Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Gurgly Lop

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

My mini-lop always makes really weird gurgly tummy sounds when he drinks. It’s really strange and both my previous lops did this as well. My mini-rex doesn’t do this. Does anyone else’s buns do this? He drinks out of a small bowl attached to the cage.

• Firsttimer
        Participant
        144 posts Send Private Message

Yip my Pepper does and my husband and I really giggle because it’s so cute. She drinks from a bottle attached to her cage and it’s like she can’t drink it fast enough.

• babybunsmum
          Participant
          3896 posts Send Private Message

same here… Baby has a water bottle in her litter cage and a crock on her bedroom floor, and she gurgles when drinking out of either.  they must take in a lot of air when they slurp up the water!

• Hannah
            Participant
            274 posts Send Private Message

My littler mini rex is very gurgly, but my big one doesn’t ever make tummy noise. Little Winnie even gurlges when she eats… ><

• jellyrose
              Participant
              111 posts Send Private Message

Both my lops gurgle when they drink too. I used to have a californian who didn’t gurgle but squeeked like a guiniepig when he ate!

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

Okay it’s good to know Bindi’s not the only one! I assume it’s pretty normal now.

• cerise
                  Participant
                  10 posts Send Private Message

Weird gurgly noises in a bunny’s tummy is normally gas/air buildup (which you can help relieve with a tummy rub.) When a bunny drinks very fast they can take in a lot of air which can cause them gas/bloating and gurgling. The gurgling noises from the tummy can be the ones to keep an eye out for, because gas in a bunny can cause them some pain / problems. If it’s not coming from their tummy, then your bunny is just normally showing contentment. (Grinding the teeth — not crunching, but gentle grinding — as well as gurgling are happy noises.)

If you notice that your bunny’s tummy looks swollen or tight, try to massage your bunny’s tummy by first trancing them, then very gently rubbing the sides of their tummy (they don’t like the WHOLE tummy rubbed, just the sides.)

If they stop eating/drinking/pooping – they might have a blockage or be sick: http://houserabbit.usersource.com/GIStasis.htm Call your vet’s emergency number.

(My bunny ate some of a plastic bag and had a monstrous amount of gas buildup — she had to have medicine and daily tummy rubs for two weeks to help her.)

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Gurgly Lop