Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A help! holland lop ate mozzarella sticks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • MADS101021
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

hi all..my holland lop managed to inhale about 6 mozzarella sticks and tomato sauce that i left on a paper plate overnight.  she can’t normally reach the table they were on, but my boyfriend moved the coffee table yesterday and forgot to put it back so she took the opportunity to use it as a springboard….now she’s digging at the floor and chewing up a storm …i gave her one tablet of gasx but now i’m really worried she might be in pain or worse..help!

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

So that’s a lot of mozzarella sticks…  I assume that was essentially a lot of breading and cheese. If she is showing signs of pain, it is likely gastric distress as her system is not equipped to handle that quantity of bread/dairy. I don’t think any ingredients in moz. sticks are inherently ‘toxic’ to rabbits— just not good. At the best, with encouraging hay and hydration, the gas will eventually pass and she’ll be OK. There may be some funky poops and such. At the worse, she may stop eating for a long time, in which case you need to take her to a vet to get fluids and medication to help with gut stimulation.

Have she eaten hay or anything since this?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
          16907 posts Send Private Message

Oh my! I agree with Wick. Has she eaten anything at all since this incident?

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

Oh my goodness! Are you sure your rabbit isn’t a dog?

I wonder if you could give her some simethicone and some critical care just to get some “good stuff” in her system?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A help! holland lop ate mozzarella sticks