Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • x_toffee&ginger_x
      Participant
      64 posts Send Private Message

So I ask lots of questions so sorry! So I hoovered around my buns for the first time today and they were very cautious around it and were very still. Because of this behaviour I stopped. Since then toffee has acted a bit strange and won’t stop flopping. He’s still running around and eating and drinking, I’m just wondering if I’ve really scared him. I’m very wary of the fact loud noises can send th into shock and so I just wanted to come in here. Should I be wary of loud noises around them? Or am I overreacting?? Thanks in advance I’m a first time owner so I worry over everything.

• Bam
        16837 posts Send Private Message

I think your buns will be fine. Rabbits do get accustomed to the normal sounds in a household. They can be very scared by unexpected loud noise of for example barking (unknown) dogs, fireworks close by, etc, but the normal noises of vacuuming, using food processors, a dog they know that noisily greet a homecoming family member are as a rule not a problem. When my bun was new here hid under the bed when my dog greeted my mum when she came to visit. A couple of weeks later he knew enough to nevermind the dog – he just keeps munching on his hay while she runs around and does her happy dance.

Keep an eye on appetite and poop, that can tell you a lot about how a rabbit is feeling.

• Meg
          Participant
          560 posts Send Private Message

Aw, I know that’s hard — my bunnies are also afraid of the vacuum and as a result my homes have been filthy for the last decade! ;D Though in their later years (perhaps with some hearing loss)? they don’t seem to mind if it’s in the next room and I’ve closed the door.

So Toffee is flopping a lot? It might be that he’s relieved that the monster has gone away, haha — but I don’t know for sure. It sounds like he’s OK. I think some bunny people just figure they’ll get used to the vacuuming, and some use brooms or rolling sweepers like this instead in the bunnies’ area: https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Commercial-Galvanized-9-5-Inch-FG421288BLA/dp/B005KD52SM/

• x_toffee&ginger_x
            Participant
            64 posts Send Private Message

Thankyou so much for your response. He’s eating and drinking fine. His behaviour is normal and he likes to flop anyway it was just how excessive it was that I was worried. I think I’ll try and get them used to the noise and if it continues to scare them I’ll find another way to clean.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help!