Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Heart break?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Pippa
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi.  I have a house rabbit, that comes in to school with me as a school rabbit during the week.  He has been in the school for a year and has been fab!  He loves the students, is sociable and cared for!  Over the summer holidays, he has been very close to my cats (we moved in to a three bed house and so the rabbit regularly has free reign of the house).  Both my cats have been with a house rabbit before, one of them loves him and regularly cleans the rabbit, the other is scared and just runs away.

The problem is this year, when I have brought him into school on a monday, he seems down and upset.  He is not eating as much hay, and definitely doesn’t drink as much water during the week.  Is this to do with bonding with the cats?

What can I do?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Hi there, welcome

It’s possible he is depressed. Depression can cause rabbits to slip into stasis. Is he pooping and eating OK overall? I am not too familiar with that close of a bond between a cat and a rabbit, but I suppose it is possible. He also could be sad about his new surroundings in general.

Honestly rabbits aren’t great pets for classrooms, is it possible for you to move him back home? That much moving around is probably stressful for him.

It’s also possible that it’s a coincidence and he’s having some other health problems. Dental issues can cause buns to eat less hay.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vienna Blue in France
          Participant
          5317 posts Send Private Message

Hi Pippa,

Ditto Dana.
            Maybe also he has come out of childhood and is an adult bun…
            And yes, buns can bond with other animals especially a cat. Veeeery similar to buns.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Heart break?