Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Help creating a habitat using wire storage cubes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunFluff
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

I plan on updating my buns habitat and really want to offer them more room by using storage cubes. My concern is hay and poops migrating outside of the enclosure. I’ve got two small kids and need to keep the floors around the enclosures clean. I plan to transition to covered litter boxes in hopes that it will contain more the poop and hay.

My questions are:

How messy do you think this setup would be if I only have time to clean it twice a week?

Is it possible to transition to a litter box with a closed lid and ditch hay racks?

Will my strong rabbit be able to push the enclosure and somehow escape?

Thanks!

• Willowsanimalworld
        Participant
        16 posts Send Private Message

I would personally say if you haven’t bought the storage cubes yet, to buy ones with plastic on the inside, and wire lining it. If you have already bought them, then you should be fine as long as you clean the cage every other day and have a blanket/rug at the bottom of the enclosure.

Hope this helped!

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

Hi @Willowsanimalworld , this thread is over a year old, so I will go ahead and lock it. We ask that members don’t reply to old threads to avoid confusion.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The topic ‘Help creating a habitat using wire storage cubes’ is closed to new replies.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Help creating a habitat using wire storage cubes