Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Grunting bunny.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Payton
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

Hello!

I always took grunting noises as a “I’m not happy” sound, but my male rabbit who is a little over half a year old began to make these grunting noises while running around our living room. He “binkies” non stop while running and making these grunting noises, so I guess that means they are happy noises!

I’d like to get some confirmation that these are happy noises, thank you!

• LBJ10
        16898 posts Send Private Message

Some bunnies are just very vocal. He could be grunting or honking. Neither is exclusively a “bad” sound. Some bunnies just make noises when they are very excited? Is he neutered?

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

It does sound like it could be “honking”! My bun sounds like a little pig when he honks… more like an “oink” lol

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Payton
              Participant
              4 posts Send Private Message

He is not neutered no. I was wondering if it was a territorial noise but it’s when he’s running and binky-ing around! He will also do it when he hears us grabbing hay or his food bag… so again I’m hoping it’s happy noises haha!

• DanaNM
                8930 posts Send Private Message

Yep, I bet he’s honking! It’s a happy (and often …ahem… amorous) noise 😉

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
                16871 posts Send Private Message

It is a happy noise, but its also a noise a bun makes when it’s courting another bun. It’s more common in intact rabbits, but f ex my neutered girl grunts when she comes running and circles me for a treat.

A territorial bun might growl. It can be accompanied by a lunge or it can just be a warning growl. It’s difficult to interpret it as anything other than a growl.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Grunting bunny.