Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Hello everyone!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • littlelady7692
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,

I am new to this group. I have a 5 month old male bunny name Biscuit! My fiance and I got him when we was 9 weeks old. Biscuit is very social, playful, sweet, and loves attention! My fiance and I just love him! He has become very attached to us and loves spending time us.

When we first got him, we were told he was a mini rex. However, my fiance and I were wondering if he a mix with something else (he doesn’t have the velvet fur that Rex rabbits have. I am not complaining or anything. We love everything about him and he’s perfect!) I was wondering what other breed he can be? Thanks in advance.

• BunnyLass568
        Participant
        446 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! Unfortunately I’m not well versed in rabbit breed so I’m just making a guess by saying maybe Dutch mix, again it’s just a guess but I can say he is 100% adorable!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

• Wick & Fable
          5782 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binkybunny! What a cutie.

Virtually all pet rabbits are some type of mix. His face shape is very narrow, so I could see why people may say some Rex because they tend to have that more narrow face, but there are other breeds that do as well. I think he’s simply a mix with no real discernable traits at this time.

His ear size does indicate he has some growing to do though!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t start helicoptering. Those ears look heavy!

I agree he is likely a mix. Maybe some Dutch in there.

• Bam
              16879 posts Send Private Message

Biscuit is adorable! Idk if there is any mini rex in him, but since I have a mini rex,  have some (unsolicited!) advice for a new rex owner: You should of course always keep bunny nails trimmed and check the feet for signs of sore hocks, but this is extra important for rexes bc they dont have as much protective fur under their feet as “normal-haired” buns do.

If Biscuit has curly whiskers (but it doesnt look like he has), its a strong sign there’s rex in him.

• DanaNM
                8935 posts Send Private Message

Biscuit!! He’s so cute and great name!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Hello everyone!