Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Hanging out in the cage more

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • mvmdlg
      Participant
      38 posts Send Private Message

Shadow is always allowed out her cage every single night for as long as we can allow it. Sometimes we have a meeting or sometimes our schedules change or something.  For a while when we had just gotten her she was difficult to get her back into her cage and then she would go in but we would have to help her by saying “shadow cage” and then we would usually give her an extra carrot.   FOr the past 2 weeks she has been going in all by herself way before we are ready /need for her to go in the cage.  My husband says it might be because of the christmas tree and we are always after her to stay away from the tree,  we had little kids over a couple weeks ago and one was a bit more excited to see Shadow then what we would have expected. Is this just another phase?  She is eating,and drinking and using the bathroom all normal.  She is also starting to shed a lot more.

• megrat7
        Participant
        83 posts Send Private Message

Probably weather/excitement related. Indy gets into moods for days at a time when he doesn’t want to be bothered. Sometimes its shedding related or he needs a nail trim. Be patient, it may just work itself out.

• jerseygirl
          22342 posts Send Private Message

I agree, it may pass. Some are really sensitive to changes in their environment. It good she views her cage as her comfort zone. : )

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

Her cage should be her safe spot, so it would make sense that she returns there. As she becomes more trustworthy, you might be able to leave her cage open thru out the day and she can come and go as she pleases. They really only “exercise” in short bursts anyways.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like she’s learning bed time That’s super and you’re going about it correctly (it’s a safe place, gets a treat for going there) -sounds great! Keep it up I firmly agree that any pet should have at least one spot they can go to that is their ‘safe place’ where no one will touch them-it gives them a feeling of control and security.

• dmh426
                Participant
                433 posts Send Private Message

I’m right there with Beka27. Their cage isn’t like sending a teenager to their room, it’s not a punishment. it’s their den, their home, where they feel the safest. My bunny Sophie will go in if we have the surround sound on while watching a movie, if people are over, if i bang and clang pots in the kitchen…they just go where they feel safest when the environment or people are too active for them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Hanging out in the cage more