Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hanging Testicles

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cookie
      Blocked
      13 posts Send Private Message

Hello,

I have a 10 months old rabbit, I suddenly noticed today that when he was sitting, his testicles here touching the floor, I’ve never seen this before, I know they are testicles, it keeps contracting and retracting but it looks like its hanging, is it normal? I am unable to get a picture as I touched a dog and he sniffed it on my hand and because of that he’s running away from me (yes, I had washed my hand very well :’3 )

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

Testicles do naturally hang, so it sounds like they have descended and he’s ready to be neutered. Unless what you’re saying is they were already descended, but now there is a noticeable difference in how much they are showing un-retracted (ex. they are swollen or something).

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cookie
          Blocked
          13 posts Send Private Message

Nope, not swollen. He’s not neutered yet, its difficult to find rabbit savvy docs here.

• Wick & Fable
            5781 posts Send Private Message

Ah then it is probably just his body naturally maturing and him showing his assets, haha. Sometimes he may ‘suck’ them in, so you won’t see them. Neutering is not as necessary for males as spaying is in females, since females have a high risk for uterine cancer. That being said, the accompanying hormones can make some males pretty destructive and spray pee and hump things generally. If you find these hormonal behaviors are disrupting your ability to get along with your rabbit, I would recommend getting him neutered.

“Exotic” veterinarians are the label for veterinarians who are specialized in non-dog/cat pets. That may be a better search term if you’re searching online in your area. You can also contact any rabbit rescues in your area and ask where they get their rabbits fixed.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Sonn
              Participant
              1810 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes they just hang. Lol.

My last boy rarely had them tucked away.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hanging Testicles