Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR He keeps peeing on my couch…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Aimeenb45
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

So my husband and I went out and got a bunny almost a week ago. He’s about 10 weeks old. Cutest and sweetest bunny I could ever ask for. He has decided, however, that the couch is his now and is his litter box. Lol. Now I have NO experience with rabbits, especially indoor rabbits. So any advice is welcome really. First things first though, because I hate keeping him in his cage. Now he’s not litter trained yet. I figured that it is best to let him get used to being here first. Now I know he’s most likely just marking his territory, especially since he’s new here. I would just like some advice on what I can do to 1. Get rid or the pee stains. 2. Get rid of the smell. 3. Keep it from happening. Any advice is welcome, and very much appreciated!

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Pee stains can be removed with any enzymatic spot remover or car upholstery shampoo. I use Vanish spray or Zip car (upholstery) shampoo. Enzymes will break down the smell.

Another alternative is vinegar and water, 50/50 mix.

You need to block him from accessing the sofa until he is littertrained and neutered. Buns like peemarking sofas and beds. This tendency might not go away with neutering, but it could.

You should also start littertraining him immediately. It’s difficult to get an intact young bunny perfectly litterbox trained, but the sooner you start, the better. If he has a big area to move around in it can be best to make it smaller by using an x-pen. Put poop and sth he has peed on in the box. Preferably place it where he has gone before – or if he goes outside the box, move the box to that very spot. Placement of the box is very important for rabbits. They choose a toilet-spot, and they will go in that spot regardless if there’s a box or not. Most buns catch on pretty quickly.

• Aimeenb45
          Participant
          3 posts Send Private Message

I know it’s been forever since you replied, but I’d just like to say thank you so much! Once we got him a litter box, he took to it so well. I was honestly amazed at how quickly he adjusted to it. Granted that was in his cage. He still kept using the bathroom other places. BUT we also took your other advice recently and got him fixed and honestly he has done SO MUCH better! Thank you!

• jerseygirl
            22342 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for reporting back, Aimeenb45! It’s really good to hear these positive updates. It does help validate the usual advice given. It will hopefully encourage others that are currently facing the issue you were.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR He keeps peeing on my couch…