I also tend to like names that end in “I” for cats), and means “friend”!

jerseygirl

Okay, some more suggestions!

Kion (Lions guard)
    Djimon (Swahili name)
    Swahili words
    Tamu (sweet)
    Kutu (rust)
    Tamaa (covet)
    Moyo (heart)
    Tamani (yearn)
    Taka (desired)
    Somali words
    Riyo (the dream)
    Casaan (red)
    Jacyl (love) kinda cool because jackal is like fox also.

I really like Djimon! It is meant to mean “one who has strong blood; powerful person”.
    http://www.momjunction.com/baby-names/swahili/boy/

Sonn
    Participant

OMG so cute! I am terrible at names my cats are literally Popcorn (because he’s white), Tiger (because he’s orange), and Little Miss (because she’s small and female) LOL.

But I love Ember, Little Fox, Finnick, and Tamu.

LBJ10

Mulder!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist. ;p

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

No new suggestions here but choosing the ones I like out of the names given so far. Basically concurring with Dana. I like Finnick and Simba. Finnick sounds foxy to me because of the “F” I suppose. Foxy Finnick. Finnick the fox. Phoenix the fox. Felix the cat! (Kidding…does anyone remember that black and white cartoon cat ages ago? Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat…)

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

Jameel is beautiful…
    Aaagni … is a type of fire
    Laal is red
    Char just because it sounds cool if we are talking dragons
    And I will be back with more

Sr. Melangell
    Participant

Tom as in Tom Kitten?
    Or Yoshi as in dragon?

Azerane

Thank you for all the suggestions. My apologies I hadn’t gotten back to this thread before now. I’m still completely undecided.

On the plus side, we are visiting today That will hopefully give me a better idea of his personality and I think getting to try out the names on him will help me decide whether I like them or not Will have to add a few to my list after reading through this thread

Here he is last week One more week until he comes home!!

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Beautiful! I love the dark pointed accents under and around his eyes. I’m leaning more towards Simba now.

LBJ10

Mulder, definitely looks like a Fox Mulder. Just saying.

Azerane

Our visit went great ? They have grown so much and his personality is really starting to come through. He’s the reserved one of the litter and sits back to watch and contemplate rather than jumping straight in like his sisters. I think he’ll be a real sweetheart and slightly less rambunctious than Jasiri. He was reluctant to be picked up but once I had him in my arms he settled down quite nicely for a little cuddle and seems to like me well enough.

Still completely undecided on names. Hubby is starting to prefer Kion to match with Jasiri, but I just don’t know. Maybe I could just give him five names to cover all my bases.

Hazel
    Participant

Well, you know what my name suggestion is!

Besides Tod, I got Shippo (fox demon from Inuyasha) and Tomoe, also a fox demon. Also, not fox related, but I do like Spencer for a red cat.

Oh my god, he’s SO CUTE!!! 

LittlePuffyTail

Beautiful!!!!!

Bam

Mulder isnt bad. No-sirree? (To go with Yasiri of course. But perhaps not.)

He’s so pretty it almost hurts!

How do you like Vos? (The o is short) It’s Dutch for fox, and the word sounds like the movement of a fast air current.

Azerane

Ooh, I do like Vos. Another one to add to the list I’ve been considering Tamu as well, otherwise at this current point in time Quill has been pulling at me more than the other names. Hubby suggested Flynn, which is nice but not sure it’s right.

Also Spencer is cute People names for animals are fun

LittlePuffyTail

Also Spencer is cute People names for animals are fun

Agreed!!!! I have a Kyle, Elara, Fae (short for Fable) and a Fergus.

Jasiri and Simba. Absobloominlutely !!!!!

Simba it is for me.

He actually looks like a Steve !!

Gordo and Janice
    Participant

Just having fun now.

Still like Simba (high five to Vienna). He looks like a cat’s cat and definitely has some royalty about his appearance.

There is Phoenix but spelled Fenix because of F for fox. Combining the fire/flame theme and fox themes…..

And finally Zeus. Little Zeus. He definitely looks supreme after all.

Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 10/02/2018 3:44 AM

Jasiri and Simba. Absobloominlutely !!!!!

Simba it is for me.

He actually looks like a Steve !!

You say Steve, and the first thing I think of is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjs43yQtwfI

I think Quill is sticking for now. Still not 100% certain but I keep getting pulled back to it.

Azerane

I think I got my little man’s pictures mixed up on the previous page with the one I added. His sisters each have a different coloured collar, but I recall now when we went to visit, one of his sisters was missing her collar, and in some of the photos there is clearly a girl with the yellow collar, but in other photos only two of the girls have collars. I think I may have added a pic of one of his cheeky sisters Oh well, they all look mostly the same, lol. He’s darker than his sisters in person (or is it in cat?)

Jasiri and Quill……. quite hard saying QU-ill…. even with me putting on my Aussie accent….
    It’ll stick or it’ll change… Strainer drainer, tomarto, tomayto…..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.