Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR He ate my hair!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • vaneza
      Participant
      58 posts Send Private Message

Ok, I’ve been here before and you guys were very helpful,

Now I have a new problem… my bunny ate a chunk of my air, right in front of my face! I didn’t notice until now at work, I was putting my hair up and I noticed there was a chunck missing…

Is this bad for him?? how do I get him to stop? (he does it when I’m watching tv too… he likes to hang out on the back of the couch…

any advice?

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi! You probably don’t want your bun eating to much of your hair – in addition to the appearance of your hair thing, it can cause a blockage in the buns tummy. Are you sure he ate it? He could have just chewed it and droped it, bunnies like to play with threads and little pieces of carpet etc. with their teeth. Maybe he likes the smell of your shampoo? Or he could jsut be trying to groom you I’d reccomend keeping your hair in a ponytail, and maybe get a more strongly scented shampoo? That way he’ll stay away from your hair.

• wendyzski
          Participant
          1312 posts Send Private Message

Pepper nibbled a chunk of my hair too – it stuck up for a while when I pulled my hair back.  Explaining it to the hairdresser was fun "Yeah, my bun decided I needed a new ‘do"/

• vaneza
            Participant
            58 posts Send Private Message

haha… sorry about your hair, he left me about 2 inches of hair, so I can hide it a little, and since It was right on the front, its like “bangs gone bad” but it’s ok, you can’t tell if I wear it to the side…

anyway, I do think he ate it since there was no hair anywhere around the bed, oh! that brings me to another thing..

Now I trust him enough that he can be running the apartment (I live in a good sized studio) all night, and day when I’m there, and I put him in his cage, wich is 2 1/2 by 4 with three stories, when I’m at work, is that ok?

I just love to wake up to the sound of him going crazy running around the apartment… he even jumps on my bed just to get speed and jumb off my bed onto the couch and to the top of his cage… should I keep him in his cage while I’m asleep??

fyi, the cage door is always open so he can eat hay and drink water when he wants

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello!  I think its OK that your bun can run around when you are sleeping, the only things that I would watch out for are 1) that he cannot get to any cords, and bite them, and 2) (learned from a fellow memmbers experience) make sure there is no water in the bathtub that the bunny could hop into!  I myself am most concerned about cords when bunnies get out – just because they could be clearing a "path" through your apartment and all of a sudden come upon a cord "root" and bite it and get a shock.  The other thing you might want to watch out for at night is bunnies  underfoot – I have actually had a couple friends whose Dad accidentally almost stepped on a bun at night….not so good!

I think its cute he likes jumping up on your bed, that must be fun!

Has he munched any more of your hair lately?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR He ate my hair!