Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help! Buster just ate a little bit of Mouse and Rat poison!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bunnycutie
    Participant

omg petzy! is that brindle colored blob in the background a dog? first i got scared, i thought it was a gigantic rabbit! i was like wow thats a really big bunny

Deleted User
    Participant

Posted By bunnycutie on 09/15/2009 04:01 AM
    omg petzy! is that brindle colored blob in the background a dog? first i got scared, i thought it was a gigantic rabbit! i was like wow thats a really big bunny

Yes, I have a giant brindle rabbit!

bunnycutie
    Participant

oh thats a big rabbit! haha lol!

jerseygirl

Thanks for the update on Buster! Is he grounded?

(Petzy – awesome picture. Bugs is the sweetest, so is your dog by the looks. They are really good with the bunnies.)

RabbitPam

I’m so glad he’s doing better.

While it still bears watching, it does sound like he’s out of the woods.
    Thanks for posting a picture.

Cajunboi
    Participant

UPDATE: It’s day six and nothing has changed… He is still as active as ever and eating and drinking normally… And yes, He is GROUNDED! LOL! Not really! HA!

bunnyluvr
    Participant

Whew! That was a close one! Must have been so frightening for you guys. So glad it seems as tho he is okay!

luvmybunny
    Participant

Glad he is doing fine, that is good news! Keep us posted

Wow! Petzy that is a great picture! Beautiful dog and bunny….how sweet!

RabbitPam

OOps, sorry. Those are Petzy’s pix. Petzy, your bunnies are adorable.

Scarlet_Rose
    Participant

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am glad to hear that Buster is O.K. and I recommend that everyone keep an poison control number nearby like this one provided by the ASPCA that I keep posted on the fridge along with the vets phone #: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poiso…soned.html

This is the main web page:

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/

Since rabbits are rather unique and do not respond the same as a cat or dog I use the ASPCA web site as a guideline and rely on a rabbit-savvy vet for the final word.

Deleted User
    Participant

When my dog ate warfarin at a relative’s house, even though she was at the vets’ within 20 min. of ingestion and made to throw up seven times, she began hemorrhaging on day 15. She had been on vitamin K the entire time but still she bled. I should add that this dog survived. She died of another illness 5 years later.

–Keep an eye on Buster. Check his gums for bleeding, too.

Rabbitpam, , that’s Bugs from KK’s rescue that my friend adopted. Tactless, I shouldn’t have posted pics in this thread, this is about Buster.

MooBunnay
    Participant

I’m so glad to hear that Buster is OK. I would imagine that if he is fine maybe he didn’t end up eating any of the poison? Either way, its great news that he is OK.

Petzy – thats the cutest picture!! I had to show it to my husband because I really want a dog so I’m trying to prove to him that if we select very carefully we could find a dog to get along with the bunnies

bunnytowne
    Participant

How scary.   I  hope he will be ok.   A minor repair for the car turned into a major one.   Yeah the tend to do that sometimes.  

OH Buster please be ok.

Cajunboi
    Participant

UPDATE: It’s day 12 and he is still OK! Nothing has changed… I have been checking poo and pee several times a day and I have also checked his gums for bleeding… I am SO ready for this to be over! I guess maybe after a month I’ll be able to rest easy… I just don’t want anything to happen to that little guy… He is so cute and cuddly and just a ball of FUN! We love him so much! We can’t even think of him being gone…

I checked the block of poison very carefully and there were teeth marks on it… It was like he just scraped the top of it and really didn’t get a good bite… My wife caught him right as he was doing it… UGH!

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers!

Deleted User
    Participant

You must have a knot in your stomach until this time of waiting is up!
    I am not a vet obviously but I would imagine these poisons are made to act fast in the body of a little animal (mouse, rat, bunny) so every day that goes by without him showing signs is a step closer to calling it a close one and Buster negative for poisoning!
    can I ask, what did you do with the block of poison?

edit: did you call the poison line? They could already give you a green light for Buster according to the # of days it’s been. I think the just-one-bite is much faster than what my dog ate and rats die within 4 to 7 days of eating it.

KatnipCrzy
    Participant

Just keep checking his gums and ears to make sure that they do not look pale. 

Also if you have not had him neutered yet- you will want to make sure you mention this incident to the vet before any type of surgery even if it is months from now- better safe than sorry.  And Buster will need to be able to clot his blood normally before any procedure.  And just to be on the safe side I would refrain from any nail trims until the more critical waiting period is past.

Kokaneeandkahlua
    Participant

Also if you have not had him neutered yet- you will want to make sure you mention this incident to the vet before any type of surgery even if it is months from now- better safe than sorry. And Buster will need to be able to clot his blood normally before any procedure. And just to be on the safe side I would refrain from any nail trims until the more critical waiting period is past.

GREAT point katnip!!

Cajunboi
    Participant

UPDATE: It’s day 19 and he is still FINE! I am still a nervous wreck… Sometimes I think I’m seeing things and then it turns out it’s nothing… Oh I am ready for this to be over… I haven’t let him out to play for two weeks now just to be on the safe side…

KatNip: He has been Neutered for some time now and nail trimmings are put on hold for now…

Thanks Guys!

Donnie

BinkyBunny
    Keymaster

Wow…I wouldn’t have even thought about the dangers of nail trims and surgery stuff in regards to this. I have learned so much from this thread.

I am soooo relieved that everything turned out okay so far. (Big Whew)n So when is the waiting period officially over?

bunnytowne
    Participant

Wow yes the nail trims skip that.   I never would have known either.  Poison yuck.  So far so good for Buster.  This is a very stressful time for you I know.

Deleted User
    Participant

I’m very glad for Buster and you Cajunboi. You must now be able to look at Buster again without a terrible fear inside.

Cajunboi
    Participant

I am still very concerned… I am watching him intently! I am not sure when this will be over… I am giving it a month and then maybe I will feel better… Poor baby wants to run and play but I am afraid He will rip out a nail or hurt himself on something while he is out… I am keeping him in his condo till this is over! I am also afraid August might bite him or something…

Just several more days left!!!

VanIsCuuuuute
    Participant

My bunny just ate rat and mouse poisoning. I don’t know how much but it couldn’t be a lot more than 3 bites bc she was out of my sight for just a few seconds. She might of ate it before when I let her roam!!! I am freaking out bc she is scared of me. She just ran away and is under my deck and I can’t get her out. She has just ran away from me and she has never before. There was general FEAR in her eyes and I am really worried. Her ears were not that warm and she was acting a little strange ever since I came back from my dads farm. I don’t know what to do pls help!

Q8bunny
    Participant

This thread is very old, but I will just say the same thing all the older posts said: you must take your bun to the vet NOW! If you can also bring the packaging from the poison the bun ingested it might help the vet decide on a course of action. Please. Vet immediately.

Azerane

Q8 is right, if you found your bunny eating rat and mouse poison, please see a vet as a matter of emergency. Make sure to take the packet or know the brand name of the poison too as that will help the vet. The earlier it is treated, the better chance of survival your bunny will have.

Generally we ask that users don’t respond to old thread as it causes confusion. If you would like to start a new thread for this issue about your bunny then please follow this link as I will be locking this thread: https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/afv/post/aff/2/Default.aspx

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Help! Buster just ate a little bit of Mouse and Rat poison!’ is closed to new replies.