Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A **Help** Bugsy ate something he shouldn’t have

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • SunnyD23
      Participant
      44 posts Send Private Message

I was holding him and he ate like 3 or 4 bites of this tempurpedic pad that we have. Will he eventually  pass that through, or do I need to take him in??  

• Isabelle
        Participant
        468 posts Send Private Message

Bunnies will eat the darndest things. I’m not sure about this one, it doesn’t sound toxic but it’s possible if it gets wet it might expand and block his digestion, I don’t know if that type of pad absorbs or not. I’m sure one of the forum leaders would have a better answer for you, just keep watching his food intake and pooping and see if it changes at all.

• SunnyD23
          Participant

Okay, I know he’s due for his pain medicine since he just was neutered… Should I wait and see how he is before hand, make sure his stomach doesn’t hurt, etc… or should I just give it to him?

• SunnyD23
            Participant

I ran water on the material and it just expands back out to how it was, I’m thinking I should call the vet

• Malp_15
              Participant
              601 posts Send Private Message

I would call the vet and just ask! They may tell you to just monitor him, but it will give you peace of mind at least

• SunnyD23
                Participant

They said to just make sure he continues to eat/drink/poop. He’s been doing okay so far

• Monkeybun
                  Participant
                  10479 posts Send Private Message

Try to get him to eat more hay if you can, hay helps push things through.

• TaraMichele
                    Participant
                    285 posts Send Private Message

when I was washing my sheets one day ( because a certain unnamed bunny decided to pee on them) the unnamed bunny jumped up and nibbled on my memory foam, I monitored him and he was fine! I swear he has a tummy of steel! but getting him to eat more hay sounds like a great idea

• SunnyD23
                      Participant

Yeah, he doesn’t eat hay alot for some reason, I remember when I had guinea pigs they would chow that stuff down like there was no tomorrow! He’s been okay though, he’s been pooping, eating, drinking, and there are little fibers in his poop, so I know it’s all passing through. Little bugger.

• LittlePuffyTail
                        18092 posts Send Private Message

That sure can be scary when they eat stuff they are not supposed to. And if you have bunnies long enough they will!

• Elrohwen
                          Participant
                          7318 posts Send Private Message

They do like to give us a scare! As long as he’s still eating and pooping he’ll be ok.

Otto ate some plastic wrap he found on the floor and had poopy butt the next day. Silly buns. He won’t eat 90% of the veggies I offer, but he’ll eat plastic wrap.

• Isabelle
                            Participant
                            468 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad to hear he’s doing well! Keep us updated

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                              Participant
                              12067 posts Send Private Message

Ditto ! Please keep us updated!

• SunnyD23
                                Participant

He seems to be fine, except for the fact he found a cracker and decided to eat that. LOL- He seems to be healthy (Thank God)

• Nosila1969
                                  Participant
                                  1 posts Send Private Message

hello SunnyD do you still have Bugsy?

• BB Administrator
                                    Keymaster
                                    392 posts Send Private Message

Nosila – this member hasn’t been active in many years — if you are asking because you know them, you may want to try and message. This over 7 years old.

Locking post to prevent confusion – as no immediate response or help is required.

Helloworld!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • The topic ‘**Help** Bugsy ate something he shouldn’t have’ is closed to new replies.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A **Help** Bugsy ate something he shouldn’t have