Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help! Hugo isn’t acting right UPDATE TONIGHT

Viewing 92 reply threads
  • Author
    • AbbyGirl
      Participant
      921 posts Send Private Message

I just got home and Hugo isn’t ating right.  Normally he would be all over us for attention and food from being home alone all day.  When I got in he was sitting up and holding his head funny.  He hasn’t eatten all day and hasn’t drank almost any water.  He doesn’t want to be bothered and is laying in the corner holding his head slightly tip?  he seems to be dropping an ear towards the ground.  I also noticed he hasn’t really gone to the bathroom like he usually does (all over the place because he’s mad about being locked up).  The emergancy vet near here doesn’t see many rabbits and charges almost $100.  I have no idea what to do.  Any thoughts?

• AbbyGirl
        Participant

I just offered him his pellets and he had trouble getting into his bowl. I put them on the floor but he does not seem to want to eat them.

• RabbitPam
          11002 posts Send Private Message

I would still call the emergency vet. If it’s head tilt, the sooner you catch it the better they respond to treatment and recover. Maybe you can call your own vet who is experienced and get her to consult with you over the phone, then have her help direct you to a good emergency vet if she agrees it’s a crisis. I would NOT wait.

• AbbyGirl
            Participant

Thank you. I called that place back. My vet does not have an emergency number. They just refer to this place and so does every other vet in the area. We’re leaving now. I’ll keep you updated.

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh Amy – please keep us updated on Hugo. I hope he’s okay! That is definitely not like Hugo.

• GrumpyBun
                Participant
                643 posts Send Private Message

I am hoping for the best, and thinking of you.

Keep us updated please! We all have a soft spot for Hugo now. Many vibes for (((((((((((Hugo)))))))))))

• AbbyGirl
                  Participant

Thanks guys. I just got home. I paid $100 for the vet to come in and say “oh, he does have a tilt to his head”, he also has a red and inflamed eye and his lower lid is drooping. She also said he had some wax in his ear. All on the left side. She had no idea why and told me out right that she does not work with rabbits. So I asked her what I could do to get him through the weekend until he could see his vet. I’m suppose to syringe feed him his food and water to make sure he’s getting it. Is there a way to soften his pellets to do that?

• mocha200
                    Participant
                    4486 posts Send Private Message

i have heard you are supposed to crush the pellets. and then add water to make it go through the syringe.

• mocha200
                      Participant

just looked. your supposed to do 50/50 water and pellets.

• AbbyGirl
                        Participant

Thanks. I couldn’t get him to take it. The shelter I got him from told me to get some baby food to get him to at least eat. I can’t get him to drink any water. Can I add juice or something to it?

• Michelle&Lolli
                          Participant
                          2347 posts Send Private Message

You can add some apple juice to water to sweeten it.

• Monkeybun
                            Participant
                            10479 posts Send Private Message

Oh dear… it would have to be a weekend

Head tilt can be very very serious if not dealt with immediately… I hope the vet can fix him Monday.

• FluffyBunny
                              Participant
                              1263 posts Send Private Message

((((vibes for you and Hugo))))

Unfortunately, I can’t be of much help. Hopefully, the head tilt won’t get much worse until Monday. Keep us updated.

• mocha200
                                Participant

make sure there is no sugar added in the apple juice.

• AbbyGirl
                                  Participant

Thanks everyone. I only buy 100% juice for my girls to drink so there won’t be any sugar added. I was able to get him to eat some baby food too. It’s better than nothing I guess. He wouldn’t eat the pellets. He did take a pellet out of my hand, tried to chew it, dropped it back in my hand and ran away. I noticed tonight that he now has a white discharge from the eye that is swollen and red.

• Michelle&Lolli
                                    Participant

And you’re still giving him baytril right? i wonder why that isn’t helping then. Awe hugs to you both! I will keep both of you in my prayers. I know how horrible it is to have a sick rabbit and no vet available on the weekend.

• Sarita
                                      Participant

Yes, try anything to get him to eat. I think he may need something stronger than baytril but at least he is taking some antibiotics. Huge vibes to Hugo!!!

• AbbyGirl
                                        Participant

Thank you! I really appreciate that. Yes he is still on the Baytril.

• mocha200
                                          Participant

If only it wasn’t a weekend! I hope he feels better soon. i will keep him in my prayers too.

• Beka27
                                            Participant
                                            16016 posts Send Private Message

Poor Hugo! Since you JUST noticed it, and you’re getting him in on Monday, he should hopefully be fine! Some people don’t notice, or choose to ignore, and wait awhile and then it is not reversible. In the meantime, can you read some info about head tilt so you know what tests/meds to expect on Monday?

(HUGO!)

If you haven’t already, can you call your vet and leave a message that you will be coming in Monday morning first thing, so they can expect you? And if I were you, after seeing the vet Monday, I would speak with her and tell her about your bad experience with the ER vet. She needs to realize what kind of person her clients are being referred too… and that they are NOT helpful or concerned in the least. If they don’t “see rabbits”, your vet either needs to refer to someone else for her rabbit clients, or make herself available to rabbit owners on the weekend, at the very least for a phone consult to get them thru to Monday. If your vet cannot understand the importance of this (esp. in light of Hugo’s health history) I think you need to look for a new primary vet. I’m not pleased with some of the ways you said she has handled things already, and in my book, this is the last straw.

• AbbyGirl
                                              Participant

Beka, I will write down what you have said I should ask so I do not forget. Thanks for your help. I’ll keep everyone posted.
                                                Last night he took a pellet out of my hand, bit down, dropped it and ran away. This morning I noticed that his top teeth are not in like with his bottom teeth anymore. They only over lap one of them instead of both. Not sure what that can mean. The shelter told me this could all be from the Pasturella and that his future does not look good. =( Needless to say, I did not sleep last night.

• Beka27
                                                Participant

:o(

I hope that’s not the case. He is such a special guy and I really want him to be safe and happy and healthy. You’re providing such a wonderful home for him.

Was he ever actually tested for Pasteurella. It seemed like your vet just said he had it, but did not test for it (unless she did and I missed it). You can never assume a rabbit has anything, esp since “snuffles”/ Pasteurella symptoms can be caused by other things too. He needs to be tested for E. Cunniculi also as that is often the reason for head tilt.

• Beka27
                                                  Participant

This article talks a lot about meds for EC… http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/treatment.shtml

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/jilly.shtml

Great HRS article including specific tests and things to look for in an exam… http://www.rabbit.org/health/tilt.html

• AbbyGirl
                                                    Participant

Thanks. I’ve noticed a few new symptoms from him today. His nose is now wet and he has a drip from his mouth. He’s making little puddles every where. It’s like he’s not swallowing. I just don’t know what to do for him until tomorrow.

• Sarita
                                                      Participant

I think just keep him warm and do the best that you can – continue trying to feed him and keep him on the baytril.

See if your vet has critical care to syringe feed him.

Vibes to Hugo and hugs to you.

• FluffyBunny
                                                        Participant

If his teeth still aren’t touching together properly, he might have some trouble getting his mouth closed just right to swallow.

I suppose all you can do today is to continue watching him and trying to make him eat. Continued vibes to Hugo.

And you try to relax, too. Just remember that you’re doing all you can, and that there’s plenty of bunnies who recover from Pasteurella and head tilt – especially if it’s caught early.

• AbbyGirl
                                                          Participant

Well, he is now rejecting the applesauce and the carrot baby food. He acts like he is in pain when I put it in his mouth and he kicks to get away. He seems so uncomfortable. I was able to get a hold of the shelter and they said there was no one qualified to see him in the area on a weekend. I’m just hopeful to get his through the night at this point. Thanks for all your help. I’ll let you know what happens tomorrow.

• Michelle&Lolli
                                                            Participant

I’m still praying for you, your family and Hugo!

All you can do is try to keep him comfortable if he’ll let you. I would continue to try to feed him too. Don’t need his gut shutting down too.

• AbbyGirl
                                                              Participant

Just wanted everyone to know that I was able to get Hugo to eat some fresh apple and banana slices.

• Sarita
                                                                Participant

I’m so glad to hear that…please, please keep us updated. You and Hugo will continue to be in my thoughts. He’s become very precious to me and so has his family so I am praying for him and you.

• mocha200
                                                                  Participant

oh thats good that you got him to eat a little keep trying to feed him more. have you tried the pellet/water mix today?

• AbbyGirl
                                                                    Participant

Thank you Sarita. You have been such a help to us.
                                                                      Yes Mocha, I have. He will have nothing to do with it.
                                                                      I got him to eat a small amount of romaine lettuce too. I made sure I rinsed it really well and that it was really wet when he ate it. I will definitely let you know what the vet says tomorrow or if anything changes. Thanks for being there for me! I really appreciate it.

• cactuspancake
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      536 posts Send Private Message

Oh man… I feel really bad hearing about Hugo… My heart is definitely out to you both. Good luck at the vet, I want to hear an update on your bunny! <3<3<3<3<3
                                                                        -Natasha

• RabbitPam
                                                                        Moderator

Oh, gosh, I am so sorry it is getting worse for him on a weekend.
                                                                          You already did what I was thinking, which was soaking any food he is willing to eat. If his head is tilting he may just be unable to align his teeth properly to eat, leading to some drool and nose running. (Being an optimist here.) You have caught it early, and with Beka’s suggestions, just show up tomorrow early at the vet and see what she can do for him. Meanwhile, we are all praying for him to have a restful night and not get any worse.

Yummy, wet nanners, Hugo. Eat them up. I’m also thinking a little pureed unsweetened pumpkin. Baby food or otherwise.
                                                                          {{{{{{{{{{{Healing vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}

• AbbyGirl
                                                                          Participant

So just go when they open without calling? I can’t leave a message there.

• RabbitPam
                                                                            Moderator

Several people have said they had success in the case of an emergency by being there when the doors open. It is best to connect by phone to say you’re coming of course, and if they have an appointment you might have to wait, but in this case it really does seem like an emergency and they should fit you in soon.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                              Participant

OK, thank you. They open at 9. I will let you know what I find out.

• Sarita
                                                                                Participant

Just show up! I would – they may just let you drop him off, but if you have a sick rabbit, you should just show up. It’s an emergency and you need to see a vet.

• nugget
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                  161 posts Send Private Message

Best of luck to you and Hugo….I hope to hear good news tomorrow!

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                    Participant

Thank you.
                                                                                      I have another question. Since he has been drooling all day his fur under his chin, around his moth and on his chest is soaking wet. Should I try to dry him off a little? He doesn’t really like me touching around his jaw and mouth right now. Just not sure if I should or if I should leave him alone.

• mocha200
                                                                                      Participant

I hope all goes well! you and your family and hugo are in my prayers!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                        22338 posts Send Private Message

Goodness Amy, I’m sorry to be reading this. Poor Hugo! Sending out lots of healing vibes for the big guy.
                                                                                          {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugo}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• LizzieKnittyBun
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                          2147 posts Send Private Message

Good luck Amy!! It would hard not to care about Hugo, so we’re all counting on updates!

• LoveChaCha
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                            6634 posts Send Private Message

YES, I would just take lil Hugo in as soon as the vet opens! Emergencies DO come first at vet clinics!!

(VIBES to you and Hugo)

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                              Participant

Thanks everyone. Hugo laid in our bed with us last night from 10:30-6:00. I’m trying to keep my mind occupied with packing for the next 30 minutes before I can leave with him. He seems so weak this morning.

• Karla
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                1624 posts Send Private Message

Oh, poor Hugo – and you. My thoughts will be with you. I hope the vet knows how to treat him so he is back on his feet very soon.

Have him checked for both E. Cuniculi and Pastereulla as they can both cause torticollis (head tilt) but need different treatment.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                  Participant

Well, Hugo stayed at the vet’s office. His temp is over 104 and they are giving him sub-q fluids. They don’t know if it’s Pasturella or The E Cuniculi. She said either way they need to to the panel for that and 2 different blood work ups to find out exactly what is wrong and that he will be dealing with it for the rest of his life. Each test costs over $100.

• Sarita
                                                                                                    Participant

I’m glad you took him in – that temperature is very high. Didn’t she already test for pasturella though? I know that is a culture.

The EC test is from bloodwork – they send off a titer for that.

• LizzieKnittyBun
                                                                                                      Participant

Oh, poor Hugo. I’m so sorry, Amy. Is there any chance they can “cure” him of whatever it is?

• Sarita
                                                                                                        Participant

I just read that a normal rabbit temperature is 101 to 103 so it’s high and hopefully the vet can get the temperature down.

Did the emergency vet even take his temperature?

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                          Participant

The culture cam back as no growth so she said she would do the blood work for it. I guess it’s 3 tests then. They said there was no cure but it could be managed. She’s not sure what his life will be now. She’s not even sure if he’ll pull through today.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                            Participant

Yes Sarita, they did. She said she didn’t know if it was normal because they don’t usually see rabbits.

• Sarita
                                                                                                              Participant

Oh Amy, I hope he pulls through. Continued vibes. Keep us updated. I know this is hard for you and your family. I know the titer takes about a week to get back and most vets will start treating for EC if they suspect the rabbit has this even before the test comes back. Can you talk to her about treating for this along with the baytril? There are a number of different protocols for treating EC.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                Participant

She also mentioned the abscesses spreading to his jaw, eyes and brain. I’m trying to contact the shelter to see if I can get any assistance. I am at a point where I can not afford the test or treatments.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                  Participant

Totally understandable – let us know what the shelter says.

• Karla
                                                                                                                    Participant

I’m so sorry to read all this, Amy. I really hope he pulls through and that he will have a healthy life afterwards. I am sure the vet would not ask you to go through all these things, if she did not believe he could lead a happy and healthy life afterwards. That would be rather unethical.

So keep up hope and hopefully there will be good news for you tomorrow morning. I have a bunny living with E.Cuniculi, so should this be it, then I have lots of tips for boosting the immune system and fighting the parasite.

Best of luck!! >>>>Lots of vibes for Hugo<<<<<

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you. My husband said to just call back and we’ll max another credit card. I think I’m holding up better than he is. =( I called back and am waiting to hear back from the Dr.
                                                                                                                        Thanks Karla. That is really encouraging right now.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                        Participant

Amy, have you looked into Care Credit? Ask your vets office if they take this and they can explain how it works to you. If your bill is over $300 they can put you on a promotion plan where you would not have to pay the finance charge for up to 18 months as long as you make the minimum payment each month.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                          Participant

Also, still see if the shelter can help in some way.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                            Participant

I have left messages for the 2 people in charge there. Well, thanks for all the encouragement. I think the truck is loaded and ready to go. Time to unload. I won’t have a computer till later but I will try to keep you updated.

• bunny-yawns
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                              36 posts Send Private Message

We’ll sure be thinking of you guys, and sending you positive thoughts.  *hugs*

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                                Participant

One more update before we leave. I just spoke with his vet. She said that the best approach right now is to do the blood culture and to test for sensitivity. She said she would send him home with the antibiotic for the EC and another one for what the other test is looking for (pasturella and a few others) and also the metacam. I will also need to give him critical care and possibly take him back in for sub-q fluids. She said they should have the results by wednesday and if it didn’t show anything she would then do the test for EC. She also said to take him off the Baytril since it hasn’t done anything for him since he has gotten worse and has the high fever.
                                                                                                                                  Sorry if I didn’t make much sense. I’m hoping you can fill in any blanks.

• Sarita
                                                                                                                                  Participant

That sounds like the right approach to go ahead and start treating for any possibilities…that’s what I would do. Ask if she can show you how to do sub-q fluids at home – this will be alot less money than taking him in if she can send him home with the fluids and you feel comfortable administering them.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                                    Participant

The shelter is willing to do the sub-q fluids for me for free. They are also helping me get his medication as well since they can’t help with the bills. I have to wait 2 days to get his blood drawn because they didn’t have the test tube for it and no other vets around here have them either. After that he will start on Penicillin injections, they are giving him metecam to be more comfortable, I am continuing Baytril until he can have the Penicillin and he is also being started on Panicure (spelling?) for the EC.
                                                                                                                                      Going to pick him up now! =)

• LizzieKnittyBun
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Aw, he’s going to be so much happier when he sees you.

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Get well soon Hugo!!!!

*tons of hugs and nose rubs*

• Beka27
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Panacur. This is a common med. I’m so glad he’s been seen and all of this necessary business is getting underway. Of course, please continue to keep us updated on how he does and what the vet says/does.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Hugo is no longer with us. I picked him up and asked them to give him the shot of Penicillin before we left. Within 10 minutes he could no longer support the top half of his body or his head. He stopped breathing in my arms.
                                                                                                                                              I know he was happy and loved for the short amount of time we had him. 6 weeks was not long enough. He will be missed and I am heart broken but I know I gave him a happy ending. There will never be another bun like him.
                                                                                                                                              Thank you again for all the help and support you all have provided. I really did appreciate it.

• allegrabunny
                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                              116 posts Send Private Message

Amy,
                                                                                                                                                I am so sorry. There is never enough time for love. I am so sorry.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                                                                22338 posts Send Private Message

Oh Amy! He’s gone too quickly. I am so sorry.  My condolences to you and your family.
                                                                                                                                                  Thank you for giving Hugo such loving care and sharing so much about him here. He will be missed!
                                                                                                                                                  *Binky Free Hugo!*

• Michelle&Lolli
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Amy, I am so so sorry! I know he was truly loved and you all were blessed to have him. I know you and your family made him so happy. Sudden loss is never easy as i know but just take it one day at a time. Hugs and prayers for you all!

• Bumblebunny
                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                    134 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have followed his story since you got him. You provided him with great care and lots of love.

• nugget
                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                      161 posts Send Private Message

:’o( So sorry to hear that you lost Hugo. You did everything you could do, and he is very lucky to have been loved so much!
                                                                                                                                                        Hugs to you!

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thank you everyone. It’s been a rough night.

• Helenor
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                          291 posts Send Private Message

Poor Hugo. I’m very sorry. At least you gave him a good home and must’ve been very happy while he was with you.

• LizzieKnittyBun
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Amy, I’m so sorry. I know there isn’t anything I can say to help. You were such good parents to Hugo, and it’s so unfair that you had so little time with him. You made that time very happy, and he died in the arms of someone he loved.

• ScooterandAnnette
                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                              1090 posts Send Private Message

Oh my heart is breaking reading this! We all know how difficult it can be to worry over a sick bun, and how quickly things can go from bad to the worst possible outcome. We are so sorry for your loss
                                                                                                                                                                – Annette

• mrmac
                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                2156 posts Send Private Message

I ma so sorry that you lost Hugo. He was a beautiful boy. I am sorry your time with him was cut so short, but you gave him a great home in the time you did have with him. Hugs to you.

• cactuspancake
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                  536 posts Send Private Message

aw… I’m crying right now for him. I’m so happy that you two loved eachother before he left.

• LizzieKnittyBun
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Amy, I hope this shows you how much everyone here has been thinking about you. I’m crying too, and I hope you’ll tell us if anyone we can do can help you while you go through this sad experience.

• FluffyBunny
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I’m very sorry about Hugo. I was truly hoping that he would get better.

I know that his last 6 weeks were some of the best he’s had, and I’m glad he could be with you for his last few weeks. I hope that someday, another bunny will hop into your heart.

Rest in peace, little Hugo!

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Oh no I am so very very sorry to hear about Hugo

Binky free little man, watch over your mama from the Bridge.

• Karla
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Amy, I am so sorry Hugo did not make it I was thinking of you and Hugo and just wanted to log in and read what I had hoped was good news. You fought hard for the little guy, but he has found peace now. My thoughts go out to you.

Binky free, Hugo!

RIP

• GrumpyBun
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                            643 posts Send Private Message

Amy, I am so sorry to hear this sad news – we were all desperately hoping for a different outcome. No, six weeks was not enough but I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that he ended his days happy and loved. I am thinking of you and your family, and sending many hugs your way.

• Beka27
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I am shocked. I did not expect this. You did everything right, you got him in ASAP. You kept up with the various abscesses beautifully… I really don’t know what to say. It truly must have just been his time to go. He was so fortunate to have had a wonderful, caring family in his last days, and I know you will always remember and love that beautiful guy. Hugs to you and your family… :o(

(((Binky free, Hugo!!!)))

• RabbitPam
                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

I am reading this now and just heartsick for you. You and your husband made a courageous effort to help your little man, and the shelter came through as best they can as well. Your vet was doing her best, but as others have said, it sounds like it was just his time.

He knew he was loved. He got the care and affection he needed in his life so you sent him off to the the Rainbow Bridge in your loving arms. He will be missed here, too.
                                                                                                                                                                                  {{{{{{{{{{{Hugs to you and your hubby}}}}}}}}}}}
                                                                                                                                                                                  {{{{{{{{{{{Binky free, sweet Hugo}}}}}}}}}}}

• Sarita
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

I’m heartbroken and I know you are as well. You are absolutely correct in that these were the best 6 weeks of Hugo’s life. I thought about Hugo and you all last night and was hopeful, but I’m glad I got to know him and enjoy him with you.

I’m just sorry he couldn’t be with us longer and I know your daughters and husband are as sad as you are.

Hugs to you and your family Amy and I will light a candle so Hugo can cross the bridge and be whole again.

• bunnyluvr
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                    409 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry that your beautiful boy didn’t make it. He was a special bunny – so funny with his antics that I so enjoyed reading about here. You took wonderful care of him and he was a happy, well loved bun. Binky free sweet Hugo! Hugs to you and your family.

• AbbyGirl
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you everyone. It’s hard to know he was doing better before we got him and everything went down hill after the Penicillin injection. I keep wondering if he was given the wrong kind, too much or if he was allergic to it. I know it was his time to go. I woke up to no rattle of an nic pen and no little puff ball chasing me around the house for his breakfast. Thank you again for all the kind words.

• bunny-yawns
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                        36 posts Send Private Message

I am so very sorry to hear.    

• Otti
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                          535 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about Hugo, Amy. I think it was just his time to go either way, and that he was lucky that in his final weeks, he was able to have a family to call his own and someone to care about him enough to fight for his health and make him as comfortable as possible.

• Deleted User
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                            22064 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry that Hugo did not make it. It is so devastating when they leave us. But you know at least you did never let him down for a moment.

• BinkyBunny
                                                                                                                                                                                              Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                                              8776 posts Send Private Message

OH, what a journey you have been on. I am so sorry. It is obvious that Hugo was loved immensely and was so lucky to have you. At least he was able to pass in your arms with so much love. Binky Free Hugo.

Viewing 92 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help! Hugo isn’t acting right UPDATE TONIGHT