Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Help me edit Wilkipedia!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • poopy
      Participant
      684 posts Send Private Message

I was looking at Wilkipedia’s domestic rabbit and rabbit articles and I found some alarming information in there, like talking about keeping rabbits outside in a hutch. I edited it out and tried to quickly write in some other information Housing Info about free roam, X-pens, and Condos. However I’m not the best person to do this. BinkyBunny, do you think you would want to copy some of your information in there? Please feel free to delete some of the stuff I quickly wrote in. I was just trying to come up with stuff to delete over the horrible section on outdoor housing.

The sections that need attention are:
        -Housing: We need NIC condo pix
        -Need a section on Litter Box training
        -Need a section on the importance on neutering
        -The "Acquiring a rabbit" section totally needs attention! Needs to talk about adopting! Not buying from breeders!
        -Diet section needs editing

BB, I also added your website on the external links section hehe. And a few pictures of my rabbits

Here is the article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Rabbit

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Good suggestions. I’ll have to go check it out. A while back I looked up rabbits on wikipedia, and they used to have a "house rabbit" section.   I’ve also seen good things actually come and go.  I’m not sure who edits stuff out or how it works, but I don’t know why that happens.

I probably won’t have a chance to actually go in there and edit anything until I can get some of BinkyBunny stuff up to date – like add new pics & video to the photo and video gallery, add great houseproofing & bonding tips, put up the new toytest, add the third camera to the webcam, add four new products in the  store, add rental agreement sample, writeup and send out the next newsletter, etc etc etc…bla bla bla.

So, I’ll try to add to the wikipedia little by litte overtime.  I actually own the rights to the domain rabbitpedia (right now it just redirects to binkybunny.com) but it was going to be similar to the wikipedia setup. I just have to be able to make sure my attention can be on it enough to make sure bogus info isn’t entered in, and I just don’t have the time right now.

Anyway, I think its wonderful that you want to make sure people know how to properly care for their bunnies! Even with all the info we have, education about house rabbits still needs to be spread!  And wikipedia is a great resource to work on.   Thanks for adding BinkyBunny to the external links!

I’m putting a reminder into my online calendar to check wikipedia later.   Thanks again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Help me edit Wilkipedia!