Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Harvey is a vampire

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • JOz1319
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

So Harvey is our second bun. He is 5 months old. We got him last month from a breeder (he was a retired show bunny-at four months XD) she said he lived in a barn/rabbitry around many other rabbits. Since we’ve had him we keep him in a cage for both his and Elmies safety, and to kind of help him get used to using that as a litter box. He never had tried to bite me when we initially got him. We bought him a skinny moose toy as an Xmas present, and the first time he really got me was when I tried to move his moose. Wrong move!! He literally ATTACHED himself to my hand and I ended up pulling him out of the pen we had set up. Since then he’s gotten me probably 10-12 times and he’s left a scar every time. He’s been neutered since the initial bite but is STILL biting/trying to kill me(that’s how it feels anyway) he doesn’t bite my girlfriend just me. I’ve been the one who has had to pull him out of his cage for medication, and who’s reached in his cage to feed. It’s really frustrating that IM the one he decides to bite. When we let him run free you can tell he’s so happy but when I get down on the floor with him to show him that I’m not a threat out of nowhere he’ll just start biting me, sometimes several times in one go.

Honestly I have no idea what I’m doing to him to make him bite me hard. Like I said he’s broken skin each time, even through clothes. Is this something that is going to go away with time? It’ll be almost 3 weeks now that he’s been fixed, I know aggression is supposed to go away with his horomones, but I’m starting ton feel like maybe he still has one of his balls XD sorry! Is there anything I can do to stop this? I try to yell “eek!” When he does it but I’m so caught in the moment I just end up giving a grouchy low pitched ahhhh! XD

HELP!!!

• Mikey
        Participant
        3186 posts Send Private Message

Some male rabbits can take up to 2 months to fully have their hormones drained. Keep with the grouchy low pitched “ahh”s (lol) and soon enough he should get over it A little extra greens or treats might help as well

• JOz1319
          Participant
          8 posts Send Private Message

Oh well that’s great news! ?? we had it easy with Elmie. She only hit me once because she was annoyed with me trying to burrito her to give her meds. She’s as peaceful as an elephant. This guy on the other hand is the devil himself lol. He’s lucky he’s cute cause two months is rough. I’ll try and give him more greens though to see if maybe that’ll give him the hint that I’m not all that bad ? Fingers crossed!! (If I still have them that is!!)

• Tgbarber
            Participant
            85 posts Send Private Message

You have a good sense of humor. You had me chuckling through your post. Good luck! I hope he stops soon. In mean time can you get thick gloves for reaching in cage? Sounds so painful.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Harvey is a vampire