Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Head tilt causing snoring when sleeping

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ash
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit Nala 5 yr male, had a head tilt. It doesn’t bother him except for when he sleeps. His head leans to the side and causes him to snore. The vet says it’s normal, and not a big deal. We keep an eye out though, and do check ups.
        I don’t like seeing him uncomfortable though and was wondering If anyone  has ever tried a neck brace of some kind? Or maybe neck massaging?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry no one has responded to this!

I haven’t heard of anyone trying anything like this. My gut tells me that a neck brace probably isn’t a great idea. I know there are those “soft” collars meant to keep a bun from messing with sutures, but I think that would also prevent them from eating their cecals and might just be very stressful for him.

Gentle and careful massage might be nice though if done correctly and very gently. There are also pet acupuncturists that specialize in rabbits, perhaps you could see if there is one in your area?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Shmibunny
          Participant
          2 posts Send Private Message

Depending what kind of positions he likes to sleep in, maybe some kind of pet bed might be to his liking?

My girl doesn’t so much sleep in her bed, but loves to sleep next to it and lick it, and sometimes rests her head or chin on the edge. My boy used to flop in the bed sidesways or rest his head or chin on the edge as well. The bed’s made for dogs but a nice soft plush-like material and the edge is very low. It comes in many sizes. It’s also endured many, many machine washes, and it’s quite flat in the centre and doesn’t tempt peeing.

There are also bunny “donut beds” and things like that on Etsy. I’ve not tried them though.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Head tilt causing snoring when sleeping