Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Hampton Villa- Autumn’s First Cardboard Castle

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Autumn's Dad
      Participant
      208 posts Send Private Message

Hi all, just thought you would like to see this as it might give you some ideas for constructing your own. First, I have to thank the good folk down at Hobbycraft (a shop here in the UK) for their time and generosity in giving me a number of sturdy double walled boxes for free. After folding them back up i cut the arches you see on the front and between the boxes on each floor, conjoining the two rooms and sellotaped them together (only the exterior so she wont chew the tape). After stacking the floors she went right in and immediately went into excitable puppy mode, dashing, binkying, chewing, and running rings around me (very rare for her to do)! I built it like this as i like the stepped roof which provides various levels to explore, to access the top floor she must accurately jump up and through the arch, the multiple odd shaped rooms make for an interesting house and the build is pretty sturdy and can almost take the weight of a grown man!

I filled the left bottom floor room with newspaper for a digging box and the left upper with a towel floor for resting with bare hallways to the right upper and lower. The beauty of it is you can replace boxes as they become old and haggard while keeping the original structure standing indefinitely. The name was my home, which was very old and once had a crumbling name plaque with ‘Hampton Villa’ chiselled into it. Now it’s up to her to do her renovations and construction work

A.D

• Vienna Blue in France
        Participant
        5317 posts Send Private Message

I wonder if she’ll understand that it is a DIGGING box and not the new ‘restroom’…. ….

• LittlePuffyTail
          18092 posts Send Private Message

Cute! Autumn is very lucky to have such a thoughtful Daddy!

• Autumn's Dad
            Participant

Vienna- I hope so! 😮 or else I’m in trouble

LittlePuffyTail- thanks for the complement, I’m just trying to steer her away from boredom and give her something to do as you can see she is a little chunky. The vet confirmed she’s on the higher end of ideal weight now so trying to increase her activity while working on her diet (what that really means is resisting her begging gaze for more pellets!) haha

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

Yes, I know! It’s so hard to say no!

• Autumn's Dad
                Participant

LPT- Yep, got her on a new pellet now, I didn’t like the old ones as they were very dusty and often made her sneeze I’m trying Wagg- ‘Bunny Brunch’ now and will cut back to dawn and dusk feedings as I had gotten into the habit of feeding lunch as well.

• Bam
                  16871 posts Send Private Message

That’s a lovely villa for a lady bunny! I have made sth similar (but less elegant) for my Yohio, and it was a success from the start. He has made arches himself, I only cut square door-holes

• Autumn's Dad
                    Participant

Thanks, I am not around much unfortunately as I work, and soon be studying so I want to keep her entertained as much as I can. Although she spends 6-9 waking hours with me. Cool, it’s fascinating to see them at work modifying their home, Autumns favourite is to dash in and out, doing a 180 to turn back round and start over again

On a side note, she has stopped destroying my rug. sadly, I found out it was not just mindless digging/chewing but that she was being hurt by the rug without me knowing. She had serious weeping sore hocks on account of the coarse wool rug (as I now understand), but after I covered the original rug with a very soft fleece blanket she stopped digging and her sores are healing up and slowly being covered by fur.
                      AD

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Hampton Villa- Autumn’s First Cardboard Castle