Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hells Bells!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLugs
      Participant
      117 posts Send Private Message

I should really be asleep right now, but I was just laying awake thinking to myself, when are rabbits fully grown?? Well , that, and Jessica dashing, binkying, stamping and scrabbling around her pen. So I looked it up on the internet and it said 9 months. Well, if that’s the case my Jessica is going to be HUGE!! I thought seeing as she was spayed she must be near fully grown? Right now she looks like a very large adult rabbit and she’s only just 4 months. Could she be a giant?? I looked up the giant chincilla breeds and I can tell you, she ain’t far off that now! and man, can she put that food away! She’s shovelling it down! This is so funny to me because (and I don’t want to be politically incorrect here) it turns out her boyfriend Tommy is a very stunted, >possibly runt of the litter< dwarf. She looks like arnold swarzeneger in 'twins'. Tommy won't grow and Jessica won't stop and the gap between them is getting bigger and bigger. God bless 'em!

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe, that is cute! She may very well be a giant, just be sure she doesn’t try mounting her poor little companion Tommy because she could potentially hurt him. LOL Twins, I remember that movie, it was great!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

I love monster size rabbits! You might have one on your hands. She won’t grow as fast and as much as she did from baby to 4 months, but she will grow a bit more. As far as when rabbit reach their about their full size, I’m not sure. I do know that the shapes of their face and body will change throughout their first year, but it seems to me they reach their size limit earlier on. I need to check on that.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

How fun! Big bunnies tend to be much more chill and snuggle-able than the smaller dwarfs. And I just love seeing those bunny pairs that are the odd couples with a BIG bunny and a teeny bunny – proof that looks don’t matter when it comes to bunny love! From what I have observed, bunnies keep on growing for quite awhile, but like BinkyBunny said, its not as dramatic of growth. I would even expect some more “filling out” growth wise once your bunny hits a year, but not any big size changes after that point.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

hee hee… sounds like the makings for verrry cute pics!

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

I like big bunnies a lot too! Sometimes you can get some indication of how big they’re going to be from seeing how big the paws are. Like if her paws look quite larger than the rest of her, then it’s safe to guess she’s going to grow a lot larger.

• BunnyLugs
                  Participant
                  117 posts Send Private Message

Isn’t it strange though with rabbits, one minute I look at Jess all stretched out taking a nap and I think wow! Is she really that big now! Then I look at Tommy doing the puff ball spinx manouver! and I think “my God, he’s no bigger than a tennis ball!” But at other times they appear different sizes depending on what position they’re in.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hells Bells!