Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Halfway in the litter box

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlightbunny66
      Participant
      694 posts Send Private Message

Muffin keeps standing halfway in the box and eating the hay, so he poops outside. This is mainly how poops get out of his. Pinky had better litter habits (some poops outside the box) until I let him out for playtime one night after I let Muffin out. Now when I wake up in the morning there’s a million poops all over his pen and some pee… Any tips for that? For Muffins box I have to put the hay all over the box but try to mainly put it in the back so he has to get in. I have to put the hay all over to cushion his hop, otherwise the wood pellets are loud when he jumps in. I could get him a bigger box but I feel like he’ll just keep doing it. What could I put on top of the wood pellets that would make it quieter? Or is there something else I can do? I don’t wanna have to buy paper bedding every month cause it’s expensive. He does this from the front and side of the box:

• Louiethebunny
        Participant
        603 posts Send Private Message

What I would do is to pick him up/nudge him into the litter box so he knows where the right spot to eat hay is.

• pinkiemarie
          Participant
          414 posts Send Private Message

Can you get him a little larger box that takes up that entire end of the pen?

• Moonlightbunny66
            Participant

@Louiethebunny Thanks! I can try that.

@pinkiemarie
              Yeah I can try to look for a bigger bin. Walmart might have something suitable. But I think he’ll still just do the same thing lol. I can look though.

• pinkiemarie
              Participant
              414 posts Send Private Message

Lol yep he might do the same thing but it’s worth a try!

• Wick & Fable
                5771 posts Send Private Message

I would also recommend a larger bin, since that free room doesn’t really do much anyways. I think your pen might be the same as mine, which means that the Boot Box from the Container Store (if there is one in your area you’re able to go to safely) does well. I’m sure there could be Walmart equivalents as well!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Moonlightbunny66
                  Participant

@Wick Thanks! Yeah I tried to put the box in the middle of that end but he shoved it over lol. But he still does it from the front. I’ll try to find a bigger one for him. He’s a big bunny!

• DanaNM
                    8901 posts Send Private Message

Agree he needs a MUCH bigger box! He’s a big boy!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• JackRabbit
                      Participant
                      5451 posts Send Private Message

I use two huge cat litterboxes for my lops but if you have the space, I’ve seen people use under-the-bed storage boxes, garden trays, and cage bottoms with the cage part removed as well.

• Moonlightbunny66
                        Participant

@DanaNM Yeah I didn’t know how big he was until I got him. 😆

@JackRabbit
                          Yeah I wanna do more of the under the bed storage bin idea for when I have both of the bunnies in one pen. Cause they’ll have more space when I put them together. I’ll have to find a bin like that but smaller for now. I’m hoping the bunnies won’t take too long to bond lol!

• JackRabbit
                          Participant
                          5451 posts Send Private Message

Moonlight, once they’re bonded you’ll definitely need a really big litterbox or two large ones.  Bonded buns often like to be in the same litterbox at the same time.

• Moonlightbunny66
                            Participant

@JackRabbit I will don’t worry! 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Halfway in the litter box